Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th March 2012, 17:01   #1
seanvv

rover 75

Default Hi new here problem with cruise control

Hi there im new to the site i have purchased a rover 75 conn 2.0 d 02 Plate and have since discovered the cruise control is not working, the button lights by the radio but no icon comes on , on the dash and buttons have no effect , now i have noticed some re chip may have been done as there is a little box attached to engine and previous owner said the car had been chipped, any ideas how i can get the cruise control to work, a mechanic has checked all the buttons and switches and says everything is working ok..
seanvv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 17:31   #2
higgi23
Loves to post

MG ZT 190+ Comm no 17476

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanvv View Post
Hi there im new to the site i have purchased a rover 75 conn 2.0 d 02 Plate and have since discovered the cruise control is not working, the button lights by the radio but no icon comes on , on the dash and buttons have no effect , now i have noticed some re chip may have been done as there is a little box attached to engine and previous owner said the car had been chipped, any ideas how i can get the cruise control to work, a mechanic has checked all the buttons and switches and says everything is working ok..
Check the brake and clutch pedal switches.....
Old 5th March 2012, 19:34   #3
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanvv View Post
The sensors on the pedals are proximity sensors and easily get displaced. As the post above says, check them.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 19:42   #4
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

Did this on my dad's car yesterday, as follows,

Remove black trim piece above pedals by removing 2 screws in the bottom of the drivers side dash panel below the steering wheel.

remove the coloured panel below the steering wheel by pulling forward on it as it is clipped in at the top and you have already removed the screws at the bottom.

Identify the clutch and brake pedal switches, (you will need a torch) they are at the very top of the pedals I couldn't see any moving parts, they appear to be magnetic inside.

Put your finger on the back of the switch (where the cable fits in) and apply pressure, depress relevant pedal and whilst continuing to apply pressure to the back of the switch you will notice the switch ratchet towards you. slowly release the pedal and the switch will be set in the correct position.

repeat for the other pedal, and hey presto!

Put the panels back on and enjoy the cruise!

Try not to slip the pedals and allow them to violently hit the switches, or you will have to do it again.

Hope that helps.
rich17865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2012, 22:52   #5
Vanbursta
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Conn

Might be an idea to check that the actuator arm is attached to the throttle body, my CC didn't work and the link had popped off the ball joint, a bit of pushing and shoving later and it was reattached and (touch wood) it hasn't popped off again.
Vanbursta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 04:10   #6
seanvv

rover 75

Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanbursta View Post
Might be an idea to check that the actuator arm is attached to the throttle body, my CC didn't work and the link had popped off the ball joint, a bit of pushing and shoving later and it was reattached and (touch wood) it hasn't popped off again.
many thanks for all your help guys will have a look at get back to you
Old 6th March 2012, 06:06   #7
rich17865
This is my second home

Transit Connect

Thanked 1,619 Times in 1,095 Posts

That doesn't apply to your diesel, the v6 system is different
rich17865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 06:44   #8
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Yes the diesels are drive by wire, so there are no mechanical linkages to worry about.

Mike
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 12:19   #9
350zwelgje
Avid contributor

75 KV6 2.5 3x Rover 75 CDT

Is your abs ok, like no light on the dash while driving?
Speed signal for the cruise control is provided by the left front wheel abs sensor. No signal from there, no cruise control.
This is what I have as I need to replace this abs sensor and have until then the abs light on the dash. Assume all will be fine when replaced.

Rob
Old 6th March 2012, 13:13   #10
seanvv

rover 75

Default re problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350zwelgje View Post
Is your abs ok, like no light on the dash while driving?
Speed signal for the cruise control is provided by the left front wheel abs sensor. No signal from there, no cruise control.
This is what I have as I need to replace this abs sensor and have until then the abs light on the dash. Assume all will be fine when replaced.

Rob
Hi there no abs light on dash going to replace both the switches under the pedals and go from there i may be back