Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th October 2017, 05:49   #7291
deltic08
Avid contributor

52 ZT 190 Solar Red. 54 ZT 190 SE Ignition Blue. 54 ZT 190 SE Rio Red. 05 ZT 1.8T Aurora

stage two of rear off side wheel arch clean and paint. Took out the wheelarch cover and found what looks like a plastic grommet at the end of the sill box. Remarkably clean and very pale blue whereas the rest is Ignition blue. Is this access to the inside of the sill for waxoyling?
I also had better access to the top of the damper and the hole the fuel pipe disappears through. This was full of hard silt but eventually was able to pass a screwdriver along. Where do these pipes go to and how far?
I will have to squirt some Dynax along here to avoid corrosion but again how far?.

Last edited by deltic08; 7th October 2017 at 05:55..
deltic08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 13:49   #7292
CimmaronG
Gets stuck in

Roverless at present :-(

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Hi Nigel. I think you will find the same on the other side. When I bought mine, i hade the covers of and found some, not a lot but luckily no rust and quite clean when cleaned off. So every other year I do the rounds again. When cleaned and dry, I lash Waxoyle in there. Up until this year, nowt going on in there.
I believe you may be right, and as said once cleaned up no rust.
Left the production line 08:07:14hrs on 01/07/2004

'Best to have it and not need it, than need it and not have it'
CimmaronG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 13:52   #7293
spongeh
Loves to post

MG ZT-T+ 180 Sport Auto

Well thats been a busy and productive morning.

1. Fitted new springs on the back of the tourer - I used E46 Tourer Diesel springs and while they looked slightly shorter than the rover version they also felt stiffer. I worked on the assumption that if some people use the E46 springs to lower their cars then the standard springs shouldn't be too far off and as they were £36 delivered for the pair I could afford to take the chance

2. Adjusted the Handbrake

3. Started the Cruise control install

4. Fitted a message center IPK and enabled the digital speedo

The last job was not easy, but I'm happy with the result. I went down the desolder and migrate the 93S56 EEPROM from my non message center dash and move it to the new one. Even with years of experience I still managed to get the soldering wrong and the first time I connected up the dash it just asked me what language I wanted to configure the IPK in, so back to the garage and I retouched all the legs on the chip to make sure they were all connected. Took the IPK back out to the car and this time it all connected up OK, but I had no displays (message center or mileage), so back out and as I was sure it was soldered correctly I checked each connection with the multi meter. Everything checked out fine, so I thought best get it in the car and see if I can get TOAF to communicate with the chip... which it did first time RESULT! Using TOAF I enabled the trip computer, trip display and digital speedo and boom it all started working
spongeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 18:46   #7294
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

After a bit of a rattle when reversing out of a parking space near York, which I thought at the time sounded like a loose rear shoe on the near side, made it back down Sarf without incident.

Whipped the disc off today and lo and behold found the backplate had rusted through and the retaining pin had come adrift.

Stainless 5mm threaded bolt with a couple of lock nuts and washers and a spring from the box of old bits and it will do for now.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2017, 19:40   #7295
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
After a bit of a rattle when reversing out of a parking space near York, which I thought at the time sounded like a loose rear shoe on the near side, made it back down Sarf without incident.

Whipped the disc off today and lo and behold found the backplate had rusted through and the retaining pin had come adrift.

Stainless 5mm threaded bolt with a couple of lock nuts and washers and a spring from the box of old bits and it will do for now.
It'll probably do permanently Mike

I had to do this four years ago on the old ZT, and the M5 coach bolts with nyloc nuts and washers are still working perfectly to this day

My jobs for today were multiple, first one was to fit the caliper I rebuilt using a E36 BMW seal kit, followed by thermostat replacement, PCV filter, air filter, fuel filter, replace the Pierburg MAF with a Bosch one, and remove tuning box thingy.

I then did the pollen filter and a 160 upgrade

I'm leaving the oil and filter change for a trip south early next week, so I can tie it in with an ATF change

Lightning Mark knocked on the door, and I quickly coded in a message centre IPK for him.

After a quick test drive, I now have a car that runs at 88 degrees, a working heater, and quick, but smooth without the plumes of black smoke it had before

Teatime was decided as a Chinese takeaway, however enroute I went to the rescue of RPWC's poorly tourer, a knacked ECM, so that's a job for tomorrow

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2017, 01:25   #7296
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithst24 View Post
Fitted my new engine bay bits.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That is very nice!
Old 8th October 2017, 09:01   #7297
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Looked at it sat abandoned in the corner of the yard at work and thought ‘I really must do something with it’

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2017, 19:06   #7298
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Changed my front brake pads and fitted the coil spring protectors that I bought 18 months ago........
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2017, 20:20   #7299
tourer82
Regular poster

ZT 190 SE

Default Did the easiest oil change ever

Got an oil suction pump from Lidl for £12.99 in the week so changed my oil today. No crawling under the car, no dripping tar black oil on me or the road. Result!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2017-10-08 21.16.32.jpg (16.2 KB, 24 views)
tourer82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2017, 20:55   #7300
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tourer82 View Post
Got an oil suction pump from Lidl for £12.99 in the week so changed my oil today. No crawling under the car, no dripping tar black oil on me or the road. Result!!
Shame about the gunge in the bottom of the sump that won't come up through the dipstick tube though

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote