Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th August 2018, 18:32   #251
Ratty
I really should get out more.......

MG ZTT CDTI Honda Jazz 1.4 Auto

You have got 1 or 2 empty boxes for packing.

Last edited by Ratty; 30th August 2018 at 18:34..
Ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2018, 18:44   #252
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty View Post
You have got 1 or 2 empty boxes for packing.
There was 65 at one stage.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2018, 20:00   #253
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Quids in............................

............................................ And people wonder why councils waste money.

When I moved back in June this year I informed Redbridge Council, who reduced my monthly payments on the community tax, as the flat was staying empty till sold.

As the sale and completion of contracts were exchanged I again informed Redbridge Council. They in due course sent me a letter telling me that they were reimbursing me with £575. I knew this to be wrong and waited for them to tell me. 10 days later the money was paid into my bank account.

I then got a letter from Redbridge Council informing me that I now owed £450 on unpaid community tax. After countless phone/e mails it was sorted out that I did not owe this money. And then I was told that they owed me a further £252.60 and that I would receive the payment into my account. But I had closed my account with them. I was still waiting for them to claim back the £575 that they had overpaid me.

Last week I finally got a letter telling me that I had been overpaid the £575. I phoned and got through to a very nice lady who confirmed I had been overpaid. I've no idea why I replied with this, "Oh! I thought it was a gift from the council. A sort of a going away present". After the lady stopped laughing I said that I was prepared to pay it back on a monthly basis. "Oh no she said, it had to be paid back all in one lump". I said I could not afford it as I had spent the money. She said she would contact the accounts department and see what they would say.

I then got a phone call from a foreign speaking chap, either that or he was a Yorkshireman sucking a gob stopper. But the gist of the conversation was that the money had to paid back asap. Now when I explained that I had received another letter saying that I was owed another £252.60, so if they deducted that from what I owed then I would just pay the balance. No, he said. No I had to pay back the £575 before they would reimburse me with the £252.60.

The very nice lady whom I had spoke to in the first place phoned me yesterday telling me that the council had made a complete ****'s up and that I DID NOT have to pay the £575 back. It was mine to keep.
And today I got a invoice confirming that they had in fact also paid in the £252.60 that they owed me. And my bank account shows that to be correct.

I only used to pay £890 for the year up in Barkingside, we used to get subsidy from the Mayor of London to help us poor people out.

So I'm now able to afford to buy a joint of beef this weekend.

............................................. I daren't go back now.

onen hag oll
Old 10th October 2018, 20:59   #254
pbaker
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer CDTI SE + MG ZS

So Bob, does that mean the meals and drinks are on you😪.
pbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2018, 21:43   #255
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbaker View Post
So Bob, does that mean the meals and drinks are on you😪.
Anytime you are in Saltash Peter.

onen hag oll
Old 11th October 2018, 11:24   #256
pbaker
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer CDTI SE + MG ZS

Default redbridge

On my Bob. On a serious note , hope they don't send u an un-paid bill demand plus interest. peter.
pbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2018, 16:24   #257
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool 4 months and ...................................

................................... 1 week and we are still here.

Still exploring the area, still finding out things, still have not been into Plymouth yet by bus, but still have lots of time to do everything I want to.

Only went back to London last week thinking I would find out why I was not told about my Big Brothers passing, but that never went to plan. But at least I know where his ashes are. So when back up country in December I'll be able to pay my respects.

When I lived in Essex I could not wait to come back down here, but now I'm here I have no want to go back to Essex.
The people that bought my flat sent me a text last week asking me how I got my sofa into, and out, of the flat. Well, I never had a sofa but the way to get any large bits of furniture in or out was to take the two front doors off. They should have measured up before buying anything large.

When I was up in London last week I did drive past the old place but I felt nothing for it.
Happy where I am now.

onen hag oll
Old 13th December 2018, 08:55   #258
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool Doesn't time time.........................

..........................................fly. Been in my new home now 6 months. Any regrets? None, just wish I had had the courage to sell up and move a few years earlier. But it took a serious fall to get the ball rolling.

I love the house and the area, I love the people down here so so friendly. I have fabulous friends who will drop everything and get jobs done for me, all I have to do is swallow my pride and ask.
I'm gradually learning how everything moves slower than a snail around here, I have learnt what drekley means, and have started saying the word as well. I know know where the 'Street' is, what you might call the High Street, well it's called 'Fore Street' around here.

There are loads of supermarkets close by but I have found the most amazing local butchers, straight from the farm to the counter, and believe me it tastes so much better. No shrinkage, the sausages start of 6" long and once cooked are still 6".
I found the best bakers where the bread has taste, but I know of someone who has bought a bread machine just waiting on a sample to try. I will properly buy a machine after Xmas.
There is a nice green grocers. About a 25 minute walk away, yes I do walk when I don't need much shopping.
There is a Lidal's, Waitrose and a B & M's in walking distance plus a local Spar to me.
Across my road there is a post box and telephone box, remember them.

Found a cracking garage to do all my repairs and servicing, although I do miss MJS. I have told Mike he can come and stay here if he is on a mobile call close by. He has traveled down as far as Torpoint before now. And that I back onto a pub might sway him a bit more.
Already had visitors to stay. Got a friend coming down from Warwickshire next March plus my close friends from Kent will be here early next year. Plus my brother in law wants to come and stay.
Wait till people meet him. He maybe a wee bit eccentric but he has a heart of gold.

I've helped Allen get one of his boats ready to sell, been on the river with Allen when he moved his fishing boat into dry dock for the winter period.
Val has cooked me a few dinners, especially when I travel back from London. Saves me cooking a dinner, not that I would I'd probably would make do with a sandwich.
I've been on two holidays with the 'Southwest Crew", all MG Rover owners with a few other makes in as well. Allen, Val and I have joined the Cornish MG Owners club, been to there Xmas dinner as well.

When I have travelled back up to Essex, mainly on business, I have had no yearning to go back and look at the old place yet I lived there for nigh on 68 years, born there. I did drive past the first time but not been back since. Even when I met up with a few friends we met in the local pub in Barkingside. I know the new people have had the flat altered back to how it was plus put a loft conversion in. And that the twins were born 3 months ago, my old neighbour Jan has made it her business to be friendly towards them. No doubt they park one of their cars on her drive, just like I used to.

So, yes, I love it down here.

No going back..........................

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 13th December 2018 at 12:35.. Reason: Located the lost letters
Old 17th December 2018, 19:28   #259
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool It's best to check the destination...............................

............................................. on the front of the bus before getting on, still it was a nice ride into Plymouth. Been fighting a cold and not been out for nearly 4 days so I thought today would be a good idea to get some fresh air in my lungs. But first i popped over to the post box to send some late Xmas cards off. I had locked up and had my nice new coat on.

I saw a bus which was going to Plymouth central, that will do I thought except I did not get as far as the stop as another bus came along so I just got on having no idea where it was going. I just assumed it was going to Plymouth. Doubt started to creep in when it turned down a road I had not been down. But the confidence was soon back as the bus emerged into the Street. Then it crossed over the bridge and turned right towards St. Budeaux. Going the right way then.

I kept seeing signs for the City Centre but the bus kept turning away. Hmmm!!! I wonder where I'm going. Saw a sign for the Torpoint Ferry and discovered something that was close to my heart. For I discovered the "Headway" Charity brain injury unit. A charity very close to my heart. They looked after my Val and me after during Val's turn in the London Hospital. A very interesting and helpful charity. There head office is in Homerton Hospital in Hackney East London.

Well the bus zoomed past, but I made a mental note to come back and pop in. And the bus continued on it's way, turning down side roads. The plus side was it was filling up with people, always a good sign. I then it went past Devonport so I knew I was going the right way. Worst thing was I could get off the bus and get on another one.
Then the bus turned and Hey! Ho! I was in the City Centre. Got off the bus and made a mental note of where to catch the bus on the way back.

Found a "House of Fraser" and went in and looked for the Perfume counter, No not for me. I wanted to get a Xmas present for a certain lady whom I would be seeing over Xmas. No, no nothing I like that, just a very special friend who has been fighting the Big C. Once the perfume was bought I then went in search of a NatWest bank. And there it was at the end of the precinct I needed to pay my winnings in from my Premium Bond win. Once done I had a wander round.

Then I went in search of the 'Hoe', last time I was here was when Allen & Val brought me to the ceramic Poppy display at the war memorial in 2016. Boy! was it chilly up by the memorial, glad I had my new coat on. The sun was disappearing behind the rain clouds. But time to get a few photo's, yes always got a camera with me. On a clear day you can see Eddystone Light house, but not today. Next visit I'll carry on down to the Barbican centre, been before but always worth another visit at some point.

Weather now turning colder so I started back towards the bus stop. Down past the anchor that belonged to HMS Ark Royal. Onward I went. Found my bus stop and waited a whole 1 minute before a bus appeared. Now just because it said Saltash on the front it does not mean it's going past where I live. Still I found parts of Saltash I've never seen before. Bus was soon back at the top of Fore Street.

So I then walked home past the library, past the Police Station, Past the Saltash football club, past the leisure centre. past the fire station. It was further than I thought but soon home.
Glad I done what I did.

Some photo's of my trip.

On the bus over the Tamar looking towards Dartmoor.
Ark Royals anchor.
Ark Royals plaque.
War Memorial.
Monument.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0475.jpg (135.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0483.jpg (138.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0485.jpg (134.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0490.jpg (145.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0493.jpg (136.9 KB, 6 views)

onen hag oll
Old 17th December 2018, 19:34   #260
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

A few more photo's..............................

Two pictures of the light house on the Hoe.
Looking back over the Hoe. Be a good place to have a National car meet.
Memorial to the pilots who gave there all through the two World Wars
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0496.jpg (139.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0504.jpg (131.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0508.jpg (136.8 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0519.jpg (132.2 KB, 5 views)

onen hag oll