Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 9th April 2019, 16:59   #321
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool 5 hours to start......................................

.................................................. . packing the model car collection away. Looks like I'll be selling half the collection off. Only stopped as my back, neck and legs were crying enough.

Will need more bubble wrap as some of the models are without boxes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1460.jpg (136.6 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1444.jpg (137.5 KB, 25 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1447.jpg (131.2 KB, 23 views)

232750. Over 3 months since I drove Banana.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2019, 10:37   #322
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

I didn't know you had bought a house Bob but then I have had other things to contend with.

That's really good news and you must be chuffed to bits.

So you are finally going to be a proper West Country Gentleman!
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th April 2019, 18:32   #323
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Day off from all...........................................

.......................................... that packing. Most of the models are packed away, just a few left including H.M.S Victory.

Answered a couple of emails from the solicitors. Nothing to worry about just general questions.
So coat on and with bus pass in hand off I went into Plymouth. Got on the first bus to come along. 2A, and off we trundled. Saw a Morris J Type van, looked original and going well.
Got off the bus in Plymouth and visited the bank, just wanted to count my money, again.

Then walked up towards the Ho, past a great sculpture of a fisherman throwing a net. As I walked up to the Ho I saw a cross embedded in the path, had the no. 3 on it. Looked like a religious cross of some sort. Will have to do a bit of research into this.
The weather was gorgeous, blue sky and warm sunshine. Out to sea there appeared a warship to be patrolling up and down. Plenty of small craft on the move.

Walked away from the direction of the Barbican. Plenty of people taking in the glorious sunshine. No wind at all, bloomin' lovely.
Looked down to the open swimming pool to see the workmen getting it ready for the summer season, cleaning the walls with a power washer.
Popped into a cafe for a cuppa and a cake. Then found my way back into town and the bus home. Actual got on the one that passes my turning, no.11. Drops me off right opposite the pub.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1483.jpg (139.7 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1485.jpg (136.1 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1493.jpg (138.1 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1497.jpg (137.8 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1494.jpg (133.8 KB, 15 views)

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 11th April 2019 at 18:33.. Reason: Spellin'
Old 11th April 2019, 19:36   #324
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool That cross......................

........................ has history. This info has come to me by a fellow ZT owner,

This small cross marks the spot of the last public execution in the city.
Derek Tait a well known local historian explains what happened.
" This marks the spot where three Royal Marines were executed by firing squad on 6 July, 1797. Their names were Lee, Coffy and Branning and they were found guilty of attempting to excite a mutiny at Stonehouse Barracks.

Ten thousand men of the Fleet and garrison were there to watch them die and most of Plymouth appeared to have turned out too. When the three men faced the firing squad and the shots were fired, Coffy and Branning fell forward, dead, into their coffins. However, Lee was not hit and had to go through the whole procedure again. The reserve firing squad lined up, took aim and fired but again Lee was untouched. Once more, they loaded up, took aim but again missed Lee. In the end, a sergeant came up behind him and shot him dead at close range. It seems odd that the firing squad missed Lee three times and perhaps there was some sympathy with him amongst the troops.
Earlier fourteen seamen had been hanged at the yardarm on their ships in the Sound.
This was to be Plymouth's last public execution".

onen hag oll
Old 13th April 2019, 12:08   #325
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool 10 months today.........................

................................................ I have been here in my little house in Saltash. That time has flown by. And now I’m packing everything away for my next move, and I cannot wait. At last I’ll have a place I can call my own. Don’t get me wrong renting is ok but I just want to put my stamp on my home.

The plus side of renting is if anything goes wrong like my boiler then it’s just a phone call to the letting agents and it gets fixed at no cost to me. So I’ve had a new boiler fitted, had a new cistern fitted and the drains unblocked, that was down to the neighbour next door and her two sons.
The downside of renting is having to ask permission to do anything. I asked about revamping the back garden. That was ok but it would be at my cost. Thought about it but decided against it.

Can I repaint the living room, yes but must be neutral colours. Can I take up the carpet, no. I like a wooden floor easier to keep clean. The carpet has been down a long time and it shows. Sort of a light tan colour, and I have to vacuum every day. In the two bedrooms it’s only underlay. Could I get some carpet laid, yes but at my cost. Got a nice rug in my bedroom and the second bedroom is only used for storage.

I’m glad I found this house though. Suits me fine. On the end of a small terrace. Pub around the corner along with the bus stop. Shop across the road along with a fish n chip takeaway. Church on the corner and at the other end of the road is the rugby club along with my local garage.
The new house is in a vehicle cul de sac. You can get through on foot. I’m the last house on the left. Nothing in front of me except the rooftops of the house further along.
In the distance is the remains of Tremanto Castle keep. The grounds have a large mansion house in, once owned by Prince Charles who used to rent it out for £8,000 a week.

I have thrown away stuff I brought down from Essex, “I’ll keep that as it might be handy, at some point”, syndrome. For a single bloke I have a lot of useless stuff. Must have nigh on 30 glasses, 16 mugs, numerous plates, more cutlery than Buck house. But only 2 armchairs plus two dinner chairs and a single bed.
But that will all change once I have moved, local charity shops are in for a treat. Plus there are clothes to be chucked. I have already got rid of 20 odd t shirts, ‘Alf a dozen pairs of trousers. No way will they ever fit me again.

So all in all I’m still loving it down here, still have no desire to return to Essex. Although I do miss my mate Bob for a beer. I suppose I miss Michael, but I’m hoping he will come down soon. That will be an experience for the locals, bless him. I miss going to the cemetery to have a chat with my Val. But I know she is here with me. I chat to her every day. Plenty of memories to keep me going.

Be glad when Banana is home, missing her. Still the Bear and Redfive keep my wallet in good health.

So, no going back......................

Thanks for reading and the kind comments.

onen hag oll
Old 14th April 2019, 18:33   #326
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

So what's the new town or village called then Bob?
Old 14th April 2019, 18:39   #327
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
So what's the new town or village called then Bob?
Staying in Saltash.

onen hag oll
Old 18th April 2019, 14:44   #328
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool 100 meters of.........................

...................................Bubble wrap was delivered today. That should help with the packing. Only cheap stuff, only cost a tenner and p&p was free as well.

Got HMS Victory packed away ok. Have now emptied 3 cupboards in the kitchen. So that’s another 2 large plastic boxes filled. Still chucking stuff away, the things we keep as they might come in ‘handy’.

Will give the Bear and Redfive a thorough clean tomorrow, no point going out as the A38 will be choc a bloc with holiday traffic. We are out Saturday evening for a surprise birthday meal for Matt’s wife Shirley. Sunday we are off to Trevaskis Farm Restaurant for our monthly breakfast meet with the Cornish MG Club. Then a wee drive out down the coast. I expect Allen n Val will take Leafy, I’ll be in Redfive. Bear went last month. The club are waiting to see Banana.

Got 4 new tyres fitted to the Bear yesterday, Allen told me about this Tyre shop in Saltash. A proper family run business. I was back this morning for them to check the torque on the bolts. They also are waiting to see Banana after the pictures I showed them.
Then as I forgot to put the rubbish out yesterday it was a trip to the tip with a black bag, empty plastic bottles along with some glass.
Then a run to A M Restorations to pay the 3rd instalment on Banana. Oh! My! She looks beautiful. Still no doors on, but boot and bonnet back on.
Cannot wait for her to come home.

Waiting on the solicitors who are waiting on the land registry about the next stage on buying the house. The money is all in one place now so that stage is now complete. Going back to the house next week to re-measure for the curtains, think I have the measurements wrong from the last visit. Any excuse to go and have another look. Might take stroll up there tomorrow morning just to be nosey, see if the vendor has put the back gate on yet.

Still no desire to back to London. Although Michael was asking me when I was coming up for a visit. Might be a mini tour coming up at the end of this month, depends if ole Yella is home.

Still not going back though......................

Many thanks for reading and the kind comments. It is much appreciated.

onen hag oll
Old 25th April 2019, 11:12   #329
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Not heard anything.....................

..................................... from the solicitors or the estate agents for awhile. Was beginning to panic. Had the deal fallen through? If so. Why hadn’t I been told? Doubts started to sink in, especially over Easter.
Should I start looking around for another property? Was I just panicking for no reason?

So this morning I went down the Street to the estate agents where the manager, Ian, assured me everything was running ok. With the Easter holidays in between there was bound to be a hold up.
He explained that after the offer was accepted my solicitors had to wait on the sellers solicitors to get in contact. Then the land registry people had to be informed along with council. Then there were searches to be done. My credit history had to be researched along with any criminal history.

Mining searches have to be done along with any history of subsidence. So much stuff going on that I never realised.
Ian then said there was generally a lull then it would all start happening so fast I’d be moved in before I could catch my breath.
Glad I asked as it has put my mind at rest.

Oh! Well, back to the packing then.

Thanks for reading.

STOP PRESS
Hold the front page.

Just had the estate agent on the phone and it appears the “lull” period is coming to an end. My solicitor has had a week off over the Easter period. All the searches have been done and there are just a few questions that my solicitor needs to discuss with me. So from next Monday the ball will be rolling again.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 25th April 2019 at 11:56.. Reason: Update
Old 25th April 2019, 18:50   #330
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
..................................... from the solicitors or the estate agents for awhile. Was beginning to panic. Had the deal fallen through? If so. Why hadn’t I been told? Doubts started to sink in, especially over Easter.
Should I start looking around for another property? Was I just panicking for no reason?

So this morning I went down the Street to the estate agents where the manager, Ian, assured me everything was running ok. With the Easter holidays in between there was bound to be a hold up.
He explained that after the offer was accepted my solicitors had to wait on the sellers solicitors to get in contact. Then the land registry people had to be informed along with council. Then there were searches to be done. My credit history had to be researched along with any criminal history.

Mining searches have to be done along with any history of subsidence. So much stuff going on that I never realised.
Ian then said there was generally a lull then it would all start happening so fast I’d be moved in before I could catch my breath.
Glad I asked as it has put my mind at rest.

Oh! Well, back to the packing then.

Thanks for reading.

STOP PRESS
Hold the front page.

Just had the estate agent on the phone and it appears the “lull” period is coming to an end. My solicitor has had a week off over the Easter period. All the searches have been done and there are just a few questions that my solicitor needs to discuss with me. So from next Monday the ball will be rolling again.
I bet you can't wait Bob.