Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th June 2017, 14:39   #1
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Default Navall 3 map update

For the attention of Sean Moore and Jeff Cranwell
Sean, after some problems with the Navigation on my Navall 3, it was on the 7th January that I ordered and paid for a new Navall 3 map update card. When the card arrived, it didn't work, so after about 20 email messages back and forth, you asked me to send both the old and new cards back to Jeff for further investigation. I did this, including a stamped addressed envelope for their return.
After some weeks, and on enquiring regarding progress, you confirmed that you had received them, and that Jeff had actually spoken to you about them, and you were in the process of sending Jeff some new files to upload.
After some more weeks passing, I again asked about about progress, but this time, you were perhaps a bit vague and could confirm only that Jeff had sent out all the map update cards??
I then spoke to Jeff on the telephone, but he could remember nothing about my order. He did however say that some items had recently gone missing in the post. This was later confirmed by yourself.
I then asked you to replace the paid for map card, and perhaps replace my original card with a new blank one, which I was under the impression you had agreed to do.
Some three weeks later, I reminded you that I had still not received the replacement cards, at which point you, claimed to be waiting for new stock of cards, but at the same time, rather strangely, questioned your responsibility for items lost in post?? As a trader, surely it is your responsibility to ensure items are delivered, and certainly only you as the person posting can have any redress with whoever was entrusted to make the delivery.
Now, you might well choose to argue that the original card might have been returned at my responsibility, although that too was originally supplied by yourself, and never worked properly, but the new card is quite clear in that you have yet to deliver the working card that I paid for.
Les.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 19:11   #2
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
For the attention of Sean Moore and Jeff Cranwell
Sean, after some problems with the Navigation on my Navall 3, it was on the 7th January that I ordered and paid for a new Navall 3 map update card. When the card arrived, it didn't work, so after about 20 email messages back and forth, you asked me to send both the old and new cards back to Jeff for further investigation. I did this, including a stamped addressed envelope for their return.
After some weeks, and on enquiring regarding progress, you confirmed that you had received them, and that Jeff had actually spoken to you about them, and you were in the process of sending Jeff some new files to upload.
After some more weeks passing, I again asked about about progress, but this time, you were perhaps a bit vague and could confirm only that Jeff had sent out all the map update cards??
I then spoke to Jeff on the telephone, but he could remember nothing about my order. He did however say that some items had recently gone missing in the post. This was later confirmed by yourself.
I then asked you to replace the paid for map card, and perhaps replace my original card with a new blank one, which I was under the impression you had agreed to do.
Some three weeks later, I reminded you that I had still not received the replacement cards, at which point you, claimed to be waiting for new stock of cards, but at the same time, rather strangely, questioned your responsibility for items lost in post?? As a trader, surely it is your responsibility to ensure items are delivered, and certainly only you as the person posting can have any redress with whoever was entrusted to make the delivery.
Now, you might well choose to argue that the original card might have been returned at my responsibility, although that too was originally supplied by yourself, and never worked properly, but the new card is quite clear in that you have yet to deliver the working card that I paid for.
Les.

Les
Its not a Problem to send a card, the problem is What do we put on it? You sent that second card so we could copy it and update the mapos and that is what was done.

I really have no issue nor interest in the costs. But We sent you an update card , with the maps. You failed to install it for some reason, as yo said after many emails , so this was to be the easiest way. Everyone has their navi running , but for some reason you have not managed. And I do not know why. I WANT desperately to get a card to you but What do i Put on it?
Radioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2017, 19:33   #3
Polly
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioguy View Post
Les

Its not a Problem to send a card, the problem is What do we put on it? You sent that second card so we could copy it and update the mapos and that is what was done.

I really have no issue nor interest in the costs. But We sent you an update card , with the maps. You failed to install it for some reason, as yo said after many emails , so this was to be the easiest way. Everyone has their navi running , but for some reason you have not managed. And I do not know why. I WANT desperately to get a card to you but What do i Put on it?

But that's just it, you keep saying you don't know what to send?? I just don't understand why YOU don't know what to send???
Reading between the lines, you appear to be saying that because the original card has been lost by your post man, my Navall3 is now bricked?
You already know it's a Navall 3, and I have even sent a link to my copy of the original map card.
You should find the link to that file attached to my last email.

Old 29th June 2017, 20:42   #4
Radioguy
Banned

None

We can send what we have but that will be the same as what you had that you could not make work.
Thats what I mean . Ill get one in the post tomorrow but you will have to get someone to install it for you if you cannot,. It is working on ALL of our android systems
Old 29th June 2017, 21:38   #5
Polly
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
We can send what we have but that will be the same as what you had that you could not make work.
Thats what I mean . Ill get one in the post tomorrow but you will have to get someone to install it for you if you cannot,. It is working on ALL of our android systems

I really struggle to understand why it can be down to my lack of knowledge. I was perfectly able to install TomTom, which seemed to work, but the trial version expired before I had actually driven anywhere with it, but in any case I felt it wasn't particularly user friendly. I currently have waze on there, which again works fine, but needs internet connectivity to load maps, not much good with poor phone signal. But basically why would Igo be any more difficult to install? Is it not a simple matter of using the apk installer to first remove the old navigation programme from the root directory, then again use the installer to install the new programme from the map card?
Then from the main menus, select the preferred default navigation app so that the navigation works correctly? Job done.
1. Does that look like the correct procedure, Is there any reason why I might have difficulty??
2. Would you not agree with me, that SD cards are generally rubbish, therefore the most likely cause of problems would be a faulty micro SD card?
3. Is it not also possible that new card you sent me contained the wrong map update programme? (The new card did contain a file named " Navall Star") ?? Whereas I have Navall 3.
4. Did we not agree a long time ago, that trying a replacement card was by far the simplest (and perhaps cheapest) option.
Les

Old 30th June 2017, 01:33   #6
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
I really struggle to understand why it can be down to my lack of knowledge. I was perfectly able to install TomTom, which seemed to work, but the trial version expired before I had actually driven anywhere with it, but in any case I felt it wasn't particularly user friendly. I currently have waze on there, which again works fine, but needs internet connectivity to load maps, not much good with poor phone signal. But basically why would Igo be any more difficult to install? Is it not a simple matter of using the apk installer to first remove the old navigation programme from the root directory, then again use the installer to install the new programme from the map card?
Then from the main menus, select the preferred default navigation app so that the navigation works correctly? Job done.
1. Does that look like the correct procedure, Is there any reason why I might have difficulty??
2. Would you not agree with me, that SD cards are generally rubbish, therefore the most likely cause of problems would be a faulty micro SD card?
3. Is it not also possible that new card you sent me contained the wrong map update programme? (The new card did contain a file named " Navall Star") ?? Whereas I have Navall 3.
4. Did we not agree a long time ago, that trying a replacement card was by far the simplest (and perhaps cheapest) option.
Les

Les, I didnt say it is your lack of knowledge, I am onlyu saying something is not right on that end. We have hashed all of this out , I do not know what is the problem and as you said we corresponded alot trying to find it. Your other complaint was that it was out about 60 Ft or 60 meters (I cannot remember) Without having the unit, we cannot determine , we are taking stabs in the dark. I believe we sent download links? Of the same program. We tried alot of different things and then good ole Royal mail screwed up our solution. So what do I do?
regards
Sean
Old 30th June 2017, 18:46   #7
Polly
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Les, I didnt say it is your lack of knowledge, I am onlyu saying something is not right on that end. We have hashed all of this out , I do not know what is the problem and as you said we corresponded alot trying to find it. Your other complaint was that it was out about 60 Ft or 60 meters (I cannot remember) Without having the unit, we cannot determine , we are taking stabs in the dark. I believe we sent download links? Of the same program. We tried alot of different things and then good ole Royal mail screwed up our solution. So what do I do?

regards

Sean

Sean
You are confusing me again, last post, you said you would send me a replacement card tomorrow.
Then you send another post saying "what do I Do?
On the basis that I can't possibly do anything without a map card, why don't you do what you said you would do, and send me a fully loaded map card?
Only this time, tell me when you have sent it, so that we don't wait three weeks to discover that the postman has eaten it.

Old 30th June 2017, 18:54   #8
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
Sean
You are confusing me again, last post, you said you would send me a replacement card tomorrow.
Then you send another post saying "what do I Do?
On the basis that I can't possibly do anything without a map card, why don't you do what you said you would do, and send me a fully loaded map card?
Only this time, tell me when you have sent it, so that we don't wait three weeks to discover that the postman has eaten it.

Yes Les, Yesterday I would have, Then you responded with all of those doubts and questions. By the way you tried a download as I recall with still no success.
I want clear understanding with you and will do what is possible and thats what I am waiting for. I will send you the card we use, (And works fine) in all units. And from there its in your hands to get it to work. If the other card that you sent for us to copy worked, then the card we send will work. Jeff said he sent it, Please email if you want to know if its been sent, you can email Jeff too. Believe me , Its not about to money, its about the time wasted.
Old 30th June 2017, 19:26   #9
Polly
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Yes Les, Yesterday I would have, Then you responded with all of those doubts and questions. By the way you tried a download as I recall with still no success.

I want clear understanding with you and will do what is possible and thats what I am waiting for. I will send you the card we use, (And works fine) in all units. And from there its in your hands to get it to work. If the other card that you sent for us to copy worked, then the card we send will work. Jeff said he sent it, Please email if you want to know if its been sent, you can email Jeff too. Believe me , Its not about to money, its about the time wasted.

So, in one word, can I expect a replacement card in the post next week?

Old 30th June 2017, 19:30   #10
Radioguy
Banned

None

Quote:
So, in one word, can I expect a replacement card in the post next week?

I was on standby to send it tracked courier, No royalmail
Please email me your address to [email protected] so there is no error

Cheers