Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th October 2018, 19:54   #1
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Default Hard drive back up problem

About two years ago I was having a problem with my PC, it was showing as hard drive full. It has 1Tb of memory capability and I thought it odd so I purchased an external hard drive to off load a shed load of files thinking it would solve the problem. I didn’t so I got a local PC repair company to come to the house and fix the problem.
It turned out that my Norton anti virus was constantly backing up then backing the back up and so on thus filing the entire memory. The young lady fixed that and everything’s been fine with the PC since.

This week I’ve got one of those man colds so can’t get outside to work on the cars so I thought I might as well tidy up my photo files on the PC
Then I remembered that I’ve got loads of photo files on the said external drive so I decided to re load them back onto the PC

Now this is where the problem starts.

When I couple the external drive it motors up and yes I can open up the files but as soon as I cut and paste any one of the files it simply dumps me out.
By trial and error I’ve found that within the files I can cut & paste around 10 photos at a time with succes but any more than that it dumps me.

Most times it will allow me to re load but on several attempts it’s askiing me to format the drive.
I’m frightened to do this as surely if I format the drive I lose everything on it.

The way I’m going it’s going to take me weeks to transfer the photos 10 at a time.

The external drive is by Elements and is 500gb.
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote