Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 31st May 2018, 12:48   #11
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dansrockin View Post
I missed that one! What got said!
He truly is an idiot of the highest level, he's almost as bad as Craig Manton!
It is on one of the Facebook groups, so I won't be repeating here.

At least with cm, he had a clue about what he was doing. I am convinced this guy simply doesn't. It is sad really, society has let him down so badly

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
Old 31st May 2018, 13:05   #12
Dansrockin
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT number 1 of 25 celestial!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
It is on one of the Facebook groups, so I won't be repeating here.

At least with cm, he had a clue about what he was doing. I am convinced this guy simply doesn't. It is sad really, society has let him down so badly

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
The only thing that Manton had a clue about was lying through his teeth to get whatever he could out of people. My celestial zt190 came from him, supposedly he'd replaced the engine, clutch, slave, inlet manifold, vis motors, and a few other bits. Needless to say it's cost me a small fortune replacing all those parts myself and more!
This Harper guy seems to know what he's talking about, he's just a complete a-hole! I looked at buying this car when he first advertised it last year as a donor car for mine. There's not one straight or decent panel on it, and it was nothing more than a scrapper then. Since then, he's removed every other usable item from the car, yet still thinks he'll find a buyer!
Old 31st May 2018, 13:29   #13
P-Nut
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

Over 275,000 miles!

The last MOT had ZERO advisories....

It's an absolute heap, it looks like the celestial colour is about to get rarer, I know we should all be about preserving the cars but this one looks too far gone.
Old 31st May 2018, 16:13   #14
TomRS
Posted a thing or two

Mk1 ZT 190 - Mk2 ZS 180 - Mercedes E63 AMG S - Ford Ranger Hawk

Quote:
I missed that one! What got said!
He truly is an idiot of the highest level, he's almost as bad as Craig Manton!
Quote:
The only thing that Manton had a clue about was lying through his teeth to get whatever he could out of people. My celestial zt190 came from him, supposedly he'd replaced the engine, clutch, slave, inlet manifold, vis motors, and a few other bits. Needless to say it's cost me a small fortune replacing all those parts myself and more!
This Harper guy seems to know what he's talking about, he's just a complete a-hole! I looked at buying this car when he first advertised it last year as a donor car for mine. There's not one straight or decent panel on it, and it was nothing more than a scrapper then. Since then, he's removed every other usable item from the car, yet still thinks he'll find a buyer!
Yes had the joys of dealing with him.. bought a car from him, swapped a ZT190 in need of a clutch for a mk1 190 that he had.
Gave me all the usual speal that it was this that and blah blah... anyway long story short.
He removed the xenons that were clearly in the photo he sent me orginally, and left ALL the bolts in the wing liners so when i opened the bonnet and asked "where is the lights" he said "always had non projectors mate" "so why are all the bolts in the wing"
He basically ignored me (unfortunately i bought the car in the dark or i'd have walked away)
Someone had literally used a scouring pad down the doors they were so badly damaged i had to get my mate who's a pro detailer to machine polish and correct the paint which took it down to the bare minimum thickness as it was that badly damanged.
It also had the belts done, a new inlet blah blah blah... when i came to service it, MY GOD it was a mess, snapped bolts, broken sensors, knock sensors not even connected
I had pictures of the car in bits to show it "had had new belts" but he must have literally THROWN it back together.
I eventually sorted the entire thing and sold it onto a lovely older gentlemen who i beleive still has it now.
But he's been in contact a few times mentioning issues that have arisen and there are all the handywork of Mr Manton.
Old 31st May 2018, 17:49   #15
Dansrockin
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT number 1 of 25 celestial!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomRS View Post
Yes had the joys of dealing with him.. bought a car from him, swapped a ZT190 in need of a clutch for a mk1 190 that he had.
Gave me all the usual speal that it was this that and blah blah... anyway long story short.
He removed the xenons that were clearly in the photo he sent me orginally, and left ALL the bolts in the wing liners so when i opened the bonnet and asked "where is the lights" he said "always had non projectors mate" "so why are all the bolts in the wing"
He basically ignored me (unfortunately i bought the car in the dark or i'd have walked away)
Someone had literally used a scouring pad down the doors they were so badly damaged i had to get my mate who's a pro detailer to machine polish and correct the paint which took it down to the bare minimum thickness as it was that badly damanged.
It also had the belts done, a new inlet blah blah blah... when i came to service it, MY GOD it was a mess, snapped bolts, broken sensors, knock sensors not even connected
I had pictures of the car in bits to show it "had had new belts" but he must have literally THROWN it back together.
I eventually sorted the entire thing and sold it onto a lovely older gentlemen who i beleive still has it now.
But he's been in contact a few times mentioning issues that have arisen and there are all the handywork of Mr Manton.
Sounds very similar to my experience! He showed me pics of work supposedly done to the car, but they must've been of another engine, because there's no way it was mine! He told me hed put a new clutch and slave in, gave me a receipt for a bearmach clutch kit. I then found out that bearmach only make clutches for diesels, so I had it done for peace of mind. When we took the gearbox off, the slave fell out in pieces and the clutch was completely worn. Both were original items! I knew it was a risk getting involved with him, but the car was just too good to let go, and now I've got it all sorted, I'm glad I stuck with it!
Old 31st May 2018, 22:42   #16
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Just seen this thread, I think that's enough free advertising for this gentleman.

Thread closed
Closed Thread