Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th February 2013, 17:09   #1
andysee
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDTi connoisseur

Default Tip for fitting inline thermostat

Evening,
I've just fitted the inline stat and removed the full hose to make it easier. I found that a short length of 32mm waste pipe was perfect for pushing the stat home. I used about an 18" length of pipe, inserted the stat into the hose, put the pipe over the stat then pushed it home by holding the hose and pushing down, with the other end of the pipe on the ground. I got it to the required depth in about 10 seconds!!!
The hardest part of tho whole procedure was getting the hose off the rad end - is there a trick to those b***** spring hose clips?!
Andy
Done: Plenum spyhole, Screenwash cap shave, Mirror switches, Bonnet release, Bonnet switch, Parking sensors, PCV filter Inline stat, Rear seat release, alarm problem isolated, viton o-rings, mondeo lower engine mount, experimental handbrake compensator (still going strong), drum brakes adjusted, dogs installed in boot
Todo: plumb under-bonnet clutch reservoir

www.andyapps.co.uk

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
andysee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2013, 17:37   #2
wuzerk
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT 03 auto Conn. SE

Default HOSE Clips

I think the problem with removing the complete hose is that there is an internal O ring in the plastic section which probably cooks itself to the metal over a period of time.
wuzerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th February 2013, 17:39   #3
galaxyclass
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT+ 190

I normally use a pair of mould grips with a bit of pvc tape wrapped around the jaws of the grips, that way you can clamp them open then remove, although sometimes there isn't enough room for them, works in most cases though.
Mods done - Spyhole mod - Xenons - Blue dash lights (except message centre) - VIS indicators - Illuminated sun visors - Drivers grab handle - Smiley plate - Rear electric blind - Handbrake compensator.

Mods to do - Powerfolds - Better ICE - Headlight washers - Heated seats - cruise - And loads more i can't remember.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
galaxyclass is offline   Reply With Quote