Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Was it you?
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 19th March 2007, 13:33   #1
Jamie
Posted a thing or two

In Limbo

Default Was it you???? midlands convoy?

Innocently made my way down the M5 yesterday when these nut cases in 6 other MG ZTs and Rover 75s started following me!! whichever way I turned they followed......then to add insult to injury...some bloke in front of me driving a black ZT V8 wouldnt get out of my way! I tried my horn but it just made a tiny peeping sound.

If you were part of the convoy....who are you and which car were you in? sorry about the appaling memory....

I was in the Silver (nice colour!) ZT-T behind Keith.....also Bernard...which car were you in and did you catch up in the end??

Jamie
Old 19th March 2007, 13:43   #2
Tom Collins
Posted a thing or two

Mondeo 2.0 cdti Ghia Auto

I was making good time yesterday, on my way to meet some people at Strensham motorway services, when i got stuck behind an MG Tourer, tried to get by him, but to no avail, he seemed to be in league with another guy in front. To add insult to injury, this Tourer was SILVER.
Old 19th March 2007, 13:50   #3
Jamie
Posted a thing or two

In Limbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by collit View Post
I was making good time yesterday, on my way to meet some people at Strensham motorway services, when i got stuck behind an MG Tourer, tried to get by him, but to no avail, he seemed to be in league with another guy in front. To add insult to injury, this Tourer was SILVER.
Ahhhh...... Silver......that was my mothers name.
Old 19th March 2007, 18:51   #4
Simon
Banned

-

I was the nutter in the Red Zed, causing havoc.....

(Must say the eegit in the Ford Ka who pulled out in front of me into the middle lane for no apparent reason thus causing me to unleash the KV6 was a bit shocked to find that several more ZT's and 75's did the same.... )
Old 19th March 2007, 19:57   #5
Bernard LPG
I really should get out more.......

75 V6 Saloon 2003 LPG MGZT V8 260 LPG

We got delayed before the M5 and despite probably breaking the speed limit just a little, we never caught up. Didn't do my fuel consumption much good though, thankfully LPG.
Old 27th March 2007, 23:07   #6
The Yellow Peril
Posted a thing or two

Primrose Yellow 75 V6 Conn SE

Default Convoy

Wendy & I were the convoys rear gunners, trying to anticipate when the rest of you in front were going to overtake so that we could pull out early and block the lane preventing none quality car drivers from slipping in between us. I must say driving at the back was a bit like being the last dancer on the end of the chorous line, whilst the leader may have been cruising at a steady 70, the "catapillar" effect came into play and I found that I was either accelerating to catch up or breaking to avoid piling into the back of the 75T in front. Favorite moment, following the rest of you around a very tight bend on a B road at nearly sixty without breaking - gave the missus the shrieks!! Worth it just for that.

Cheers

(Big) AndyG
Old 28th March 2007, 08:07   #7
Tom Collins
Posted a thing or two

Andy, at least you were easy for us to spot in the rear view mirror, so as not to leave you behind. :lol:
I too remember that left hander, the car in front of me didn't brake, so neither did I. Much faster and I may have had to change my trousers.
Old 28th March 2007, 12:23   #8
Jamie
Posted a thing or two

In Limbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by collit View Post
Andy, at least you were easy for us to spot in the rear view mirror, so as not to leave you behind. :lol:
I too remember that left hander, the car in front of me didn't brake, so neither did I. Much faster and I may have had to change my trousers.
I too fell for Keiths wicked trick to lead us all to our doom at breakneck speed around an incredibly tight bend.....thank god it wasnt raining!

Ah well we all survived to see the next Convoy....

Last edited by Jamie; 28th March 2007 at 14:12..
Old 28th March 2007, 14:10   #9
Simon
Banned

-

That left-hander.... I could see both Keith and Jamie went at it like there was no tomorrow.... I didn't break either knowing I could make it... Was it you Collit behind me or someone else at that point? Either way... whoever it was quickly disappeared out of my rear-view mirror....
Old 28th March 2007, 14:17   #10
Tom Collins
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon D View Post
That left-hander.... I could see both Keith and Jamie went at it like there was no tomorrow.... I didn't break either knowing I could make it... Was it you Collit behind me or someone else at that point? Either way... whoever it was quickly disappeared out of my rear-view mirror....
I think the corner in question was after the garage pee stop, in which case it was Timbop6 who was in front of me, and behind you.
Closed Thread