Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd December 2011, 09:00   #16
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryDog View Post
Thanks for all the replies guys.

I know I have to spend a little on it to get it up to scratch, but I believe it is a good car.

The interior is decent, seats are a bit bobbly so I'm going I get a debobbler, door cards appear to have the normal issue which im going to look at, as well as a few other jobs. I want to sell it with the new owner not needing to do too much to it, more so make it their own so to speak.

Re the history, I'll have to check but it has alot of of invoices. It's Alexandra got egr bypass, Pcv has been done, bonnet cable mod, o rings. It's due a service in 5k miles which would be done early before I sell (oil, filters). A/c will be regassed too.

Not sure what else I can say about the car really. It would be sad to see it go but needs possibly must!

It's a 2003 52 reg, hpi clear, tax til end July, mot til may.

It's a zt+ cdti on log book. First registered 14/01/2003. It has xpower stickers on the b pillar and when checked by MarinaBrian, it looked like it was xpowered on 19/01/2003.

It's averaged 45.39mpg over the last 3603 miles.
I know this'll bring the haters out, but you have asked for opinions, so here's mine.

Once car's get over 100,000 miles, despite us both knowing that there's probably another 150,000 miles life in the car before any major expense, it does put off a LOT of buyers.

With it being a buyers market at the moment, buyers can afford to be choosy, so if they are looking for something over 100,000 miles, it will either need to be;

A) Cheap

or

B) Be immaculate with full history.

Now I'm not doubting that the car does look nice in the pictures, however with CAP Dealer Retail at this mileage being only £1,995, to expect to get this in a private sale in the current economic climate, I think is unrealistic.

I would think in the current market place, the car will make around £1,050-£1,100.

The only way to truly find out what a car is worth, is to put it on a 10 day auction with a 99p start with no reserve, but I doubt very much that it would be very different to the figure I have mentioned.

Do you have to sell the car 1st to fund the next one, or are you in the lucky postion that you can buy a car of the spec that you are looking for 1st and then sell yours afterwards?
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote