Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th August 2012, 20:56   #1
mark120z-t

mg zt

Wink very useful thanks

mg zt 2004 saloon
many thanks after reading many posts on leaking boot spaces on these cars i have finally cured all leaks and rehomed the goldfish from my boot.

another query i have though has any one experienced the following the problem i have is the central locking on the passenger side does not open the car but when opened from inside will lock on the button, the boot works both off the key fob and the button in the car, i'm just wondering if it is an easy fix and can be done without removing the door panels.

i just want to add also how useful i have found the site and although these cars may not be everybodies cup of tea i have owned most rovers over the last 25 years and also montego's one of the first mg montego's (with digital dash) and i even owned an mg metro and loved them all.
keep up this great site
mark120z-t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2012, 21:01   #2
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Could you make that bit about locking a wee bit clearer please cos I can't quite make sense of it .

Colvert.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2012, 21:07   #3
mark120z-t

mg zt

sorry yes the problem is when i press the button on the key the drivers door opens a second click and the drivers side rear door unlocks but passenger side doesnot i hold the button down and the boot lid opens, but if i open the passenger doors from inside the buttons come up as they should and doors are able to be opened but when i press the key fob button all doors lock as they should
Old 7th August 2012, 21:16   #4
Craig parker
Avid contributor

2003 MG ZT+ 1.8 TURBO

Your door locks need replacing in both passenger side doors and this can only be done by removing the door cards. The unlock solenoid on each door lock has failed. Get some from a scrapyard that are proven to work, oh and buy some new fir tree clips from eBay for when you put the door cards back on
Craig parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2012, 21:21   #5
mark120z-t

mg zt

thanks thought it might of been that had similar fault on rover 25 i had but i just took solenoids off wd 40'd them worked them a bit and they were good to go only thing that threw me abit with this is that they will lock and not open before on 25 nothing happened