Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 7th April 2019, 08:57   #11
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Yep I couldn't make head nor tail of the pigeon English instructions as how to get the maps installed on the device, the instructions bore no resemblance as to what I was seeing on my screen.
It lives in the drawer now with a mobile phone that gives me headaches lol.

The Sat-Nav in my Kia Niro isn't playing ball either! the last four times I've used it it's sent me to the wrong address despite typing in the postcodes correctly.
I'd go back to using A-Z maps but I cant read the tiny print any more.
Before I fully retired from my old firm I drove a Mazda 6 estate company car with them and we were constantly having to remove the chip and reboot it.

My old Tom Tom was/is totally reliable - and my iPhone with Google maps has never let me down.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2019, 17:14   #12
MarkS
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Diesel Tourer, called Perseverance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Is your firmware up to date on your older Sat-Nav devices? I've just been reading about a upcoming event (Weak number rollover) which will happen on the 6th April 2019 which could leave many older sat nav devices useless. I've just been in touch with the place I bought mine from as I've never updated the firmware in mine but it has been accurate, more so than the Sat-nav in my Niro .

They said it's free lifetime map updates and I just need to contact them via email for instructions!!!.....here's hoping
How can one tell if one is going to have a problem with the OEM highline satnav ?

Who is the OEM satnav guru ?
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2019, 17:49   #13
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
How can one tell if one is going to have a problem with the OEM highline satnav ?

Who is the OEM satnav guru ?

I'm not sure! I bought an up to date sat nav disc off ebay a few years ago, when it arrived it was a copy but works perfectly well.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2019, 09:41   #14
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Read this post the other day so I thought I had better see if my old Garmin Satnav I got back in 2004 and now, not often, used in my Triumph Dolomite works still. Being a tight old NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- and not wanting to pay for the upgrades its never had one so expected it not to work. But it does so its had no effect on it at all.

Could it be this is just one of those internet things that are not true, or something put about by the manufacturers to get a boost in falling Satnav sales.

Has anyone had an old Satnav fail to work since this date?
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2019, 08:04   #15
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Before I fully retired from my old firm I drove a Mazda 6 estate company car with them and we were constantly having to remove the chip and reboot it.

My old Tom Tom was/is totally reliable - and my iPhone with Google maps has never let me down.

I noticed this morning the time on the infotainment screen in the Kia was still on Winter time It's supposed to set it automatically, I went into the menu to correct it and the GPS system was unchecked so I ticked it and the time set itself correctly. I wonder if this has been the cause of the wrong addresses I've been getting lately when I've put in the correct postcode

When it went in for it's first service they did a software update to the cars computer system, I wonder if that unchecked everything

I'll try it out next time I use it.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is online now   Reply With Quote