Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 9th May 2019, 01:03   #7
Mgaz
Gets stuck in

MG ZT190, MG ZS TD, MGF VVC, R200 TD bubble, Austin A35

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
It's a while since I was involved in Advanced training but the first thing we'd discuss is Information - receiving it through vision/hearing and giving it through indicators/brake lights etc. (The rest was Position, Speed, Gear, Acceleration "IPSGA").

So, if there's no one around to "give" the information to then using say, an indication when there's no one there was classed as a failure to receive (and process) information correctly. i.e acting by rote rather than by the situation. This point was agreed by a Police Examiner and would lose a candidate marks on their assessment.

Conversely failing to indicate when the was someone around to see it was similarly a failure to receive (and process) information and would lose a candidate marks on their assessment.

Serious concentration and skill these Police drivers/riders .

Andy

I was at a busy cross roads that I have to cross on my way to and from work.

There was a young driver in a first car waiting for the all clear on the other side.

I wanted to go straight over so I was not indicating. Also the young driver on the other side was also not indicating.

My assumption therefore was that he also intended to go straight over as well.

I was wrong. I started to move forwards once the road was clear, and to my suprise, the young lad turned his right and went right in front of me!

We both stamped on the brakes and I let him get out of my way.

Now this may be down to inexperience , but if driving instructors are telling new drivers not to signal when leaving and entering junctions if there are no other cars about, then they aren't getting in the habit of using it when they DO need to use it.

Indecating always is a good habit to have imo. And we very well could have had an accident on that cross roads but luckily we did not.

My girlfriend is currently learning to drive and sometimes I really wonder what her instructor is teaching her.

She sits at the round about with one foot on the clutch and one on the foot brake and two hands on the wheel.

And when I tell her she should have one hand on the handbrake instead of the foot brake, she tells me that's how she's been taught.

And my honest opinion, her driving is messy when she does not use the handbrake, and risks the car rolling back as she comes off the foot brake and on to the gas.

But when she does it the way I was taught by my dad, it's almost perfect.

Go figure.

And I've also noticed an increase in awful hill starts by drivers these days with many cars rolling back before moving off. And I'm beginning to understand why. Lol

They just arent used to using the handbrake often enough!
^Be kind, Subscribe^ (MGR videos )

Last edited by Mgaz; 9th May 2019 at 01:08..
Mgaz is offline   Reply With Quote