Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th December 2018, 07:26   #1
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Default Bad news JLR jobs

Daily express suggests 5000 uk jobs will go, what a tragedy, hope the malaise doesn't spread to our other UK car manufacturers.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2018, 08:51   #2
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

That's grim news indeed saying as we made the best of everything back in the day. Can you imagine the auto industry jobs across Europe that will go in the next decade transitioning over to zero emission vehicles!

Germany's Angela Merkel said earlier this year that Auto & Coal workers will need to know where their jobs will be in the new economy.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2018, 11:50   #3
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

I love Jaguars, but the latest models lack the individual styling which distinguished the breed, and their reliability has reportedly taken a dive. Also, they have become disproportionately more expensive than they used to be.

However, I still wish them well, for the sake of their workers.
coolguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2018, 12:00   #4
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

JLR has been caught out by the sudden “change of view” regarding diesel. I won’t start on my hobbyhorse re. ‘Why the he11 was diesel given such a huge tax concession’ in the first place - but the inevitable fallout of this is now having real life consequences.

The fall in sales for JLR in China due to the ongoing Trade War has seen an immediate and significant negative impact as well.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2018, 12:05   #5
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
That's grim news indeed saying as we made the best of everything back in the day. Can you imagine the auto industry jobs across Europe that will go in the next decade transitioning over to zero emission vehicles!

Germany's Angela Merkel said earlier this year that Auto & Coal workers will need to know where their jobs will be in the new economy.
Yes - the politicos and minions who live in that bubble world where they themselves are immune from the negative consequences of their policies seem happy to act like Lemmings.

The Yellow Vest movement in France was sparked by crazy government decisions not hitting the rich or those in power but hitting the average person really hard
Old 17th December 2018, 13:03   #6
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Peugeot 207
Peugeot 208
Porche Cayenne
Citroen C3
Kia c'eed
Audi Q7
Volkswagen Toureg.
All built in Slovakia.
The K-1 too.

Think more than 40% of their total production is automotive.

JLR after all is not British, just a UK branch of TATa, the worlds leading (lets take every refinement off it we can) cheapskating company.
Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2018, 13:39   #7
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Yes - the politicos and minions who live in that bubble world where they themselves are immune from the negative consequences of their policies seem happy to act like Lemmings.

The Yellow Vest movement in France was sparked by crazy government decisions not hitting the rich or those in power but hitting the average person really hard

I entirely agree with you, but it's actually not a post I expected from you I have a spare Hi Vis vest if you're interested

Last edited by mystabe; 17th December 2018 at 13:42..
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2018, 13:50   #8
mbev51
Banned

Removed

Quote:
Let's hope the UK government doesn't make the same mistake.
mbev51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th December 2018, 14:16   #9
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
Let's hope the UK government doesn't make the same mistake.
The mistake I am referring to is quite clear and has already been made. The mistake was to allow the “Green Taliban” to dictate policy such that we all went diesel.

The decision I believe you may well be referring to was made by the people via a referendum - the fact that the Government is ballsing it up is simply par for the course.

What else can you expect from someone (May) who has to tell us how “hard” she is working all the time? In my experience those that have to say this are usually quite useless. Working Smarter not harder is the best option.

But I expect she worked “hard” on her immigration “targets” that lead to the truly dreadful “Windrush” scandal - which was entirely down to her when she was Home Secretary.

She confuses supposed “hard work” with being effective and seeing the bigger picture.
Old 17th December 2018, 14:19   #10
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
I entirely agree with you, but it's actually not a post I expected from you I have a spare Hi Vis vest if you're interested
I have two already thanks!!

Tho I have to say I am intrigued as to why you are surprised that I would to post the comment(s) that I did?