Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 & ZT Gallery
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st September 2015, 05:55   #11
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
Mark, I'm sorry if this offends you but I think the Paceman is a hideous car, as ugly as sin. Give me the old Mini any day.
Just my opinion of course, and I do hope your daughter loves it as that's all that matters.
Your entitled to your opinion Jim but if you think it's 'hideous' then it may have been politer to keep it to yourself or just not comment. My daughter wanted a mini as her first car and this was her choice. We have a classic cooper S in the garage but her wheelchair doesn't fit in the boot!

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2016, 13:01   #12
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
My daughters new car

Mini Cooper Paceman by Mark, on Flickr

Now that is nice!
I wonder who is going to keep it all shiny and new?

From what I can see in the photographs it look as if it rides higher than the standard version.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2016, 13:24   #13
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Stunning photography, really impressive stuff. Reminds me why I love the Lake District - looks like the Canadian Rockies in some of those photos. The pic inside the dealers is equally impressive.

I hope your daughter thoroughly enjoys her new car.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2016, 17:14   #14
Parker
This is my second home

Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Auto (X350) & Hyundai Tuscon 2020

I have a countryman, very practical car and quite a good ride too. Being slightly higher than standard saloons but not crazy high like a 4 X 4 it is perfect for my 80 year old mum to get in and out. Spares are a crazy price though

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2016, 18:30   #15
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Neil, It's actually not that tall, my daughter can get in and out easier than the 75 but it has the sports handling pack so is quite low

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
Old 31st August 2016, 18:36   #16
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Stunning photography, really impressive stuff. Reminds me why I love the Lake District - looks like the Canadian Rockies in some of those photos. The pic inside the dealers is equally impressive.

I hope your daughter thoroughly enjoys her new car.

Cliff
Thank you, it's almost 12 months old now. The dealer puts photos on their Facebook page of new owners collecting their cars and they just use their mobiles, I asked if I could take them and pass them on instead. They seemed quite keen when I pulled out my 1d3 and 24/70 L. The non dealer photos were taken on the day of delivery at our local golf club which I'd used before for background shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
I have a countryman, very practical car and quite a good ride too. Being slightly higher than standard saloons but not crazy high like a 4 X 4 it is perfect for my 80 year old mum to get in and out. Spares are a crazy price though
I've not had to buy any parts yet although I ordered a touch up stick and was quoted £25, I was quite happy when they never contacted me to collect so I guess they forgot to order it. I turned up in my classic S and the parts guy seemed more interested in looking at that

Old 1st September 2016, 08:20   #17
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

Lovely car! Not sure on the colour but it has that charm as there arent many colours these days that are different to the millions of other cars floating round.
coab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2016, 08:48   #18
sworks
Been absent for a while…

There weren't that many colour options to be honest, my daughter wanted a similar colour to our classic S but it was only available on the standard MINI not this variant. She chose this with the white roof and at the time it was only the second one they had sold and the other was all green, hers had to have a white roof though.

Old 1st September 2016, 09:00   #19
Neil1
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T CDTI Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
There weren't that many colour options to be honest, my daughter wanted a similar colour to our classic S but it was only available on the standard MINI not this variant. She chose this with the white roof and at the time it was only the second one they had sold and the other was all green, hers had to have a white roof though.
That's absolutely right as well, you have to have a 'white roof'.

I bought a brand new mini in 1989, red with a white roof.
Neil1 is offline   Reply With Quote