Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd August 2019, 18:26   #181
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Well that was a worthwhile trip, a nice little run out to Winchester in the glorious sunshine.

This guy seems much more knowledgeable, such a lovely guy who actually wants to get to the bottom of my painful nuts. lol

He reckons the varicoceles and cysts could be contributing to the problem and reckons I could be getting a blockage, tubes not clearing correctly. He's already ordered me an MRI, he also wants to look for nerve related problems surrounding my abdomen, pelvis and legs.

So an MRI is the next step to see what that reveals, and then go from there. I had to travel 80 miles just to be told that, and 12 years of waiting... crazy really.

But, at least I'm another step closer to being sorted, I hope.

This is a bit like fault diagnosing a car, pipes blocked and faulty wires. lol
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2019, 11:55   #182
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Well that was a worthwhile trip, a nice little run out to Winchester in the glorious sunshine.

This guy seems much more knowledgeable, such a lovely guy who actually wants to get to the bottom of my painful nuts. lol

He reckons the varicoceles and cysts could be contributing to the problem and reckons I could be getting a blockage, tubes not clearing correctly. He's already ordered me an MRI, he also wants to look for nerve related problems surrounding my abdomen, pelvis and legs.

So an MRI is the next step to see what that reveals, and then go from there. I had to travel 80 miles just to be told that, and 12 years of waiting... crazy really.

But, at least I'm another step closer to being sorted, I hope.

This is a bit like fault diagnosing a car, pipes blocked and faulty wires. lol
A good outcome for you Wes. Next thing is the MRI and getting the final diagnosis correct. It’s been a long time coming. Hopefully it reveals something which is easily remedied and is treatable. It’s time you had an end to this suffering.

My pain killers consist of applying an ice pack to my head at night. I have the full range of pain killers here, but can’t take any medication which is going to effect my ability to drive or would come up on a random police “DIU road check”.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2019, 18:30   #183
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
A good outcome for you Wes. Next thing is the MRI and getting the final diagnosis correct. It’s been a long time coming. Hopefully it reveals something which is easily remedied and is treatable. It’s time you had an end to this suffering.

My pain killers consist of applying an ice pack to my head at night. I have the full range of pain killers here, but can’t take any medication which is going to effect my ability to drive or would come up on a random police “DIU road check”.
That is what I am hoping for Phil, this guy does seem much more clued up than the previous lot I've seen. It just means that I will be travelling to Southampton and Winchester a few more times yet, not that I mind...
Old 7th August 2019, 21:03   #184
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Had my varacosele embolised last wednesday and I now feel great!!
The OP itself was nothing, done on a local and over in less than an hour.... not even a small scar!!.
33 years of constant low level ache, solved in so little time...
Old 7th August 2019, 21:13   #185
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
The OP itself was nothing, done on a local and over in less than an hour.... not even a small scar!!.
Thats fantastic news Pete. Hopefully your post will encourage those who might seek a similar outcome if they are struggling with the pain and discomfort. Not everyone can write about such things. You have done it and had the op. Good luck to you.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2019, 21:46   #186
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
OMG! really... that is fantastic news Klarzy.

I myself have always believed my problem is caused by my varicoceles, I have told the urology team time and time again to remove mine. I was diagnosed with varicoceles in both testicles back in 2009, but they have always said they don't operate unless they are a certain size. They tell me because the operation can cause other issues, scar tissue etc. Did you get told this?

Klarzy, I have many questions for you...

Q1: Was the procedure done on the NHS?
I'm hoping for this operation to be done.

Q2: How many times did you have to keep going back to get them to listen, who did you see that agreed to do the embolism?
I have been going back and forth to the docs and the hospital for the past twelve years.

Q3: Did your varicolceles show up on a ultrasound scan, did you ever have a MRI?
My varicolceles were discovered using ultrasound, this new doc is now sending me for an MRI.

Q4: Did they say what size the varicolceles were (2mm etc)?
They've told me mine are small, they tell me they only operate when they become larger.

Q5: Did they say the varicoceles could come back?
I was told they often return.

Q6: Did the testicle ache go down your leg into your feet?
Mine starts with a dull heavy ache in the testicle and groin region, this then travels down my leg into my feet. The ache becomes unbearable through the day and turns into pain by the afternoon. I get sharp pains in testicle which travels down my leg, the rear thigh back of leg gets amazingly painful.

Q7: Did clothing (jeans trousers etc) make your condition worst?
I find certain jeans, trousers will make my condition worst.

Q:8 Did sitting down and standing for long periods make the condition worst?
I find sitting down and standing for long periods makes the condition worst.

Q9: Did laying down stop the aching?
I find when I lay down my aching and the pain will stop, normally takes an hour or two.

Q10: Where was the entry point for the incision?

Thank you so much for sharing your experience Klarzy, this means a lot and I'm sure it will help others.

Last edited by Dallas; 7th August 2019 at 21:52..
Old 7th August 2019, 21:57   #187
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Quote:
OMG! really, that is fantastic news Klarzy, I myself have always believed my problem is caused by my varicoceles, I have told the urology team time and time again to remove mine. I was diagnosed with varicoceles in both testicles back in 2009, but they have always said they don't operate unless they are a certain size. They tell me because the operation can cause other issues, scar tissue etc. Did you get told this?

Klarzy, I have many questions for you... lol

Q1: Was the procedure done on the NHS?
I'm hoping for this operation to be done.
I went private, but NHS was an option with longer wait..
Q2: How many times did you have to keep going back to get them to listen? Who did you see that agreed to do the embolism?
Varacosele was spotted 6 weeks ago on a routine ultrasound, got a referral from gp a week later, saw the consultant a few days after and booked the treatment at Adenbrooks last week.

Q3: Did your varicolceles show up on a ultrasound scan, did you ever have a MRI?
My varicolceles were discovered using ultrasound, this new doc is now sending me for an MRI.
Ultrasound... no MRI

Q4: Did they say what size the varicolceles were (2mm etc)?
They've told me mine are small, they tell me they only operate when they become larger.
6-8mm

Q5: Did they say the varicoceles could come back?
I was told they often return.
Yes

Q6: Did the testicle ache go down your leg into your feet?
Mine starts with a dull heavy ache in the testicle and groin region, this then travels down my leg into my feet. The ache becomes unbearable through the day and turns into pain by the afternoon. I get sharp pains in testicle which travels down my leg, the rear thigh back of leg gets amazingly painful.
Just groin and nut...

Q7: Did clothing (jeans trousers etc) make your condition worst?
I find certain jeans, trousers will make my condition worst.
Loose clothing was better...

Q:8 Did sitting down and standing for long periods make the condition worst?
I find sitting down and standing for long periods makes the condition worst.
Started going for 4 mile walks to lose weight... that sure aggravated it..!!
Q9: Did laying down stop the aching?
I find when I lay down my aching and the pain will stop, normally takes an hour or two.

No, but Tiffin released the pressure... (BONUS).

Q10: Where was the entry point for the incision?
Jugular vein, right side of neck, just a large bore needle under local anesthesia... catheter passed down past heart to renal vein, then right turn to gonadal vein, measurement taken and wire coil inserted to block vein which collapses over 1-3 weeks....

No scaring..

Thank you so much for sharing your experience Klarzy, this means a lot and I'm sure it will help others.
...... see above...
Old 7th August 2019, 22:20   #188
Dallas
This is my second home

Thanks for that Pete, much appreciated.

Did you have both testicles done, or just the one?

Did the ultrasound find any cysts?

It sounds like you had Percutaneous embolization, when they go through the neck. There is also 'Open surgery' when they go in through the groin area, and also 'Laparoscopic Surgery' entry via the abdomen.

Its good to hear you was offered the embolization on the NHS, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay to get the treatment privately?

6 to 8mm is large but you never got the pain and aching down your leg or into your feet. I suppose this is why my team are sending me for an MRI, this new doc I've seen did say I could have two things going on.

Loose clothing helps like you say, and YES! Tiffin most certainly helps...

Last edited by Dallas; 7th August 2019 at 22:28..
Old 7th August 2019, 23:51   #189
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Quote:
Thanks for that Pete, much appreciated.

Did you have both testicles done, or just the one?

Did the ultrasound find any cysts?

It sounds like you had Percutaneous embolization, when they go through the neck. There is also 'Open surgery' when they go in through the groin area, and also 'Laparoscopic Surgery' entry via the abdomen.

Its good to hear you was offered the embolization on the NHS, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay to get the treatment privately?

6 to 8mm is large but you never got the pain and aching down your leg or into your feet. I suppose this is why my team are sending me for an MRI, this new doc I've seen did say I could have two things going on.

Loose clothing helps like you say, and YES! Tiffin most certainly helps...
AxaPPP private insurance..... £150 Excess.... 1 side only, small cysts both sides... yours could be varacosele and tight shoes!!
Old 8th August 2019, 08:08   #190
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
AxaPPP private insurance..... £150 Excess.... 1 side only, small cysts both sides... yours could be varacosele and tight shoes!!
Was it the left side you had done Pete?

Tight shoes If only it were that simple.