Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th May 2017, 15:58   #11
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Does your unit have an auxiliary port Rob? if so try that, you will need a standard mini jack lead, and whatever the other end is, depending on iPod. This is how I use my iPod, but don't have the NAvall radio.

Last edited by RPWC; 15th May 2017 at 16:04..
RPWC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 16:12   #12
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Does your unit have an auxiliary port Rob? if so try that, you will need a standard mini jack lead, and whatever the other end is, depending on iPod. This is how I use my iPod, but don't have the NAvall radio.

Hi Richard,

The Navall units do have RCA aux audio inputs on the back that would work for the sound but you will have no control interface over the device that is plugged in.

The units have a dedicated iPod app that allows (should) control of your music stored on the device .

Hopefully there will be an update along shortly to rectify the problem

Last edited by coolcat; 15th May 2017 at 16:18..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 16:22   #13
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor View Post
Ok Stuart many thanks , I have seen and read the dedicated thread now which I was not aware of as I dont have one of these units myself, but there seems lots of unresolved issues, surely they should be thoroughly tested before release so they work out of the box as you would expect from any new product ?
nah - people like fiddling apparently

You are right, for the money every advertised feature should just work.
Save
Save

Last edited by mystabe; 15th May 2017 at 16:27..
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2017, 16:28   #14
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
nah - people like fiddling apparently

You are right, for the money every advertised feature should just work.
Would be nice but then most things of this nature do have niggles.

These companies don't have the massive resources to beta test products in quite the same way as big draw companies such as Apple, Samsung, Sony etc.........even these companies have to send out updates etc from time to time.

Samsung even had to recall and scrap a complete range of phones that could self combust

I know it's a pain but there will hopefully be a solution very soon.
Old 15th May 2017, 16:52   #15
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post

These companies don't have the massive resources to beta test products in quite the same way as big draw companies such as Apple, Samsung, Sony etc.........even these companies have to send out updates etc from time to time.

Samsung even had to recall and scrap a complete range of phones that could self combust

I know it's a pain but there will hopefully be a solution very soon.
I know you do your best and can help solve most things - they should 'just work' as advertised for the price though shouldn't they? If you try and get clever and upload other things but when you are used to buying £200 tablets that 'work' you might wonder.

I blame technology

Save
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2017, 08:45   #16
aircub
Gets stuck in

MG-ZT Cdti 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartB View Post
Hi Rob

There is a support thread in the double din section for the Eclipse. I posted on the 6th April that it was not working, but still hoping for a solution as the unit is advertised as having an ipod interface.

Fingers crossed

Cheers

Stuart
Stuart, I presume you did turn on the iPod in the factory setting. Sorry if I stated the obvious.

aircub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2017, 10:38   #17
StuartB
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by aircub View Post
Stuart, I presume you did turn on the iPod in the factory setting. Sorry if I stated the obvious.

Hiya, Yes I did and thought I'd solved it by doing so, but sadly not. I have since heard from Sean and it would appear that China is no longer supporting IPOD's so it does appear there will not be a solution/interface for it.

If it is of any help to anyone, I have downloaded and purchased an app from the play store called Rocket Player. It has a lot of the playback options of the ipod (such as mix/gapless playback, playlists, select by album, artist etc). So I have copied all the music from my ipod to the sd card.

Cheers

Stuart

Last edited by StuartB; 25th May 2017 at 11:28..
StuartB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2017, 19:49   #18
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:

These companies don't have the massive resources to beta test products in quite the same way as big draw companies such as Apple, Samsung, Sony etc
The law doesn't allow any manufacturer, big or small, to advertise something as capable of doing something it can't do.

iPod functionality was a selling point for the eclipse, the fact that it doesn't work is completely unacceptable.

Quote:
Yes, but they refunded everybody and said please buy another when we've fixed the problem by sourcing better batteries.

They didn't say wait for an update or we'll send you a new battery.

I'm normally 100% team coolcat but you can't make excuses for a product that doesn't do what it claimed it would.
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2017, 19:58   #19
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
The law doesn't allow any manufacturer, big or small, to advertise something as capable of doing something it can't do.

iPod functionality was a selling point for the eclipse, the fact that it doesn't work is completely unacceptable.

Yes, but they refunded everybody and said please buy another when we've fixed the problem by sourcing better batteries.

They didn't say wait for an update or we'll send you a new battery.

I'm normally 100% team coolcat but you can't make excuses for a product that doesn't do what it claimed it would.
I'm not making excuses......I'm stating that this sort of thing happens all of the time and will hopefully be rectified by a firmware update from the factory soon.
I'm sure as soon as its forthcoming Sean will give everyone a heads up.

P.s. I know one member is testing an update, not sure if it addresses the iPod issue but I'm sure Sean or the member maybe able to answer.

Last edited by coolcat; 3rd June 2017 at 20:21..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2017, 06:43   #20
MikeJohn
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Hi Jeff.

I am one of the people who have had the new eclipse firmware for a week or so, but not tested iPhone functions for the simple reason I don't have one.

It seems they have fixed igo on sdcard issues, which is good, but when sat nav gives instructions it sometimes fails to mute radio or mp3 playback which is not so good. That seems to affect igo if tts is on, and tom tom, but igo with standard voices is ok.

Sean is aware of what areas I have tried and what I have not been able to, but I have not yet heard what the factory has come back with.

Mike
MikeJohn is offline   Reply With Quote