Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd April 2017, 13:46   #41
another_clean_sheet
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige B View Post
Sad to think , BUT ...how many more will get scrapped after Monday ?when the scrappage plans for diesel cars are announced ..
There will NOT be an announcement on Monday. Because of the forth coming June election the Government is in purdah and cannot announce any new changes to legislation
another_clean_sheet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2017, 14:39   #42
Mr Bone
Gets stuck in

75 Cdt. VW Touareg V6 Tdi. Galaxy 1.9Tdi (x2). R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nige B View Post
Sad to think , BUT ...how many more will get scrapped after Monday ?when the scrappage plans for diesel cars are announced ..
Not mine.

Apart from giving free cars away, there isn't a single incentive the government could come up with to get me in a eurobox. I've had more than a few hire cars over the past few years through work and apart from a Passat estate there isn't a single one that I could contemplate owning.
The most notable disappointment was a Vauxhall Mokka 1.4, £20 odd grands worth of misery.

In fact, if they were handing them out free I'd turn it down and keep my Connie cdt.
Old 22nd April 2017, 16:27   #43
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet View Post
There will NOT be an announcement on Monday. Because of the forth coming June election the Government is in purdah and cannot announce any new changes to legislation
And that was what I was thinking about this storm in a teacup.

... Back from my walk in which I must've exhaled several extra tons more of CO2 than I would've sat comfortably in my car - Now starving hungry after my exertions so will have to eat twice as much as usual and create even more methane than normal (yes, it is possible). Don't worry about particulates the filter is in place but it's likely to be Nox..ious

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2017, 16:44   #44
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet View Post
Stop letting the facts get in the way of a good bit of internet hysteria

I'm sure it's a coinkydink that the OP of this all diesels are doomed thread has a petrol version for sale at the moment
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2017, 17:28   #45
AWD/Alba

Rover 75 Saloon

Biggest pollution producers? Massive multi engined surface ships.
AWD/Alba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2017, 23:12   #46
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

There are currently around 30million cars on UK roads - around a third of which according to the AA are over 10 years old - so thats 10million 'unclean' cars by the broad stroke political measurements system. The last scrappage scheme accounted for just under 400,000 vehicles. Or to put it in easy terms. A scrappage scheme on a similar scale to the last will account for no more than 5% of 'unclean' vehicles on the road. Given that a 'clean' vehicle will only pollute half as much as an older vehicle thats an optimistic 2.5% reduction in pollution.

--Correction that's a 2.5% decrease in pollution from 10million older vehicles (by making that figure 9.5 million) Divide that figure by 3 (remember I said that the vehicles involved represent a third of vehicles on UK roads?) and you get a whopping 0.833% reduction in pollution. --

Bear in mind that is just the pollution caused locally by running the vehicle and fails miserably to account for pollution caused during or by the manufacture of the vehicles.... (or for instance the power generation required to charge electric vehicles).

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button

Last edited by Avulon; 22nd April 2017 at 23:32.. Reason: Correcting arithmetic
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 07:03   #47
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

Nothing wrong with diesel's, mine has only done 60K, it has least another 140K left in her .

Steve
stevenicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 09:51   #48
7T5
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Mine is not going anywhere, its a cracking car. Pulls my caravan no bother at all. Love it.
7T5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2017, 10:36   #49
Nige B
This is my second home

honda civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney View Post
Stop letting the facts get in the way of a good bit of internet hysteria

I'm sure it's a coinkydink that the OP of this all diesels are doomed thread has a petrol version for sale at the moment
hE has , and owns 2 diesels also ..one of which i am spending a tidy sum getting fixed..so thats not going anywhere anytime soon ..It was a post of I WONDER , not necessarily I AM . cheers

Nige B
Nige B is offline   Reply With Quote