Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th December 2018, 13:52   #11
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Default JLR shedding 5,000 jobs

Looks like the impact of having a product line that is 90% diesel is beginning to bite as predicted.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...-a8687171.html

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2018, 13:59   #12
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
The mistake I am referring to is quite clear and has already been made. The mistake was to allow the “Green Taliban” to dictate policy such that we all went diesel.

The decision I believe you may well be referring to was made by the people via a referendum - the fact that the Government is ballsing it up is simply par for the course.

What else can you expect from someone (May) who has to tell us how “hard” she is working all the time? In my experience those that have to say this are usually quite useless. Working Smarter not harder is the best option.

But I expect she worked “hard” on her immigration “targets” that lead to the truly dreadful “Windrush” scandal - which was entirely down to her when she was Home Secretary.

She confuses supposed “hard work” with being effective and seeing the bigger picture.

And again ... She is an unpleasant blinkered woman, and if she has a 'vision' it's not the right one because it involves no compromises at a time in history when that is so important. I would go so far as to suggest that 90% of our 'elected representatives' (of all parties) are much the same.

I have a hi vis vest free then
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2018, 15:27   #13
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

This is industry wide, not just Diesel powered cars and not just in the UK.
When you get out of the EU and stop buying German cars, we will see who laughs best!
Old 17th December 2018, 15:33   #14
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiser View Post
This is industry wide, not just Diesel powered cars and not just in the UK.
When you get out of the EU and stop buying German cars, we will see who laughs best!

It won't make any difference - we will just have to pay more

50,000 jobs British jobs could go in the car industry but still hey 'it's worth it' to get rid of those meddling foreigners taking our jobs

Last edited by mystabe; 17th December 2018 at 15:38..
Old 17th December 2018, 15:43   #15
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

"They" won't be happy until we have no UK manufacturing left. It's getting to the point where we won't be able to buy anything British apart from eggs!
Old 17th December 2018, 15:59   #16
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
"They" won't be happy until we have no UK manufacturing left. It's getting to the point where we won't be able to buy anything British apart from eggs!

'They' only care about themselves and business' etc etc because I'm ok so s*d the people.

Yes I'm bitter, I own a small business that trades with the EU and America - to be honest once you have factored in shipping we are now pretty much at parity with the Euro and the Dollar - and for the customer that is expensive. If I want to make a profit I have to increase prices (obviously) but customers don't seem to want to pay more because 'everything is awesome!' and it's not.

To be fair people are starting to realise that - so they aren't buying and instead using what they have - what can you do?

Last edited by Graham1961; 18th December 2018 at 21:44.. Reason: Removal of swear word.
Old 17th December 2018, 16:01   #17
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post

But we'll have an extra £350m each week to buy all those Norfolk eggs and to spend in vape shops.

Let's not be pessimistic.

MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2018, 16:04   #18
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Political bias be damned, I hear enough of this tosh on the radio, and watch enough on the television thanks very much.

The top and bottom of it is simple, if you manufacture something whether that be cars or widgits that there is no market for, you will be doomed.

So as this is a car forum, can you keep the politics out of it please .

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2018, 16:07   #19
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Political bias be damned, I hear enough of this tosh on the radio, and watch enough on the television thanks very much.

The top and bottom of it is simple, if you manufacture something whether that be cars or widgits that there is no market for, you will be doomed.

So as this is a car forum, can you keep the politics out of it please .

Brian
Car forum - of course it is - thank you for the reminder Brian. There I was thinking that this was the forum to ruin other people's potential car sales!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2018, 16:08   #20
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Car forum - of course it is - thank you for the reminder Brian. There I was thinking that this was the forum to ruin other people's potential car sales!
Or the forum for up their own harrisses from Suffolk........get on your bike and ride
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote