Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st June 2013, 20:29   #31
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Having spoken to people in the industry the premmium increase does make some sort of sense. The look at lots of maths and statistics, they all tell all the insurance companies that if you are involved in an accident you are more likely to claim in another accident in the next couple of years. Unfair or otherwise that's what it tells them.
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 20:35   #32
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

I believe thats because once you have claimed once you are more confident in doing so again, rather than the fact that you are at higher risk of having an accident. Even IF thats the case, and im not sure I believe them, it shouldnt be allowed as a statistic used for insurance.

Ive always believed that everyone should pay a flat fee that only increases IF you claim and only if you are at fault.
Old 21st June 2013, 20:40   #33
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovexCDTi View Post
I believe thats because once you have claimed once you are more confident in doing so again, rather than the fact that you are at higher risk of having an accident. Even IF thats the case, and im not sure I believe them, it shouldnt be allowed as a statistic used for insurance.

Ive always believed that everyone should pay a flat fee that only increases IF you claim and only if you are at fault.
I can't say I saw that the stats myself (not being able to understand them myself not being an actuary) but I believe them. Ins companies aim for the most accurate stats available, it's in their interests. If they are out widely with their estimates and they just jack the prices up for no good reasons they'll have reduced business, that's no good to them.
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 20:53   #34
rovexCDTi
This is my second home

MG ZT+ 135

Given that some companies dont jack up the price in this situation then something smell fishy..
Old 21st June 2013, 21:07   #35
Jay160
Gets stuck in

ZT160T RioRed "Lucifer"

Last year I had my tf insured with best which I wrote off down a ditch in the snow coming back from buying the zt

Insurance paid out very well and I had to insure the zt two days later
the zt was only 100 more taking account of accident and they mistakingly didn't take into account my 16 years ncb
That was all sorted this year on renewal
Also had a none fault claim last year on the zt and had no problems apart from them trying to use there repaired but kept it in my own repairers..badgered everyday though
Upgraded 190 Brakes(not yet as they sent 160 brakes)
Calipers painted Black
Auto Boot Lift
Handbrake Mod
LEDS changed to blue Inside
Vanity Visors Added
Red Silicone Turbo Pipes
Coolant Pipes being changed Silicone slowly
Turbo Feed Moved from T-Piece
Alloy Inlet Manifold ..Being Done
Dvd Player
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=120739
Jay160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st June 2013, 21:20   #36
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

I understand the whole risk thing, and appreciate statistics are statistically the best method of calculating statistics for a broad spectrum of motorists. In modern times these bullstats are used to generalise people which I personally think is wrong.
Ie; i'm statistically more likely to make a repeat claim now i've made my first!
I'm not a raging lunatic raping ducks and swans and getting a taste for it before moving on to humans. I'm just a bloke with a wife and kids driving his pride and joy to work. I am not a criminal.

I think it has got out of hand and I think far too many factors are considered in insurance premiums;

"do you expel intestinal gas more frequently than average Sir....well your dietary needs must be open to scrutiny and we will have to increase your premium as you may experience precipitation during one of these flatulent events and this may cause you to temporarily lose concentration and cause an accident".

Imagine how many people have never made a claim and never got points but due to a 'No fault claim' have been unable to continue motoring through the hiked premiums. That can't be right, nor can it be fair.
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2013, 15:06   #37
Roverite
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyg2011 View Post
'you just have to rise above it .'
The problem with that, is if everyone accepts these things and never moans, or tries to do something, the cheating will just increase.

I used to only insure on a third party, fire and theft basis, but when the premiums became more expensive than fully comp., I asked why? I was told that even though the car I was insuring was of low value, it was possible to have a multi-million pound third party claim, following a multi-vehicle motorway pile-up. Up until then, I had considered that any damage that I did to my car, could be put right by myself, without claiming off the insurance company. I presume that the 'suing culture' of today has pushed up claim values, out of all proportion to the actual loss sustained; enter the lawyers!

I currently use A-plan insurance brokers and have been pleased with their service over the last four years. Another problem with insurance companies, is who actually owns them? The AA, RAC and Saga are all owned by 'venture capitalists', whose job is to maximise profits by any means possible.

Roverite.

Last edited by Roverite; 22nd June 2013 at 15:09..
Roverite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2013, 15:17   #38
Tatts
This is my second home

MG6 TL

I can understand my annual premium being loaded if the accident was my fault. Even with protected NCD.

But in the OP's case, it wasn't his fault. I struggle to see how insurance companies justify loading a policy for a no fault claim - afterall everything comes off the other persons policy.

So both the culprit & victim has to pay more.. Nice little earner that for the business.
Tatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2013, 21:57   #39
Jay160
Gets stuck in

ZT160T RioRed "Lucifer"

Thought I would add also that when I had my none fault I asked peter best if the accident would increase my premiums any
And there reply was no .only if my insurance got all the money back from the other parties insurance,otherwise yes
If it had been yes I would have put my loss onto my personal loss claim
Upgraded 190 Brakes(not yet as they sent 160 brakes)
Calipers painted Black
Auto Boot Lift
Handbrake Mod
LEDS changed to blue Inside
Vanity Visors Added
Red Silicone Turbo Pipes
Coolant Pipes being changed Silicone slowly
Turbo Feed Moved from T-Piece
Alloy Inlet Manifold ..Being Done
Dvd Player
http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=120739
Jay160 is offline   Reply With Quote