Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th November 2014, 19:30   #1
trimani
Passed Away

ROVER 75 V6 2Ltr 2001 AUTO / EMERALD MOTORBILITY SCOOTER

Default 20 amp supply

I have an Alpine MRP-F240 Amplifier for my Navall 2
No mention of power requirement in manual (just 12v), no amperage, but I believe it's 20 amp, and can come directly from battery.
I do not have 'traction Control' fitted to the car, which means I have a spare 20 amp supply in passenger fuse box. Can I use a 20 amp piggy back fuse from there, to save trying to find a way through bulkhead, or will be a 'Noisey' feed
trimani

Last edited by trimani; 16th November 2014 at 21:04..
trimani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2014, 20:57   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

I would strongly advise connecting straight to the battery, Alf. The benefit will be a 'cleaner' feed. Whilst it is unlikely, you could pick up interference from other items in the fuse box. There is a blanking grommit on the bulkhead, that feeds directly into the cabin just above the pedals. Poke a hole through it, and feed the cable through. This believe it or not is an easier method of getting live feed into the cabin, than scrabbling upside down in the fuse box.

Incidentally, from what I have read, the fuse rating is 30A for the F250 page 7

Last edited by clf; 16th November 2014 at 21:01..
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2014, 21:00   #3
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

this is the blanking grommit, and it feeds straight through to one below the wiper motor
Old 16th November 2014, 21:07   #4
trimani
Passed Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I would strongly advise connecting straight to the battery, Alf. The benefit will be a 'cleaner' feed. Whilst it is unlikely, you could pick up interference from other items in the fuse box. There is a blanking grommit on the bulkhead, that feeds directly into the cabin just above the pedals. Poke a hole through it, and feed the cable through. This believe it or not is an easier method of getting live feed into the cabin, than scrabbling upside down in the fuse box.

Incidentally, from what I have read, the fuse rating is 30A for the F250 page 7
[QUOTE=clf;1842532]

this is the blanking grommit, and it feeds straight through to one below the wiper motor[/

Thanks very much CLF. That's great information. Thanks for the 'piccie', now I don't have to hunt.
Trimani
Old 16th November 2014, 21:43   #5
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

I should add too, you will need to remove the cover above the pedals, there are only three screws if I recall, a plastic one against the bulkhead, and two other screws attching it to the cowling. You should be able to pass the cable over above the pedals, and across behind the centre console towards the glovebox. If you remove the stereo and your ATC unit when you feed the cable, it will be so much easier to reach in for it.
Old 16th November 2014, 23:19   #6
trimani
Passed Away

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I should add too, you will need to remove the cover above the pedals, there are only three screws if I recall, a plastic one against the bulkhead, and two other screws attching it to the cowling. You should be able to pass the cable over above the pedals, and across behind the centre console towards the glovebox. If you remove the stereo and your ATC unit when you feed the cable, it will be so much easier to reach in for it.
Thanks for that Alan.
I'm an 'auto' so only one pedal to avoid.
Cheers
trimani (alf)