Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th November 2015, 22:41   #21
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGRS View Post
The sensor isn't sat far enough in it's mounting hole - usually caused by rust build up on the hub.
Remove the sensor, clean everything up, and refit - it should be OK then.
It reads as if the signal is marginal and failing at low speed. Likely the end of the sensor needs to be closer to the 'ring'.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2015, 13:24   #22
maciejk
Avid contributor

99 Rover 75 CDT

thanks everyone, when i unplug the sensor i get no more pulsing, plug it back in and its pulsing, makes sense to try to move the sensor closer inwards, as I was putting it in place, there was a tiny gap about 1mm thick between the hub & the plastic sensor mounting, ring is clean, I span the disc brake around & took out a lot of dirt thru the sensor hole, i'll chissel the rust away & bring it closer see what happens

is this procedure the way it should be, turn the key to second position abs light comes on then quickly off, start cranking the engine it comes on, once engine started it goes out in 1 or 2 seconds

Last edited by maciejk; 1st December 2015 at 13:32..
maciejk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2015, 16:52   #23
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciejk View Post
thanks everyone, when i unplug the sensor i get no more pulsing, plug it back in and its pulsing, makes sense to try to move the sensor closer inwards, as I was putting it in place, there was a tiny gap about 1mm thick between the hub & the plastic sensor mounting, ring is clean, I span the disc brake around & took out a lot of dirt thru the sensor hole, i'll chissel the rust away & bring it closer see what happens

is this procedure the way it should be, turn the key to second position abs light comes on then quickly off, start cranking the engine it comes on, once engine started it goes out in 1 or 2 seconds
With it unplugged, the ABS will be completely disabled, therefore no judder.

The 'procedure' sounds wrong - the ABS light should just go off and back on the once, when you initially turn the ignition on - or at least it does on the MkII.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 5th December 2015, 19:41   #24
maciejk
Avid contributor

99 Rover 75 CDT

PROBLEM SOLVED pedal was pulsing only at low speeds (6mph or so) moved ABS sensor deeper in closer to the magnetic ring and the pulsing has stopped, my cruise control dosen't work still, wonder if my clutch pedal sensor gone out of place.
Old 15th December 2015, 22:42   #25
RoverRick

Rover 75 Saloon

PROBLEM SOLVED pedal was pulsing only at low speeds (6mph or so) moved ABS sensor deeper in closer to the magnetic ring and the pulsing has stopped, my cruise control dosen't work still, wonder if my clutch pedal sensor gone out of place.

Sorry, which wheel did you do this on? Rick
RoverRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th December 2015, 06:14   #26
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciejk View Post
Clutch and/or brake pedal sensor. Press each pedal down in turn, reach behind and push the sensor through. Then release the pedal slowly, to set the sensor.

Release the pedal too quickly and the sensor will be pushed too far out again.

Old 16th December 2015, 12:56   #27
maciejk
Avid contributor

99 Rover 75 CDT

weird thing is happening, ignition in 2nd ABS light comes on & goes off, while cranking ABS comes on & goes off again after the motor has started, sometimes ABS light does not come on again while cranking at all, could there still be something wrong there? ABS is working no ABS light coming on i checked while driving on ice.
cruise control still not working, after sensors adjustments, would a T4 scan show anything??? I had the car hooked up to a BOSCH code reader it only showed my ABS sensor

Last edited by maciejk; 16th December 2015 at 13:05..
maciejk is offline   Reply With Quote