Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 23rd August 2018, 20:06   #11
spillybert
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi

Default Autobox

Hi guys would this work with auto box thanks
spillybert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd August 2018, 22:07   #12
zedhed
Posted a thing or two

zt saloon turbo

Already got mine in the shed which i made a while back,so anyone local wants to lend it,just give us a shout😉

Sent from my LG-M160 using Tapatalk
zedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2018, 22:43   #13
MGJohn
This is my second home

Various MGs and Rovers

Thanked 1,639 Times in 1,126 Posts
Cool Thanks to the OP for that video ~ Very Helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin james View Post
Yes, it is very easy lifting the gearbox back up and realigning it, and i found that you dont need to remove the driveshafts from the hubs, just pull them out of the gearbox (forgot to mention on the video to remove the gearbox oil just before this operation ) and the plate on the subframe also makes lifting and aligning that, easy. With no one to assist me, i had put this job off for quite a while,which gave me time to think,( there is usually an answer) IT IS EASY THIS WAY, and would probably work on other cars/engines. colin james
Hi Colin,

I am currently renewing the CSC ( Clutch Slave ) at a pace my 76+ year old bones and muscles allow... and the weather can be relied on to delay things further the last week or so.

X-Posted from my other threads. :~

======

Needed to make this DIY Tool up prior to lowering and then raising the Gearbox on the MG ZT-T 1.8T needing Slave Cylinder Renewal.

Threat of rain today so worked indoors and used the time productively.

I fashioned something like this about twenty years ago when first removing a PG1 Gearbox from an MG Montego. However, that makeshift job long gone and this is as they say... a proper job.

First a close up of the business end.

This image shows the two main components of the assembly. A length of stout strong 4 be 2 and the threaded rod.

Looking out of the window now at 18.52 hrs, the skies are clear and there's a beautiful 1/2 moon low in the Southern Sky. I hope those clear sky conditions are still there tomorrow. I can then tackle lowering the Gearbox ready to remove and fit the CSC ~ Concentric Slave Cylinder.

There is a vast amount of parts needing removal to access the CSC on these cars. The last clutch job I did on a ZT-T 1.8T was far easier as I was doing an engine swap at the same time.

SECOND THOUGHTS:~

If I ever need to renew another 1.8 75/ZT Clutch and/or Slave, I will remove the engine to access inside the Bell Housing. Far less work and much less time spent under the car. I hate working under cars at the best of times. Unless I have access to a pro-spec high lift two or four post hoist ramp set up.

EDIT TO ADD @ 23:15

Here's one I did earlier ...

It has to be made to make sense... with emphasis on MADE in GB

Last edited by MGJohn; 16th October 2018 at 23:15..
MGJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2019, 20:41   #14
MGJohn
This is my second home

Various MGs and Rovers

Thanked 1,639 Times in 1,126 Posts
Default UPDATE on my CSC JOB

Closing on 2,000 miles since I renewed the CSC ( Concentric Slave Cylinder ) on my MG ZT-T 1.8T.

I used an ebay CSC which was half the price of the Luk one I bought previously which did not last more than 4,000 miles. That Luk never had the nice pedal travel or "feel" the car has now with the inexpensive CSC which looked almost identical in all respects.

Hope I have not spoken too soon...

It has to be made to make sense... with emphasis on MADE in GB
MGJohn is offline   Reply With Quote