Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd September 2013, 22:57   #91
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodster020 View Post
Seeing the bigger picture, the benefits system actually works for Britain! (madness, i know!) But you see, where does that £xxx Billions in benefit money go??

It goes straight to British businesses, shops factories, etc, etc - which in turn keeps people in jobs.

Take away the benefits = reduction in UK Spending power = loss of jobs.

Hope that makes sense!
And a lot re-couped in the form of VAT and fuel taxes I would assume ?
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd September 2013, 22:58   #92
Moodster020
Loves to post

MGZT CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder View Post
And a lot re-couped in the form of VAT and fuel taxes I would assume ?
Indeed, The lord giveth and the lord taketh away
Moodster020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2013, 12:18   #93
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

I have a little (well quite a long one really) tale on this subject, which some might find of interest, but due to the sensitive nature of the content, I am not willing to post it publicly, but I will happily post it via email for those interested.

Please don't PM me via the site, because I'm a 'blue' and my inbox is small - use the send email option. Left click on my name on the left, then select 'Send email..'

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2013, 15:42   #94
Billy1mate
Posted a thing or two

120d M Sport

As it is a 'career choice' for some, the problem is, it has now rubbed off on their kids. I am happy to pay £**** per month so someone can stay at home watching Jeremy Kyle on their 46" LCD TV that I bought.

NOT

Get off your a-rse and get a job you lazy, lazy oxygen thief.
Billy1mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2013, 18:25   #95
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

I had to laugh the other day, watching Watchdog which is always good for a laugh.

There was a young single mum of several kids, complaining that she was choosing between heating and eating because of the price of electricity and gas.

Then they switch to the wide shot of her and the kids sat on the leather 3 piece suite watching the wall mounted massive LCD tv.

The kids may have had handheld computer game console things too, but I cannot remember if that was something else I was getting irate at on the telly.

She didn't strike me as the working type
rich17865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2013, 18:48   #96
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moodster020 View Post
Seeing the bigger picture, the benefits system actually works for Britain! (madness, i know!) But you see, where does that £xxx Billions in benefit money go??

It goes straight to British businesses, shops factories, etc, etc - which in turn keeps people in jobs.

Take away the benefits = reduction in UK Spending power = loss of jobs.

Hope that makes sense!
It does to some extent, but it has the feel of perpetual motion about it. The money to pay those who will not work, comes from those who do work, whether from their tax or from the profits they generate. I was brought up in a generation where it was unheard of not to have a job, not to earn to provide for yourself. Only one arm, you found a job which only needed one arm. Unable to walk, you got a job which didn't need you to walk.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 19th October 2013, 19:44   #97
dingl2000
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Looking at a lot of post and replies in this thread I can agree and disagree with a lot of it, some long term claimers like I was once , couldn't help it, I was out of work for a year and a half, through no fault of my own, and I was desperate to work, I applied for anything and everything.

I was desperate for money to feed my family and make them happy, does that make me or would that have made me a scrounged ? I think not.

I have been in this job two years now, and I'm very settled and happy, I make enough to keep us going with some spare change. I work hard 60 to 70 hours a week travelling up and down the country making sure there are goods to be put on shelves, ( there is a point here )

Not I have a couple of friends who I must admit could do better for themselves and I do in a lot of way feel I am supporting them. They have been on benefit for 8 years, now that's what you call long term, I do have a rant to Mrs T at times as I get fed up with it

But I won't to know why the people on benefit live quite happy and have everything they need, when I who is earning nearing x amount a month can still struggle, it really bakes my noodle .

Someone was saying about not enough jobs, that's frankly not an excuse people retire everyday which opens a vacancy on the market for a job.

The most distressing thing about the youth of today, it the horrid attitude towards life family and work. For example.

I was in tesco not so long ago and a young chap about 19 or 20 was dancing through the shop singing at the top of his voice "I ain't never gonna work" and I do mean singing.

I only held my language because of families and children near by. That's the people you would love to batter without anyone noticing...... They need a new version of national service and drill in to these youngsters the right attitude.

That's just my opinion though, ok I know I'm not old enough to have known of national service, but I've heard all the stories from my older relatives, and my dad was also in the army for a short while and I suppose that's where I get my good work ethic from.
Old 19th October 2013, 20:35   #98
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingl2000 View Post
Looking at a lot of post and replies in this thread I can agree and disagree with a lot of it, some long term claimers like I was once , couldn't help it, I was out of work for a year and a half, through no fault of my own, and I was desperate to work, I applied for anything and everything.
I have absolutely no problem with anyone being temporarily unemployed, that is what the benefit system is there for and the present climate makes it certain that some will be unemployed during at least some stage in their lives unfortunately. I do object to those who see it as a lifetime career choice and even more so those who make it a career choice and who as a matter of general rule, work on the side, living a life of Riley at everyone else's expense. They are not just taking the regular money, but doing others out of what should be a proper job.

PM via email me, if you want to hear of such a tale.

Old 19th October 2013, 21:06   #99
Billy1mate
Posted a thing or two

120d M Sport

Dingl, I too have been in your situation, I was unemployed on & off over a 2year period, 14 months in total, but I like you did something about it. My gripe is with those with 'can't do' attitudes rather than a 'can do' attitude. The system was introduced to help people get back on there feet but not now.
Billy1mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th October 2013, 21:19   #100
dingl2000
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Trouble is billy, there is no incentive to hold the interest of people who really should be in work, it's is partly the governments fault due to the fact they don't give the help or the funding need to help those who want to work or study to better themselves.

Before this job I wanted to train as a driving instructor, job centre wouldn't fund me , or help me find funding, and it doesn't help when the job centre staff look down their noses at you.

It's true it does take two to make a wrong situation government and people attitudes two wrongs don make a right