Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st October 2008, 10:33   #11
Per Ardua
Loves to post

ZT-T 190+

Location: Sipping fine port in a drawing room in Sleaford, Lincs.

As a military man I am preparing myself for the coming energy crisis:

I have a full leather suit ready and have been working on my anti-biker-gang warfare tactics. I have plans for minor modifications to the ZT-T including ultra long-range petrol tanks in lieu of the boot space, matt-black paint work and a huge supercharger poking out of the bonnet. In addition I have been practicing my gruff Australian accent...
Per Ardua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 18:51   #12
Petrow
Avid contributor

75 V8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Petrow that's a very interesting summary set of comments you have made. If you have some further information that can be shared amongst fellow members then I think it would make for fascinating reading. Like many others I often get a bit irritated by the constant brow beating we are exposed to by pressure groups who have the ears of the media and the almost one-sided nature of the debate does get on a lot of people's nerves I think.
Thank you for your kind comment, Pete. I will chip in now and again, but I don't want to overdo it at the risk of boring everyone. I could fill many pages with information that doesn't find its way into the very one-sided media 'debate'. You are right to be sceptical of the media and pressure groups, and I'll be doing my little best to offset the bias from time to time. Thank you, again.

Peter
Petrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2008, 19:01   #13
Simon
Banned

-

You wont bore me - I like reading scientific stuff. The other night, for example, I spent a good couple of ours browsing the JET research facility and nuclear fusion as an electrical energy producing alternative. Very interesting reading it was too.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2008, 21:40   #14
Petrow
Avid contributor

75 V8

Temperatures - up and down.

These are graphs of surface temperatures for the US issued by the Goddard Institute for Space Studies (GISS), published in 1999 and again in 2008. They are - supposedly- the same data, with an update. The guy in charge of the records is Dr. Hansen, who seems to have a yen for fiddling the figures to suit his own strong global warmist leanings. Note how the results change over the time range. Why? Well, one excuse is that they have been adjusted to allow for the urban heat island effect (UHI). But why should that make earlier results lower and recent results higher? You think that more urbanisation and more people would increase the UHI, so the "adjustment" should, if anything, be made to reduce the recent results relative to the older ones to give a "fair comparison".
Here, in fact is an example of things you are told which you should definitely not believe. When scientists fiddle results to make them agree with their preconceived ideas then there's something disturbingly amiss.
The trouble is I have found this sort of misinformation in almost everything the global warming scaremongers push out to unsuspecting Joe public, uncritical journalists, and dimwit politicians.

Here's another piece that may amuse you, and make you think on:-

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/m.../16/do1610.xml
Old 17th November 2008, 21:45   #15
Petrow
Avid contributor

75 V8

Oops, sorry. I should have said credit to the blog "Watts up with that?", for the temperature blink graph. Anthony Watts is a former TV meteorologist and, like many of his ilk, is sceptical of the global warming scam.

Last edited by Petrow; 17th November 2008 at 21:58..
Old 18th November 2008, 19:55   #16
mach1rob
Gets stuck in

But I thought they had a serious rethink about this "Global WARMING" malarky when it was shown the temperature wasn't going up like stated, so slowly without anyone really paying much notice changed it to "CLIMATE CHANGE"!

I can't believe people swallowed it! But then I suppose people believe everything they're told when they want to! Me? I think it's a load of old poppyc0ck! Just glad there are people like Petrow here to say to the ecomentalists erm hang on a minute... Keep up the good work
mach1rob is offline   Reply With Quote