Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th October 2008, 11:57   #31
bad-head-day
Loves to post

Citroen C4 Loeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messenger View Post

Definitely one for a caption competiton!
"Is that automatic"
bad-head-day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 12:04   #32
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

So let me get this right,

The Wedgewood Blue 75 at Gaydon with the VIN number ending in 100001 is officially the 1st completed mass production car off the Cowley line for sale to the general public, and that any other 75's with a VIN number less than that are therefore pre-production press/publicity/test bench vehicles?

If that's correct, then my 1st 75, a Connoisseur SE in Copperleaf Red was indeed very old !!!

It's Reg: T385 JOP states that it was registered on 02/04/1999, but the VIN number for my car was: 001598 !!!! (surely an 'S' reg candidate if ever there was one)

That would explain why my Conn SE had all the correct spec including electric front seats, but no driver's memory function (normally the spec for the non SE Connoisseur) a pre-production model then !?!

Moreover, the car that I almost bought from SMC Rover in Slough at the time was this one:

I don't know what it's VIN number was, but it has an earlier reg than the Red one I ended up getting.

Both cars had one previous registered keeper.....MG Rover Group.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 13:04   #33
microcat36
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.5 V6 connoisseur

The Blue Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur, S750LJW used in the original road test in Autocar 3/2/1999, with the BMW323i and the Alfa 156 is still on the road, tax is due 3/2009, first reg 22/12/1998, it would be some car as it had every option in the book on it.

microcat36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 16:37   #34
sydneymj
Loves to post

Member of the Copperleaf/Aubergine Leather Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
So let me get this right,

The Wedgewood Blue 75 at Gaydon with the VIN number ending in 100001 is officially the 1st completed mass production car off the Cowley line for sale to the general public, and that any other 75's with a VIN number less than that are therefore pre-production press/publicity/test bench vehicles?

If that's correct, then my 1st 75, a Connoisseur SE in Copperleaf Red was indeed very old !!!

It's Reg: T385 JOP states that it was registered on 02/04/1999, but the VIN number for my car was: 001598 !!!! (surely an 'S' reg candidate if ever there was one)

That would explain why my Conn SE had all the correct spec including electric front seats, but no driver's memory function (normally the spec for the non SE Connoisseur) a pre-production model then !?!

Moreover, the car that I almost bought from SMC Rover in Slough at the time was this one:

I don't know what it's VIN number was, but it has an earlier reg than the Red one I ended up getting.

Both cars had one previous registered keeper.....MG Rover Group.
All the dealer launch stock demos were Rover 75 2.5 V6's were standard Connoissuers not SE versions but all were in Wedgwood Blue, Neptune Blue Leather, 17" Serpents, Electric Sunroofs etc

Off_assembly_date Thursday, 10th March 2005 @ 11:46:02
Exterior Paint Ski Blue
Interior_Trim Sandstone Leather (Black Piping)

Was the 27,180th 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
Was the 658th 75 Tourer 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE to be made out of 662
Vehicle was the 166th 75 Tourer in Ski Blue (code: JHI) to be made out of 189 Ski Blue 75 Tourers
sydneymj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 16:37   #35
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Not an S Reg, but this T reg has a VIN of 105074

Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 17:03   #36
martin green
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 TOURER CDT 2002 & 2000 PRIMROSE YELLOW 75 SE

Default S Reg Rover 75's

Earlier in this thread there is a advert in which the s reg which still for sale is a pre-launch rover 75 with all the naughts and then a chassis number here is the article again and this is still for sale>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

THIS ADVERT IS STILL LIVE...Just checked with the owner chassis number is pre-launch 001157 prior to the 100001 built one at Gaydon.

14000 Miles from brand new with every toy on board. The car is a January 1999 build, however the DVLA registered it in 2001. The car though is still a s reg due to the build date.

Every conceivable toy on board so heres the first S reg found and the oldest i would say still on the road. I checked with the photgraphs suppied earlier in this blog and all but one are off the road tax listings(aka not taxed) However the white one S525 OVP is taxed to 2009.

I wonder if we can track any more S regs down. The only other question is will this car get clobbered next year on the new tax for cars or will it escape under the 2001 limit??????? due to its build date??????
martin green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 18:21   #37
Departed
Retired

--

Came to this thread to mention seeing a copperleaf TxxxJOP on my way home, and what do you know, another here already.

Some early cars were registered and run by selected Rover managers, prior to going on sale. I remember these were TxxxJOP so would be some of the earliest cars. My boss had a Wedgewood one, and I'd had the insides out of it to fit some extra toys before the car was a week old. Anyone with a TxxxJOP in Wedgewood, it's worth checking. You might have the remnants of a factory fit integrated phone!!
Departed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 20:06   #38
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesP View Post
Hello Reebs

Did you download the video from the Web?

James
Hi James, no, I didn't, It's from a set of four VHS videos that were produced by the Rover Technical Academy to give dealers & technicians an overview of the new 75 range.

Each tape lasts about 30 mins, and deals with specific aspects of the car:

Tape 1 = An Introduction

Tape 2 = Petrol & Diesel Engines

Tape 3 = Electrical Systems

Tape 4 = Satellite Navigation

They are quite informative, although don't contain any earth shattering secrets we all don't already know, but lots of nice views of the car in different situations.

I sourced them mainly from ebay & local Ex-MG Rover dealerships, and have now compiled them all onto a single DVD for easy access.

Last edited by Reebs; 8th October 2008 at 09:28..
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 20:19   #39
Departed
Retired

--

I recognise the building in some of the pictures. It's the technical academy itself at Gaydon. Hardly surprising really, but it's a few years since I've been there.
Departed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2008, 22:11   #40
JamesP
Loves to post

Rover 75 ConnSE CDTi 131 Starlight Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin green View Post
No mate, my mate "is now" (got the number) phoning this gent for a collection of this rover 75 car.. PS though thanks for the assistance, if you see any more and inform us then i will dump my search engine and employ your services.
Did he buy it ?
JamesP is offline   Reply With Quote