Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: East Anglia
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 29th November 2011, 09:12   #181
davidcarp
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Classic CDT SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Many thankyou's to Ady for posting my pictures.
There is some more on .org and on my page on Facebook.
Great pictures Rob
Old 29th November 2011, 15:24   #182
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godders 75 View Post
Thanks Lewis for organising today, and well done everyone for turning up, we really enjoyed spending quality time with some really friendly people. Everyone has their own story dont they like 'suffolk boys' MG with an identity crises, and 'Woodys' paintwork without a spec of dust on it literally, and the 'frightening Banana' would anyone else have the guts to drive it, not me, oh and Wramond i hope all the full stops and commas are all in the right place, what am i saying. and Dave thanks for the coffee and the story about the 6ft female KGB agent and the strip search
Hope to see everyone soon
Mags & Gary
for those who think my car has indentiy crisis the only reason its sitting on unions is the ultra rare 17"s it normally rides on had a slight problem.and it has taken me nearly 9 months to scource a replacment which will be on during the summmer.it has chrome trims due a broken rear trim and paint loss .and as for the walnut this was available as a factory option on the mg
Old 29th November 2011, 17:03   #183
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Some great stories and photos - Warms the heart, for those of us who could not make it. Many thanks and thanks to Lewis for setting it up.

Phil
Old 30th November 2011, 08:59   #184
DGOODY13
Regular poster

ROVER 75 TOURER CONNY SE CDTTI

Default The w8it for your food longer diner

Great day with great people good conversation and some fantastic cars love the Banana and the red one (sorry cant remember whos it was) , shame about the food taking so long but at least we had some laughs at the table whilst we waited.Looking forward to seeing you all again next year lets hope that the next venue can deliver the food on time and just before i go thanks to lewis for organising the venue.PS wasnt it good to see that we had more cars on display than the other 2 car clubs
Old 30th November 2011, 11:24   #185
Jake
Banned

2004 75 Contemporary SE Tourer, 2005 (55) Pearl Black Conn. SE Tourer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk boy View Post
for those who think my car has indentiy crisis the only reason its sitting on unions is the ultra rare 17"s it normally rides on had a slight problem.and it has taken me nearly 9 months to scource a replacment which will be on during the summmer.it has chrome trims due a broken rear trim and paint loss .and as for the walnut this was available as a factory option on the mg
Don't worry Phil, some people don't appreciate that some times practicality has to take priortiy over Vanity.

As it is fair to say that I know you well, I stand by what I say in that your motor is far by one of the most pampered in the club, having wanted for nothing regardless of cost and is one of the few cars owned by people on here i'd ever consider buying.

Wait till the summer, get your export specs on (when the roads are salt free and there's little chance of bad weather and show them how wrong they are. (Some may even get a little jealous that your wheels are worth more than some peoples cars, going off of ebay prices!)

Chin up mate,

Jake
Old 30th November 2011, 16:25   #186
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Hi all,
Hope everyone's recovered from a great meet.
Looking forward to the next one ( Maningtree Lewis? )
I think Godders 75's post may have been misconstrued a bit as I'm sure it wasn't intended to offend anyone.
All the cars at the meet were a credit to their owners and their commitment to keeping these fine automobiles on the road.
These cars mean a lot to us all as we put so much into them. As was said earlier, look how many of us were there compared to the other car groups!
Look forward to seeing you all soon.

Last edited by coolcat; 30th November 2011 at 16:28..
Old 30th November 2011, 16:52   #187
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

that is as maybe i have a whole list of things i am not keen on but i keep them to myself. i dont like the wheels on it at the moment and i no its wrong but they are on there as a short term measure only what people are suggesting i drive with a buckled rim ! any way thats enough from me nice to meet you all again.see some of you at the national by which time the ztt will look like the norm
Old 30th November 2011, 17:12   #188
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Well Sir,
I can only say I only wish my bodywork was as sorted as yours ( Ohh err ) and it looked great to me. Still miss my x power grey Zt!
Just trying to keep the Status quo so to speak.
Was indeed good to catch up, just a shame we couldn't all get indoors for a good chat in the warm.
My Misses was freezing and stayed in the car for the most part keeping warm. Didn't dare leave her for long!!
Old 30th November 2011, 17:19   #189
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

i cheated with the just washed look.it had just been cleaned nxt door
Old 30th November 2011, 18:47   #190
Godders 75
Loves to post

Rover 75 diesel auto Tourer odessey blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk boy View Post
Sorry mate, only joking, no offence meant.
Gary