Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: East Anglia
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th September 2011, 19:15   #11
ramdonice
Avid contributor

had a great day and was nice to see you all

ramdonice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2011, 19:50   #12
bigrob73
Avid contributor

Kia Cee'd 3

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gone but Never Forgotten
bigrob73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2011, 20:29   #13
Godders 75
Loves to post

Rover 75 diesel auto Tourer odessey blue

Hi Folks
Well what a day, days like this really lift your spirits when you hear so much doom and gloom. Mr Goody hope all goes well with your prize, do we call you 'the swirlmaker' from now on great to finally catch up with Steve (whitevanman) wife and littlun. nice to meet Jay, sorry i bottled the duet, and you Freddie, lovely car, Petertourer discussing the positive merits of owning a 1.8, Big Boy who couldn't find the bullits Wramond who's recently signed a new sponsership deal with Kangol, and everybody else who we met and chated with, and a big thanks to the leadership, what a great club we have
Old 18th September 2011, 21:28   #14
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Thanks to all concerned for a great day. All good people, all good weather, lovely cars. Thanks Dave for plumbing the depths of my plenum and your hospitality. Looking forward now to the next.

I even won a raffle prize! Although my gratitude knows no bounds, I fear the prize will be wasted on me. It's Corel Digital Studio Photo Video Music Burn Share Thingy. I presume that must mean something to someone. If anyone who bought a raffle ticket and didn't win a prize, pm your address to me and I'll send it to you post free.
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2011, 23:13   #15
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

What a fantastic day! Failed to meet you all, having to be on duty But to all the new faces, and old, thank you for attending, and I must say what a welcome we received You "locals" were a pleasure to meet for the first time, I hope that you can make other National Meets

Some amazing coindences with a member of the museum support team joining on the spot And another couple who joined on the day, after only coming to visit the museum. Welcome to you all and thank you for joining the line up

Worth the journey from West Wales to the furthest point East of the UK The expressions of support for the Club was overwhelming, and it makes our (the Team's) efforts all worthwhile

Thank you all.....

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2011, 23:40   #16
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Left Flixton at 1725 today, arrived home 233 miles later including a stop for a bite to eat at 2150 - knew there was a reason I'd got a V8, mind you I think the mpg has suffered .

Got to be the best meet todate, pleasant meal last night at the Travelodge with Reebs, Parker, Dragrad, Actros & co, a great turn out today at Flixton and the weather was kind to us except for when the heavens opened around 3.00pm.

Kept trying to take photo's but kept getting waylaid by somebody or other so only managed to take 14 and 4 of them were whilst the rain was falling, I have managed to record about 20 minutes of video which I'll edit asap and post the link soonest.

It was nice to be approached by Bill with the ailing 260 he's owned for five weeks for advice. He isn't a member of either this forum or the Two-Sixties and had just come for a day out with his good lady to the venue. He sought me out as my V8's bonnet was open, he'd spotted the mustang engine and started asking questions about the problem with the heater output on his car. I'd had exactly the same problem with mine earlier on in the year and was able to advise what he needs to do to resolve the issue. It's nice when you can do that, it's what this club and forum is all about. He also really appreciated when we suggested he bring his car on site rather than leaving it on the carpark. He then went on to have a long chat with Peter (Harrygsi), he again sought me out before he left - you know I think we all made his day.

I'm hoping that both this club and the Two-Sixties will soon have a new member.
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 06:20   #17
stevesav
Gets stuck in

rover 75 1.8T Classic

Well, it was my first meet (def not my last) & had a realy good time, was great to meet new people & also to see some well loved & looked after cars. Have attached a few pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC_0025.jpg (140.5 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0011.jpg (136.5 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0033.jpg (139.3 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0040.jpg (139.7 KB, 36 views)
File Type: jpg DSC_0037.jpg (144.4 KB, 35 views)
Old 19th September 2011, 07:14   #18
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts
Default Thanks Folks!

Thanks folks making me feel welcome and at ease for my first national meeting, put faces to names. It really was a lovely day and great to see so many fine motors all gleaming with pride as though they had just been driven out of the showroom.

Thanks to Beejay (Barry) who spotted the front bumper had dropped on the S reg and to Rabett Rover (Lewis) who helped me to lift it back on, secure it and reattach the underside curtain with his box of tricks! What a great club this is.

Thanks to the Aviation museum for providing such a wonderful venue

I could not believe it when my raffle ticket came up for the 3rd time , so I passed it over for lady luck to smile sweetly on someone else

Phil
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 09:13   #19
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

photos to follow uploading now to photo bucket for a second time as it failed ....AND AGAIN TRYING ANOTHER WAY

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible

Last edited by starbug2; 19th September 2011 at 10:32..
starbug2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 09:27   #20
woody804
Gets stuck in

75 Saloon

Smile

I past you on the A12 yesterday (i was in the silver 75) afternoon Gary, lovely Tourer by the way!
Paul
woody804 is offline   Reply With Quote