Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 28th April 2017, 21:10   #1
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Default BT. Could they be Britains Worst Company ?

Over the years I've often heard about the many complaint about BT and to be honest although I shop around for the best deal with other commodities with BT the options are just a bad.

Since going paperless I don't recall actually losing in to check my bills and have just paid what was asked. Ok we have on occasions phoned them up to change or update our plan.

However over the last year we've noticed that our bill is varying quite a bit from month to month and is also increasing in amount.

For several months now I've attempted to login to MyBT without success as it would not recognise my password, which BTW I have recorded in a word document on my PC. Even when changing my password via the security question it also would not recognise my answer, again which is recorded on the same word document.

As a final attempt to get this login problem sorted out I telephone BT and they required my account number as a security question. As I'm now paperless I couldn't find this so they had to post this to my home address. Another call to BT they now had to send out a new PIN number. After yet another call just over 10 days ago which lasted over 90 minutes as the BT guy was having problems trying to sis thing out I was told my login problem would have to be passed to another area to be solved and that they would get back to me within 72 hours.

5 days later and now without email access yet again I called BT, bearing in mind every time I call I have to wait at least 20 - 30 minutes just for them to answer.
This time the guy I spoke with finally managed to re start my e mail access but said that the only way to solve the MyBT login would be to give me a separate e mail address and he arranged for a call back at 6.00 pm the following evening to go through this process.

That was on Tuesday evening of this week and you guessed no call wa received so around 8.30 pm it was yet another call and queuing for a reply. This time the guy noted that a call had been made at 6.15 pm and there was no reply. Well I had been in all afternoon and evening and no one was using the phone so now back to square one and a call was booked for Wednesday evening at 6.00 pm but the BT guy did say there was a two hour window so I waited eagerly for the call back.
Just after 8.00pm I rang them up and this time I placed the handset on speakerphone and prepared my evening meal. I was almost finished eating my meal when the call was picked up and yet again as the problem was being handled by another department I was given yet another call time of 6.00 pm on Thursday evening.

Last night for the third night in a row I sat beside the phone waiting on BT to call back and unbelievably they failed.

As I have had no access to view my accounts for several years and with this appalling service I'm now just so fed up I refuse to call them back.
Instead I'm going to write to Ofcom and let them deal with BT

It's little wonder BT come on top of the complaints pile with telecommunications.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2017, 21:15   #2
Walter
Posted a thing or two

zebadee

Red face Change

As already said Jim, change to EE, at least your bill will be halved
Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2017, 23:06   #3
Gareth.Richards
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Dont forget that BT bought out EE....although their customer service is reputedly to be excellent.
Gareth.Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2017, 10:56   #4
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

EE are also high up in the record number of complaints in the records recently published.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2017, 11:18   #5
Walter
Posted a thing or two

zebadee

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Jamieson View Post
EE are also high up in the record number of complaints in the records recently published.
Who is left then, perhaps one of the smaller companies , anyone have a good recommendation
Walter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2017, 12:35   #6
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Any time I've had a problem BT have fixed it quickly and efficiently. Can log in no problem and never had an issue there either and I've been with them since I first went on line twenty odd years ago
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2017, 11:08   #7
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Default Me too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
Any time I've had a problem BT have fixed it quickly and efficiently. Can log in no problem and never had an issue there either and I've been with them since I first went on line twenty odd years ago
Me too Les. At least with BT you are dealing with one company and they can't blame the fault or problem with the BT lines!

Chris
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 04:39   #8
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Sadly my experience of BT places them in the truly dreadful category. Terrible noisy line, regular reporting of this but no joy from the offshore call centre.

BT then recommended fibre optic at a significant price hike but no better.

We then moved provider and by changing the new company will not accept the line with faults on it so BT was forced to deal with the issue. Which they did but the new provider then told us that the Fibre Optic package we had been sold could not be replicated by them as there were no fibre optic cables within miles of our house.

Armed with their report we ultimately got compensation back from BT - but the whole experience of using BT was one of them lying to sell us a product not available to us at the time - and appallingly bad service.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 04:50   #9
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astraeus View Post
Me too Les. At least with BT you are dealing with one company and they can't blame the fault or problem with the BT lines!

Chris
I understand what you say Chris - but our experience of BT was that because the lines were "theirs" - they did absolutely naff all to sort the actual problem out.

BT's only answer was to charge us way over the odds for a product that proabably would have solved the issue - had it actually been available

I am sure BT do manage to provide a good service to some - but unfortunately the evidence is clear that they let some customers down very badly indeed.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2017, 18:58   #10
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Email [email protected] Telephone 020 7356 4931 (Direct) Switchboard 020 7356 5000 Fax 0207 356 6650

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote