Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th December 2015, 20:11   #1
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts
Default Heater blower inside car not working

Hi everyone,
I've been working on my father-in-law's car it is an MGZT CDTI, however the automatic temperature control seems faulty.

the heater blower inside the car will not operate at any speed, the ATC illuminated correctly, I have removed the unit and checked the two rear plugs, checked all ATC related fuses and swapped the under bonnet relays ( heated rear screen for the fan) but to no avail, the ATC unit has also been swapped for a known good working one.

I'm starting to run out of ideas I'm wondering if I disconnect the BCU and reconnect it would it lose its coding? As I imagine the BCU sends the earth signal to the relay.
Any ideas would be welcome
Thanks in advance
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2015, 16:40   #2
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Micky,

My suggestion would be that you by-pass the electronic blower speed control module. It's on the side of the HVAC unit in the passenger footwell. One member had a faulty one of these, and another had a failed blower motor. There's been a thread fairly recently about this so I recommend a search; all the detail you need is there.

Simon
Old 16th December 2015, 19:05   #3
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Micky,

My suggestion would be that you by-pass the electronic blower speed control module. It's on the side of the HVAC unit in the passenger footwell. One member had a faulty one of these, and another had a failed blower motor. There's been a thread fairly recently about this so I recommend a search; all the detail you need is there.

Simon
Hi Simon I've just like to say thanks mate,

I've changed the transistor speed pack and that has fixed it, I also noted that with a volt meter if you connect the brown and the black it sends the fan motor into high-speed this could potentially save somebody the hassle in cold weather having to replace the transistor pack as a short term measure.
Kind regards Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote