Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th July 2019, 16:48   #11
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Hi Michael. I know where you are coming from. My wife has had operations on her eyes because of glaucoma. The last one was a tubelectomy, which has failed to work. Hope yours is solved soon. All the best mate.
Old 25th July 2019, 16:58   #12
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

I was only thinking the other day that you hadn't been around for a while.

Glad to see you back and that Denise is okay too.

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2019, 21:43   #13
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorset Bob View Post
I was only thinking the other day that you hadn't been around for a while.

Glad to see you back and that Denise is okay too.
That makes 2 of us! In fact I almost posted “has anyone heard from Saga Lout”
Old 13th August 2019, 13:37   #14
Bertie04

rover 75 connoisseur SE cdti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
I developed cataracts in both eyes, the first surgery went wrong, as did the second on the same eye. I wouldn't let the left one be done until the right one was corrected and it went blind for two years. After 7 eye surgeons including one professor of eye surgery had found nothing wrong, I finally got a surgeon that confirmed what I'd been saying, the second lens in the right eye was rolling from side to side. I had surgery to secure that lens but it didn't work out as it has gradually torn the inside of the eye and is in my vision all the time. I've not driven in the dark for 5 years so I've missed lots of shows and meets. The left eye has been done and I can read the smallest print now, the right eye will have more surgery on Monday next week and, I will be blind in it for up to 3 months whilst it heals after the removal of the lens that's stitched in. When the eye is settled I'll be getting the correct lens put in and will be able to see near and far again without blurred vision.
I have one eye for near vision and one for far, thus no glasses needed ever. In the initial days after the stitching of the lens the vision was incredible, reading number plates at 200 feet and, at the same time reading the smallest print, the eyes work together to give me the best it can be.
I hope things are well with you and I hope to catch a meet soon.
Thanks.
Hi Michael I am a rare poster, but the mention of Pewter caught my eye, it's such a rare and lovely colour, but when I saw this post I got a real sense of Deja vu, your experience sounds horrific and I thought mine was bad.

About seven years back, I developed cataracts in both eyes and being mid(ish) fifties I needed to get it sorted, unfortunately like you, the first op went wrong and for four months I was blind in my right eye. The left one was less bad so I like you waited a while after to sort that.

When the 'surgeon' performed the procedure, he was shall we say, a little agricultural in his method, he used the sonic probe to break up the lens so vigorously, the seat that the lens sits on detached too leaving nothing to mount it on. His bedside manner left a bit to be desired also.

Four months later under general anesthetic this time at the John Radcliffe in Oxford, they sewed a lens onto the outside of my eye under the viscous layer, a bit like a permanent contact.

Like you my sight was amazing at first and I had been long sighted in that eye, shortsighted in the other so vision now much better.

Being in that position is unpleasant for everyone, the fact I earn my crust as a photographer... well you can imagine

I had the other done about eight months after, again at the JR and all is now well, hopefully you have put all your issues behind you, but it's less fun than they make out, huh?

Not been here long enough to know what transplant your other half has had BUT it is great news for anyone going through that sort of surgery, so all the best to both of you.

I will keep a lookout for an update on the pewter 75, who knows, maybe I'll have spare cash by then

Stay well

Jim
Bertie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th August 2019, 15:15   #15
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

All the very best to you and your wife, your account of your treatment has left me breathless with admiration for your fortitude, really It does. Chris.S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2019, 08:58   #16
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default An Update.

I got the fourth eye op three weeks ago, it's settled down and healing very well. It's a strange feeling being blind in it although it's got a vision of colour and light in it. I've got some temporary glasses to enable me to drive but I look like Cosmo Smallpiece with them on, the left eye is set for near vision so it's a must to have them for now. I'm meeting the surgeon in a week or so to discuss the next surgery and what will be going into the eye, in the meantime I've been getting bits together for the 75 and will be offering it for sale before the end of the year, after fitting the new clutch etc it was a kicker to have the gearbox start playing up, the replacement has only done 46,000 miles and came from a one owner car that never saw 50mph, I'm betting it'll be perfect. I'm fitting the rear arms and springs at the back and, putting the front shockers on from the same car, it's all low mileage stuff and mint condition. It is, in effect turning the clock back on the Pewter car, the body has done 130,000 miles but the rest hasn't, the engine of course has only done 5000 since the new liners, pistons etc. I hope everyone is doing OK and I hope to `see` you all at some point.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote