Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd May 2010, 20:23   #11
FROGGY
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT CDTI

Hi John

Welcome to the club.
I don't usually do this, but if you become a paid up member you get access to a lot of technical documents and how-to's. There is a very good one on checking plenums, which is probably THE most important check to do on any of the 75's or ZT's.

The VIS motors have already been mentioned, and once again there is a lot of info available.

£10 I think is the present rate, which is less than the price of a Haynes manual (which doesn't actually tell you what the problem is, only how to change the bit you know is faulty).

Enjoy your car, they're a great motor.

Mick

IN THE BLACK NOW
FROGGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2010, 20:33   #12
River Clyde Connie
Banned

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Connie

Thanks for that advice Mick. This is the nicest car I have ever owned and would like to continue the good care it has obviously had. So as a complete novice I think a tenner for access to useful tips is a steal. I presume there is a thread with details of membership. I shall look for it now.

John
River Clyde Connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2010, 20:36   #13
2Diesels
Trader

ZT 260SE, Connoisseur CDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by River Clyde Connie View Post
Thanks for that advice Mick. This is the nicest car I have ever owned and would like to continue the good care it has obviously had. So as a complete novice I think a tenner for access to useful tips is a steal. I presume there is a thread with details of membership. I shall look for it now.

John
Just click the Ford Badge(sorry subscribe button) top right & follow instructions
2Diesels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2010, 20:41   #14
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Diesels View Post
Just click the Ford Badge(sorry subscribe button) top right & follow instructions

Yeh, thought the powers that be would have sorted that one by now

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th May 2010, 12:23   #15
EnEnGee
Posted a thing or two

CDT Tourer (SORN) & 2.0 V6 Saloon

Welcome on board.

The 2.0 V6 is the lesser of the two KV6 engined cars. It has less power, less torque and a lower top speed than the 2.5 version, but unfortunately, the MPG is not very much different. You will find it lights up at around 3,000rpm (at least thats where mine comes to life) if both VIS valves are healthy.

Most of the engine is common with the 2.5 litre, but the 2.0 litre has a shorter stroke. As before, the two VIS valves (variable induction system) will make it seem sluggish if not working. As said before, if there is no evidence of the cam belts being done, that should be a priority or your smile may disappear rapidly. Get the thermostat and water pump done at the same time. It can be DIYed but certainly not for the faint hearted and locking tools are required.

That said, we bought a 2.0 V6 Connoisseur SE as a second car last year to go with our diesel estate, purely because we found one that was a cracking buy. It had very good history + cam belts and was in good nick (though not perfect) with all the accessories working. Would have preferred the 2.5 but you can't have everything. It has been a good car and has enough power and top speed for our tastes, and we are very pleased with it, also a 51 plate by the way.

Of course it shares the glorious V6 howl with the 2.5 version so that puts plenty smiles on my face.

Good Luck with your new toy, and may I recommend subscribing, it will pay itelf back very quickly. There is plenty information floating around on here, and everyone is very friendly. Look for a club meet near you and meet some of the members - there are plenty in the Central Belt area.
EnEnGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th May 2010, 01:21   #16
Scribbler.
Gets stuck in

Rover 75. Saloon. Red. V6. 2.5.

hello and welcome aboard John, one of your questions was, "can you improve performance", the simple answer is YES my friend, fit a "ron-box" and set it up correctly to give improved pulling power as many deisel 2.L. connie owners here can advise you on. Mine's a 2.5 Kv6 so not much help there but I know enough to say it definately can be done fairly simply. Give James.uk a Pm he's done his I know and, good luck. Mike.
Scribbler. is offline   Reply With Quote