Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 18th December 2018, 05:58   #1
DEVYL
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Auto Connoiseur SE

Default Water leaks in my R75

So, another winter came and again, I have quite massive amounts of water in my 75. My car is a LHD so, I have the passenger side floor flooded completely and on the driver's side, well, I only find water over the trim piece that`s around the bonnet release and boot lid button. Driver's side carpet is dry as in a hot summer. I have checked all 4 draining hoses for the sunroof, cleaned all of them, I have cleaned the draining tubes from underneath the wipers , I've dropped some water over the sunroof, goes underneath the wheel arch fast but water somehow finds a way in. Roof is not wet, neither A pillars, tubes under the dashboard are plugged in. Any ideas , I'm all ears .
Old 18th December 2018, 06:09   #2
cbr1100xx
Gets stuck in

VW touareg

I know on a rhd there is a large grommet in the bulkhead , I think it's something to do with the pipework for the clutch , mine leaked after a clutch change as it hadnt seated properly or even door seals
Stan
Old 18th December 2018, 06:12   #3
DEVYL
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Auto Connoiseur SE

Mine is automatic so no clutch issues. Bulkhead it's the panel between the cabin and engine bay? The "firewall"?
Old 18th December 2018, 06:49   #4
cbr1100xx
Gets stuck in

VW touareg

Yes bulkhead/ firewall.
I know its auto but the grommet might still be there , it's about 2" wide and if not seated let's water in , on mine its drivers side , yours will be passenger side.

Also have you checked your plenums are dry , water in there can soak through the cabin filter into the same side

Stan
Old 18th December 2018, 07:56   #5
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

My LHD had a wet carpet in the driver’s footwell which I found was coming through the scuttle clips. I noticed that rainwater pooled in the far left recess of the windscreen surround. Off with the wiper blades, windscreen surround and filled the white retainers with silicon no problems since (touch wood). Just got another LHD 75 and did the same thing on this one as a preventive measure. Artic did a good “how to”.

I think it was Dave (Stocktake) that mentioned a leak through the bonnet cable grommet, check that too.

Good luck
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote