Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Photography Corner
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th August 2016, 20:16   #1
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts
Default Oh no!

My daughter has used my camera to good effect winning a few local competitions and has decided she wants a camera of her own. What to buy as a starter camera, not too expensive in case she gets bored but good enough if she doesn't. Had to be Canon so she can borrow my lenses when required, opted for an 'as new' 40d from mpb, just need to sort a lens now. Alcohol or drugs might of been a cheaper hobby

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th August 2016, 20:44   #2
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
My daughter has used my camera to good effect winning a few local competitions and has decided she wants a camera of her own. What to buy as a starter camera, not too expensive in case she gets bored but good enough if she doesn't. Had to be Canon so she can borrow my lenses when required, opted for an 'as new' 40d from mpb, just need to sort a lens now. Alcohol or drugs might of been a cheaper hobby
I've still got my 7D for sale, plus a couple of nice Sigma lenses
Old 20th August 2016, 21:04   #3
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

I looked at your post before I bought the 40d, I didn't want to spend that much if I'm honest in case it's just an idea that doesn't take off and she gets bored

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
Old 20th August 2016, 21:14   #4
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
I looked at your post before I bought the 40d, I didn't want to spend that much if I'm honest in case it's just an idea that doesn't take off and she gets bored
I fully understand and I'm in no hurry to sell Mark
Would far rather the stuff goes to someone on here or through my camera club than farm it off onto EBay etc !

Hope your Daughter gets some pleasure out of it, she has certainly got a good teacher in her Dad

Last edited by coolcat; 21st August 2016 at 07:42..
coolcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st August 2016, 05:59   #5
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Thanks mate, hopefully it will inspire to to get out with mine

Old 21st August 2016, 07:05   #6
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Not a bad shop MPB, I have bought a couple of items off them in the past. The last time I browsed their store they still Frazles (Frazer) Nikon D80 who I bought it from and I had traded in for another camera.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote