Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st July 2016, 09:38   #1
Valkman
Avid contributor

ROVER SE 75 CDTI

Default Noise on nearside after master cylinder change.

I got the metal slave/master and clutch done a few months ago. Since then i have been getting a noise when depressing the clutch. I suspected a bad mechanic install and thought the slave was damaged.
So this week I got another mechanic to install another slave. Even though the bearing was knackered in the slave the noise is still there. I will learn to live with it but now I got a loud noise under hard acceleration ( more noticeable in 1st and 2nd ) between about 2 and 3 tho revs. You can feel it more on the passenger side like something out of balance. Its very noticeable.
I am giving the car back to the mechanic this week but I would like to have some expert opinion on it from someone here first so I know what I am talking about.
Thanks guys....
Valkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2016, 09:48   #2
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

I have no experience of a manual 75/ZT, however I have read the thrust bearing can give issues if extra care is not given to it during fitting. I am sure some of the experts will be able to give you, your source of issues. Perhaps a search for thrust bearing may show up some clues for you in the meantime

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st August 2016, 08:16   #3
Valkman
Avid contributor

ROVER SE 75 CDTI

Thanks for the reply. After a bit more reading I'm not sure the new noise is release bearing related but could be wrong. I'm sick of giving my Rover to guys that clearly don't know what they are doing. I'm in south Ireland in Wicklow and there is no one here that does them.
The noise is not there when driving easy. But put the foot down and it comes in loud and clear.
Valkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd August 2016, 07:47   #4
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkman View Post
Thanks for the reply. After a bit more reading I'm not sure the new noise is release bearing related but could be wrong. I'm sick of giving my Rover to guys that clearly don't know what they are doing. I'm in south Ireland in Wicklow and there is no one here that does them.
The noise is not there when driving easy. But put the foot down and it comes in loud and clear.
My favorite answer to clutch noise if it is not bearings is the Lower Engine Mount, if that`s on it`s way out you can get all kind of creaks and groans
when pressing down on clutch down. Try bliping the accelerator in the lower gears "mini Kangaroos"
I may be way off mark but one never knows.
Good luck.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote