Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The Midlands
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11th September 2018, 15:19   #1
squire
Posted a thing or two

MGB GT, 2 Morris Minor Travellers

Wink Nano social nights

An early reminder that a week today, Tuesday, 18th September is the Nano monthly social night.

If you are intending to come please reply to this new post, if only 3/4 people are coming it's not really worth while having a social meet, don't want anyone making a wasted journey
Thanks,
Martyn

Last edited by squire; 11th September 2018 at 15:26.. Reason: Addition
Old 12th September 2018, 07:32   #2
derek v
Loves to post

Rover 75 V6

Default Nano social

If it wasn't for the fact i'm a night worker I would be there. I know one thing though. On a nano weekend the field gets packed with around 30+car on the field on a Saturday and over 25+ on a Sunday. But the trouble is the pub is not benefiting from the 75 club owners. They need people to support the Pub. Like breakfast and the odd few drinks over the weekend. But unfortunately this is not happening. Saturday breakfasts only had 11 people in and Sunday 5 of us turned up. How long do you think the managers of the pub will continue to let the nano have the field for free. Yvette and Kevin were not happy at all Sunday morning. use it or lose it is whats going to happen next
Old 12th September 2018, 09:08   #3
squire
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek v View Post
If it wasn't for the fact i'm a night worker I would be there. I know one thing though. On a nano weekend the field gets packed with around 30+car on the field on a Saturday and over 25+ on a Sunday. But the trouble is the pub is not benefiting from the 75 club owners. They need people to support the Pub. Like breakfast and the odd few drinks over the weekend. But unfortunately this is not happening. Saturday breakfasts only had 11 people in and Sunday 5 of us turned up. How long do you think the managers of the pub will continue to let the nano have the field for free. Yvette and Kevin were not happy at all Sunday morning. use it or lose it is whats going to happen next
Sadly I'm inclined to agree with you Derek, I only had breakfast as I thought the numbers were a bit low, I don't normally have breakfast and, for me personally, i didn't particularly enjoy it, but that's just me. At the end of the day though, people make their own choice and the pub can also do what they wish about the field. What the answer is I don't know, is it right to charge £1 per car per day, that could be construed that it is against the Nano ethos, which is why the donation tin is left to the discretion of individuals.

No doubt the Nano crew will give it some thought and no doubt appreciate ideas.

Martyn
Old 12th September 2018, 21:02   #4
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek v View Post
I Have to say Derek is bang on the button with this, I for one am a culprit I have not had a breakfast at the Nano meet this year, mainly due to me trying my hardest to lose some weight.

We do need to have a good chat at the next meet or even at the up coming social meet if enough can make it, again I did not turn up to the last one due to family issues, we used to get quite a few going but it dropped off when Sam & Dan took it over, hopefully now Yvette and Kevin have got it permanent we can once get it to build up.

Maybe we need to start a thread on the nano forum about this situation, I know that the pub meals need to be sorted out also as I have heard and seen that they do not do meals after 19.00pm that is on the weekends also when the meet is on, quite a few of us have to go home get changed and try to get back for 18.30pm which after a busy meet is hard to do, discussions need to be started on the Nano that's for sure.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Old 14th September 2018, 15:28   #5
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Although Marina and I travel over two hours each way and book in at the nearest hotel so we can help out Sat and Sun we still make sure we have breakfast at the pub, sorry we cannot make the social nights.
If the pub did B&B that would be perfect.
As Arctic has said, if there is nothing in it for the pub, it will not continue to happen. If there is no increase in trade for the pub I can see a cost to camp and/or a field rent fee being introduced.

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
Old 14th September 2018, 18:44   #6
squire
Posted a thing or two

I doubt I'll be able to make the social night on Tuesday, I have some family business to attend to in Hertfordshire and I am not sure I'll be back in time.
My apologies.

Martyn
Old 16th September 2018, 17:24   #7
Organiser
I really should get out more.......

ZT-T+180 Auto & ZT-T+1.8T in Trophy Blue, ZT-T CDTI+135 Auto in Ignition Blue, ZT-T+190 in Typhoon,

Thumbs up

Hi all,

I should be there on Tuesday but by the look of things it may be only a few of us again?

Tom.
Old 16th September 2018, 17:29   #8
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Organiser View Post
Hi all,

I should be there on Tuesday but by the look of things it may be only a few of us again?

Tom.
Tom check the nano forum for the list and post

ad altiora tendo.

Old 16th October 2018, 17:17   #9
squire
Posted a thing or two

Exclamation NEXT NANO SOCIAL NIGHT. 23rd, October

The next Nano social night is Tuesday 23rd, October according to the Nano website calendar due to the Nano weekend having only just finished a couple of days ago.
Old 16th October 2018, 18:32   #10
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by squire View Post
The next Nano social night is Tuesday 23rd, October according to the Nano website calendar due to the Nano weekend having only just finished a couple of days ago.
Hi Martin.
You are bang on record hopefully there will be a few there being that the nano meets have finished

ad altiora tendo.

Closed Thread