Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th June 2016, 20:08   #41
BigAde
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T+ 135 CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyboy View Post
Hi Ade
I don't know if this helps but you might find on some insurance policies you've also got insurance against misfuelling I'm absolutely certain that on an Axa policy it's covered because I checked my policy and it was on there,

I think removing the tank is a little overboard, I drain all the fuel out my cars when I break them, and all you need is a electric pump and access to both sides of the saddle tank by removing the tops underneath the seats and draining it by suction, I would also add wins into the fuel system to help remove Excess moisture,
Obviously this is just my opinion, but I'm saying this because it may be a much cheaper option for you,
Hope that helps Mick
That does help Mick. Appreciate it I'll look for a How To on that. Will check my insurance policy tomorrow.
BigAde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 12:09   #42
cb750chris
Trader

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyboy View Post
Hi Ade
<snip>
I think removing the tank is a little overboard, I drain all the fuel out my cars when I break them, and all you need is a electric pump and access to both sides of the saddle tank by removing the tops underneath the seats and draining it by suction, I would also add wins into the fuel system to help remove Excess moisture,
<snip>
Hope that helps Mick
This is the way I would do the job too
Remove rear seat, go in though tank top access and suck out through there (both sides) then out some fuel in (1 gallon?), pump through to dispel water from the lines (discharge from filter input pipe) change filter, and see what happens (add Winns as desired)
Chris

Replacement keys programmed / supplied / cut

Diesel 135 upgrade available

IPK virginisation and T4 matching available

Sorry, due to a big change in home circumstances, I am unable to do any large jobs at present, but can still offer evening time diagnostics.
cb750chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 13:15   #43
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb750chris View Post
This is the way I would do the job too
Remove rear seat, go in though tank top access and suck out through there (both sides) then out some fuel in (1 gallon?), pump through to dispel water from the lines (discharge from filter input pipe) change filter, and see what happens (add Winns as desired)
Chris

Two good minds think alike 😃
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2016, 13:26   #44
BigAde
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T+ 135 CDTi

Update: I've been phoned and told that they've dropped the exhaust and removed the tank to empty it. 90% full of water I'm told.
Total £263.91 including 10 litres of diesel and a new fuel filter. I gave them a bottle of Wynns dry fuel to add to the mix. Could have been worse I suppose.

Will get home tonight and take it for a run. Fingers-crossed she's running ok.
Then it's a case of trying to claim the money off the petrol station (I notice their diesel pumps were still 'out-of-order' this morning).
Old 28th June 2016, 15:26   #45
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAde View Post
Update: I've been phoned and told that they've dropped the exhaust and removed the tank to empty it. 90% full of water I'm told.
Total £263.91 including 10 litres of diesel and a new fuel filter. I gave them a bottle of Wynns dry fuel to add to the mix. Could have been worse I suppose.

Then it's a case of trying to claim the money off the petrol station (I notice their diesel pumps were still 'out-of-order' this morning).
Ask the garage for a written report and send it to the oil company
Old 28th June 2016, 21:03   #46
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAde View Post

Glad to hear your up and running mate 👍 I've got my fingers crossed for you
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 09:03   #47
BigAde
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT-T+ 135 CDTi

Update:
Drove the car when I got home last night, it took longer to start than it should, but still ran ok. Felt a bit 'lumpy' with the odd minor bit of hesitation. Drove up to the nearest petrol station and put another 15 litres of diesel in... enough to comfortably get me to and from work for a day or two but not enough to dilute the Wynns Dry Fuel too much. Drove to work this morning and at first it was a little hesitant, but after 15 miles or so it was almost back to normal albeit with a little white smoke under heavy acceleration. Given that the Wynns acts as an injector cleaner too, that would make sense.

I'll save the final verdict for a day or two, but so far it's looking promising.

I've got a sample of the contaminated fuel, and the receipt from the garage details the cause of the failure. I'll be putting together a formal letter to the petrol station owners soon.

Last edited by BigAde; 29th June 2016 at 09:05..