Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > All Other Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th July 2015, 05:35   #1
StuPiddname

Rover 75 tourer

Default S-nav uk 'freedom camera'?

Hi,
I'm new round here so pls forgive any faux pas, ignorance and\or stupidity issues for at least a short while!
Im trying to learn but the complexity of the 75 means the learning curve is a little steeper than expected...
Getting to the point, I tried to remove my radio for the first time earlier. I got it out ok, but I found I have a mysterious slim black plastic box wired in, but not properly mounted, on top of my radio.
It has a sticker on it which informs me that it is an 's-nav uk "freedom camera"'. It is apparently made by Siemens.
I assume it's a part of the trafficmaster system? (I have a button on the dash with a little Tm logo on, but have never actually pressed it. There's a speaker attached to the passenger footwell which I gather is also for the satnav?)
I dunno what system it is, but I have a (?harmony?) radio with no screen of any kind in the car, and no reversing camera or anything to my knowledge. I don't think any literal camera has been fitted anywhere on the car.
So what is the box for? Am I right to think it's something to do with the satnav?
It powers down after switching the car off and makes a whirring sound, so i know whatever it is is functional.
I would quite like to remove it at some point if possible, my stereo system will need every possible ounce of power it can get...When I work out how to get the infernal ****** connector out of the back of the existing system, that is! Many thanks
StuPiddname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2015, 07:32   #2
pm77
Gets stuck in

Volvo XC70 D5 AWD Auto

Maybe this http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=58227 although I think the systems in our cars are now sadly defunct
pm77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2015, 21:24   #3
StuPiddname

Rover 75 tourer

Many thanks for the reply. Yes, that seems to be the little blighter. Im assuming it was an aftermarket install then? I'd assumed it was an option, should have guessed by the lack of posts on here about it that it wasn't, I suppose. I didn't know if it would be linked in to any other essential car systems but it sounds doubtful if it's aftermarket.
Wonder why they called the phone connection and GPS control box a 'camera'?!

And they're defunct now anyway? Won't matter if i ****** it up when removing it then...
Thanks again for the reply. Very helpful..
StuPiddname is offline   Reply With Quote