Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 7th May 2014, 08:00   #1
Challenger
Loves to post

Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTi Tourer

Default Your plans for the summer

Anyone taking their 75 abroad this summer? I'm taking our recently acquired tourer down to deepest Aquitaine this July. I still have a few things to do before it's 'holiday ready' - just its new MOT, tax, MAF, EGR bypass, remap etc..

When I say, 'just'... I guess it's relative!

In the meantime here's a link to a thread I posted on the events section. Maybe some of you could have a think and see if there might be a possibility of a joint trip at some later date? http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=182770
Challenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 08:14   #2
Brabus
This is my second home

01 75 tourer cdt,1973 Rover 3500S,,1974 Rover 3500 Auto,1998 216 SE Coupe, 1968 Morris Minor 1000

Mines going to be resting at home. We going away in the wife's X-Trail. Keeps the miles down on the old girl. And also stops the kids bouncing round it on a long trip.
121st 75 Tourer to be made
15th 75 Tourer CDT Club SE to be made
36th 75 Tourer in Zircon Silver Metallic to be made

Membership No 903

I was one of the 541
Brabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 08:34   #3
FezzyFox
Loves to post

MG ZT+ 180 Sports Auto

I'm Driving my Zed to Berlin in August in convoy, and after the weekend spent there, we'll be coming back 'Via' The nurburgring

Cant wait
Commission #24666
FezzyFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 08:45   #4
patrolman pete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 club se tourer CDT and a Connoisseur SE Diesel Auto Saloon

Our Dover to Calais ferry is booked for the 30th June . We decided to take our tent this year and got a good deal at Palafrugell on the Costa Brava and can't wait. My route this year is to stop at the Travelodge in Margate on the 29th , then drive from Calais to Niort in France for an over night stop before heading to our destination for 2 weeks . We'll do a bit of touring around the area and will return via Beaune for another over night stay before heading back to Calais.
In the 11 years that I,ve had my tourer we've been as far as the French Alps to down to Alicante and many places in between and every mile has been a joy in this car.
patrolman pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 11:04   #5
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrolman pete View Post
Our Dover to Calais ferry is booked for the 30th June . We decided to take our tent this year and got a good deal at Palafrugell on the Costa Brava and can't wait. My route this year is to stop at the Travelodge in Margate on the 29th , then drive from Calais to Niort in France for an over night stop before heading to our destination for 2 weeks . We'll do a bit of touring around the area and will return via Beaune for another over night stay before heading back to Calais.
In the 11 years that I,ve had my tourer we've been as far as the French Alps to down to Alicante and many places in between and every mile has been a joy in this car.
Came back through Niort in France from where we stayed down by Perpignan last September. We like continent hopping. We have been as far as Agropoli down the far side of Italy,below Napoli, in the 220sd Rover we had in 2006. Already been to Germany this April. Good luck in your adventure. France is a lovely place to drive round,we love the Loire Valley area, not much traffic, not like this overcrowded island of ours. Unless you head for Scotland.

Last edited by bl52krz; 7th May 2014 at 11:05.. Reason: TRY THE WINE WHEN YOU GET TO BEAUNE,DONT DRIVE THE NEXT DAY THOUGH.
bl52krz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 11:13   #6
sikelsh
This is my second home

MGF

Going on this http://www.twoballbangerrally.co.uk/ with my ZT, was going to do it in banger class and buy another car, and then I looked at the route and thought I really want to do the Stelvio Pass in my car, not some clapped out banger.

Simon
Old 7th May 2014, 11:56   #7
drewesq
Posted a thing or two

75 Tourer Auto

I really enjoy France too, I have a dog now though and wouldn't want to go away without him. He is fully chipped and has a pet passport, but I am paranoid I'll get something wrong and he'll get quarantined!

Does anyone else go to France with their hound that could give me any tips or reassure me it is easy?

I would be going to the Northern Alps as my mate has a chalet there, I love the mountains and would move there if I won the lotto!!

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/212752.png
drewesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2014, 12:26   #8
Challenger
Loves to post

I have no experience of travelling with dogs. Driving one, yes.

Interesting to note the the twoball banger rally costs £250 to enter. And apart from 24-hour support (dunno what that includes - certainly not recovery) and some points/prizes incentive doesn't seem to offer more than the Citroen Classic Challenge 2015 at £85. And for that you get a souvenir book at the end of it! Also it lasts 9 days and covers over twice the distance. Anyway, if and when we do a 75 Road Trip in France I'll ensure prices are kept to a minimum so we can spend more on preparing the cars

FYI visit https://www.facebook.com/CitroenClassic
Old 8th May 2014, 12:39   #9
petespieces
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewesq View Post
Does anyone else go to France with their hound that could give me any tips or reassure me it is easy?
All you need to know is here.

https://www.gov.uk/take-pet-abroad
petespieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2014, 12:30   #10
Challenger
Loves to post

As per my other thread regarding continental travel: I have been thinking about a long weekend/4-5 days for MG/Rover/75 drivers, possibly later this year or next year, visiting this place: http://www.manoir-automobile.fr/welcome/index.php - it really is stunning.

At this very early stage, I reckon on a crossing to Dieppe via Newhaven: It's about £78 return out of peak season. Dieppe to an overnight in Alençon then, day two, on to Loheac for lunch. The afternoon is spent at the museum and then the overnight would be Dinan. Day three would take us and our prized steeds to an overnight at Honfleur via Pegasus Bridge (and Ranville Museum/Memorial) and then after a leisurely start over the Pont Normandie back to Dieppe for the 18:00 crossing.

Anyone up for this trip?: Called, provisionally 'Le Jolly'