Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 26th August 2018, 10:15   #11
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiewelch View Post
So if I said I wouldn't charge but someone offered me some money would I be expected to say no?
Of course not - don't be so daft.
Old 26th August 2018, 10:17   #12
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Jamie I have my T4 and can do everything with as you can with your VT4, it never see the light of day unless I am using it on my car, but as I stated on the thread to which the MAP is attached it is not for commercial use.

Also you have to be careful as once you are on the MAP you may well get an influx of members whom might need help, how would you cope ? you know your self you can not do everything for free, also you would need in place the aftercare if something was to go wrong.

I doubt a member whom came to your house is going to sign a disclaimer as they do at the Nano if the session was to go wrong and it can happen, what if the car got bricked.

The member would need his car to put back as it was before, sometimes a part maybe needed to sort out the problem you would need to carry that, if you were going to help them sort it out at that time, most members know that they can come to the Nano meet for health checks, and are willing to wait in fact quite a few have an health check at every meet

Stick as you are is my opinion and help out at the Nano with your VT4 in fact we could have a talk about using my full T4 at the Nano to help cover Duncan.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Old 26th August 2018, 10:24   #13
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
The club has been here before regarding T4 and the biggest issue is that what happens when something goes wrong mid session when programming. I’m not suggesting that the original poster isn’t au fait with T4 but we know the traders are and will always have some sort of back up plan
Very true Mark - have seen this when Ian's car played up and Brian had no end of hassle sorting it at the National meet at Hollycombe Steam Fair.

He left mine after the event, went to where Ian was staying and got his car going, and then drove back up to Newcastle.

He's a Legend.
Old 26th August 2018, 10:25   #14
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Jamie I have my T4 and can do everything with as you can with your VT4, it never see the light of day unless I am using it on my car, but as I stated on the thread to which the MAP is attached it is not for commercial use.

Also you have to be careful as once you are on the MAP you may well get an influx of members whom might need help, how would you cope ? you know your self you can not do everything for free, also you would need in place the aftercare if something was to go wrong.

I doubt a member whom came to your house is going to sign a disclaimer as they do at the Nano if the session was to go wrong and it can happen, what if the car got bricked.

The member would need his car to put back as it was before, sometimes a part maybe needed to sort out the problem you would need to carry that, if you were going to help them sort it out at that time, most members know that they can come to the Nano meet for health checks, and are willing to wait in fact quite a few have an health check at every meet

Stick as you are is my opinion and help out at the Nano with your VT4 in fact we could have a talk about using my full T4 at the Nano to help cover Duncan.
Hi Steve. Regarding the possible bricking of cars, that is the last thing I would want to happen. Programming things in is one thing that does always get me nervous. I always check beforehand that all VINs match, all ZCS codes match and that it can talk to every ECU beforehand. I haven't had one go wrong yet.

Would it be safest to say if I were to go on the map I could offer free health checks and that be all? That way everyone would feel comfortable that nothing is being written to the car only read? So no chance of bricking unless the car already has a fault present. Only the same as a garage plugging a code reader in.

We can have a talk about the Nano T4 next time I see you, I wouldn't have a problem assisting Duncan. The main issue with mine is the laptop running out of battery
Old 26th August 2018, 10:26   #15
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

I created the T4 map as a resource for all but have found myself getting involved in club politics because of it. I don't need the grief and have taken the map down also I will not be creating the 2nd map showing recommended places for servicing, repairs etc.

T4 Location Map
Old 26th August 2018, 10:57   #16
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post

Well explained Steve. Jamie, a number of years ago, another member offered t4 services f o. c, and it caused alit of unrest among the fee paying traders. It ended up eventually with said member being baned, You can see why there was upset caused? The traders pay quite a bit per year for their right to advertise their work or wares., so albeit unintentionally, offering 4 work free is taking business from them. Fair play to you for trying to help out though. . Arctic's post is bang on the nail

Last edited by RPWC; 26th August 2018 at 11:02..
Old 26th August 2018, 10:58   #17
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Oh dear it’s getting silly now.
Old 26th August 2018, 11:16   #18
Groundsman Willie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 1.8t

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
I created the T4 map as a resource for all but have found myself getting involved in club politics because of it. I don't need the grief and have taken the map down also I will not be creating the 2nd map showing recommended places for servicing, repairs etc.
Please reconsider, Steve. This is just a minor blip that needs clarification and in no way reflects on, nor diminishes thework that you've put into the map.
Old 26th August 2018, 11:22   #19
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

I did the map to help everyone not to start a debate about fees Dave. I feel very disappointed in this outcome, it has put me as "piggy in the middle" which I can quite happily live without.

T4 Location Map
Old 26th August 2018, 11:23   #20
Jamiewelch
Posted a thing or two

Alpina D3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Well explained Steve. Jamie, a number of years ago, another member offered t4 services f o. c, and it caused alit of unrest among the fee paying traders. It ended up eventually with said member being baned, You can see why there was upset caused? The traders pay quite a bit per year for their right to advertise their work or wares., so albeit unintentionally, offering 4 work free is taking business from them. Fair play to you for trying to help out though. . Arctic's post is bang on the nail
I can completely understand but the T4 operators on here don't just offer T4 services, they also do the mechanical side of things too (which is probably where they make most of their money to be honest).

All I was trying to do was to try and help some people out. There are things I have no clue about with the T4 things on these cars, same as the EWS, I don't have any idea on how to do things like program keys, I wouldn't pretend that I did know. But I do know how to do the main things that people are after.

And Steve, please bring the map back for everyone else to see. It is a great resource for people on here.
Closed Thread