Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th October 2007, 19:28   #1
Boz75
Regular poster

Rover 75 2.5 KV6

Thumbs down Question for worried 2.5 auto owner - VIS motors

Hi fellow 75 drivers,
After 2000 troublefree miles in my immaculate W reg 75 2.5 auto with only33800 miles under her belt the engine seems to have developed a faint ticking. I noticed it for the first time this evening coming home from york after an hours drive. I always listen for fans etc when i get out at home but tonight i could hear a very quiet ticking from the engine bay. i quickly opened the bonnet and sure enough there was a definite and regular noise coming directly from the inlet manifold (pack of sausages) on top of the engine that was not there when i had the bonnet up on monday. It is definately not a loud death rattle and it cannot be heard inside the cabin just spoils the smoothness when you are stood outside. Funnily enough i had on my way home from york (about 1 hour) noticed the car felt slightly less spritely than usual but thought nothing of it as the engine still made its wonderfull silken bellow, so put it down to my Roveractive imagination. Now i am not too sure!

In Summary and after extensive research on this wonderous site i have come across the inlet manifold issue for the Kv6. I am hoping all i need to change is the motors and not the full manifold as the noise is not that bad and there doesn't seem to be a very noticable performance shortfall. i would just like some helpful advice on this so i can get Cybil back to rude health as soon as possible.

Thanks everyone
Ross

P.s. sorry for the long post its my first one and i just wanted to be nice and clear.
Boz75 is offline   Reply With Quote