Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th October 2018, 10:19   #1
Lord of Hog
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 V6 in Wedgwood Blue

Default V6 Intake Chamber. The usual

Having recently noticed a rattle from the engine yesterday I decided to whip off the power VIS and see if all was well. On removing the motor I discovered that the control arm had moved through 90 degrees so the slot was in the vertical plane rather than the horizontal. No wonder the power VIS was making no contribution! Anyone got any suggestions how this may have come to be?

As soon as I can get my hands on a replacement chamber I'm going to see about opening up the old one with a view to either carrying out a repair (I know received wisdom is that this is impossible but I'm prepared to give it a go) or simply stripping out the butterflies and re-sealing. Anybody got a non-rattling unit they're prepared to contribute / sell cheaply to allow this experiment to commence?

UPDATE: Managed to find a replacement chamber on the Web Of Inter and haggled a bit so it was almost affordable. Apparently it's rattle-free and comes with two working VIS's and the throttle body. I plan to swap it over in the next couple of weeks (time, weather and girlfriend allowing) and then start playing with the knackered one that comes off.

One final question: the seller tells me the replacement unit came off a ZT but I forgot to ask if it was a 190 or not. In the eventuality that it did and has the throttle body with the part number ending 370 instead of the 240, is there anything to stop me fitting it as is, or would I need to re-fit my existing one?

Conformity is not morality.
Consensus is not truth.

Last edited by Lord of Hog; 21st October 2018 at 11:02.. Reason: Update
Lord of Hog is offline   Reply With Quote