Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd October 2017, 14:12   #1
ROVER2003

Post I have decided not to scrap my rover

After a lot of thinking i am not scrapping her because she came off the production line on 6 February 2003 the day i was born so i am now going to restore her so will be off the road for a few years maybe or will be restored and used i will show her day by day i will first check if engine parts needs replacing and then clean the engine bay up then replace the axle and wires then Christmas time may put leather seats in what do you think
Old 22nd October 2017, 14:51   #2
David Lawrence
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT-2001

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROVER2003 View Post
After a lot of thinking i am not scrapping her because she came off the production line on 6 February 2003 the day i was born so i am now going to restore her so will be off the road for a few years maybe or will be restored and used i will show her day by day i will first check if engine parts needs replacing and then clean the engine bay up then replace the axle and wires then Christmas time may put leather seats in what do you think
Save her. You are doing the right thing. Of course i may be biased
David Lawrence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2017, 16:01   #3
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Smile

Quote:
You are doing the right thing, I swear to God it will change your life!.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2017, 17:47   #4
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
I think you should work hard at school and learn about punctuation.

Capital letters also have their uses; it's the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

A good command of written English will help with getting a well paid job and therefore the money you will need for your Rover.
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2017, 18:20   #5
derek v
Loves to post

Rover 75 V6

You're doing the right thing not to scrap her. Over the years i've scrapped loads of Rover, SD1, Range Rovers, 720's and looking back wish i hadn't. But now with this rover 75 it's going to stay with me for a few years.
derek v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2017, 19:11   #6
LeRich
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Cont SE 1.8T

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacuman View Post
I think you should work hard at school and learn about punctuation.

Capital letters also have their uses; it's the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

A good command of written English will help with getting a well paid job and therefore the money you will need for your Rover.
A bit condescending, but at the highlighted above.
Old 22nd October 2017, 19:26   #7
mininuts
This is my second home

Cooper S 210

Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,631 Posts

Good decision Thomas, especially as your Rover is exactly the same age as you!

Sounds like you're hoping Santa's going to be bringing you a set of leather seats for Christmas

2016 MINI Cooper S 210 : 2000 Rover 75 CDT Classic SE : 2009 Freelander 2 GS : 2000 Mini Cooper Sport : 1986 Mini Mayfair : 1980 Mini Pickup : 1971 Mini Cooper S
mininuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2017, 19:37   #8
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacuman View Post
I think you should ... learn about punctuation.
Capital letters also have their uses .. A good command of written English will help with getting a well paid job ...
That's good advice Stan. However, Thomas' posting has correct spelling throughout and, despite the absence of commas and full stops, makes perfect sense. I regularly see far worse on this forum from people well over fourteen years of age which passes without comment.

Simon
Old 22nd October 2017, 20:24   #9
mbonwick
Gets stuck in

Connoisseur SE 1.8 Auto Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
That's good advice Stan. However, Thomas' posting has correct spelling throughout and, despite the absence of commas and full stops, makes perfect sense. I regularly see far worse on this forum from people well over fourteen years of age which passes without comment.

Simon
For me at least, the main problem with Thomas' posting is a combination of punctuation and phrasing.

Somehow his sentences just run together and I find it hard to decode the meaning, moreso than other contributers.
mbonwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2017, 20:52   #10
tantallon
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 SALOON

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbonwick View Post
For me at least, the main problem with Thomas' posting is a combination of punctuation and phrasing.

Somehow his sentences just run together and I find it hard to decode the meaning, moreso than other contributers.
He is the only 14 years old poster .Give the lad a break.
tantallon is offline   Reply With Quote