Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th October 2019, 15:02   #11
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

As you can see, it is more than adequate for a 75 tourer, and is single phase.

It is twin hydraulic cylinder with mechanical ratchet interlock, with a single sided release mechanism.

I'd rather give it away to somebody for free, than have the thief use it and all of the other equipment he has no intention of paying for.

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3995.jpg (133.4 KB, 182 views)
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2020, 12:52   #12
Xavier
Avid contributor

MG ZT 260 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourist View Post
Thanks everyone for your replies - really useful.

I had a look at the HSE links and as a result decided that I'd look for a lift manufacturer who knew what they were doing!

Xavier's mention of Twin Busch was really helpful and I think I'm going to buy one of their 242A lifts that's been narrowed by about 500 mm (which can be done if you have them install it for you).

Phil - you're right, I hand't noticed the lifting height limit on the original link I sent! I hadn't appreciated that the arms would stop quite a long way short of the tops of the posts.

My garage is in the process of being built at the moment and the lift can't be installed until 28 days after the concrete has been poured so there'll be quite a wait until it's in and working.
How did you get on and which if any did you purchase? I bought the Twin Busch TW242PE which has parking facility to lock the lift in the up position so you can safely park a vehicle underneath. Weather and health prevented it being up and ready but getting there slowly.
Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2020, 14:11   #13
Steven211
Regular poster

VW Golf TDI yawn

MAHA do some nice ramps but expensive.
Steven211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2020, 15:01   #14
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Oh so jealous, I wish I could have one but I don't have the head room, if I move.
I will monitor this thread with real interest.
For those with lifts or intending to get one, what have you or will you have for driving up and over the arms?

Just a warning, check what amperage the lifts draw to make sure your power supply cable can handle it.

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2020, 15:18   #15
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Oh so jealous, I wish I could have one but I don't have the head room, if I move.
I will monitor this thread with real interest.
For those with lifts or intending to get one, what have you or will you have for driving up and over the arms?

Just a warning, check what amperage the lifts draw to make sure your power supply cable can handle it.

macafee2
You don’t drive over the arms, they swing out of the way and once the car is in between the posts you swivel the arms underneath the car.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2020, 07:47   #16
BillyMG
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.5 V6 Auto Tourer (Elizabeth) / MG ZT CDTI (Farage)

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Oh so jealous, I wish I could have one but I don't have the head room
Me too. When we were buying a house a few years ago it came down to this one which was more or less ready to move straight into, or another one which needed a bit of work but had a garden the size of a football pitch and more importantly a massive garage with an inspection pit. As I had a broken tibia / fibula and the wife was 8 months pregnant we opted for the ready to go house, which I always regret! Next time I'll get somewhere with potential for a lift. But as the wife is 8 months pregnant again I'll be looking on with jealous admiration for a while yet haha
BillyMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2020, 08:53   #17
jonc3725
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190 + and MKIV Supra

I will be watching this post with intent.

My garage is a nice size but not quite high enough. What minimum height are people needing?.

I would consider lifting the roof ( which I could do with planning permission) and fitting a ramp.

I don't trust Chinese manufacture too much hence watching what people buy with interest. Ultimately I would like to park one car under another but for that it would need to be 4 x post and that's a different game.

Living the dream

MK IV VVTI Tiptronic TT Toyota Supra
MG ZT 190+
BornTuesday, 10th July 2001 @ 09:01:10
259th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
252nd ZT 190 + to be made out of 4,023
101st ZT in Solar Red (code: CEU) to be made out of 1,888
jonc3725 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2020, 09:59   #18
Xavier
Avid contributor

MG ZT 260 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc3725 View Post
I will be watching this post with intent.

My garage is a nice size but not quite high enough. What minimum height are people needing?.

I would consider lifting the roof ( which I could do with planning permission) and fitting a ramp.

I don't trust Chinese manufacture too much hence watching what people buy with interest. Ultimately I would like to park one car under another but for that it would need to be 4 x post and that's a different game.
Hello Jon, not sure about the height but the Twin Busch TW242PE has the park capability hence why I bought it. I had a friend purchase and arrange collection due to the logistics and complexity of getting the lift to my workshop but he ended up ordering one and the guys who collected them were so impressed they bought one too. Might be worth having a look as they are very helpful and can advise on the best solution for you considering height restrictions.
Xavier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2020, 10:01   #19
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

We got new lifts at work and the old ones were sold off, mine was in excellent condition and had been fully serviced and safety inspected every year. It was sold for £250 but unfortunately my garage isn’t tall enough to house it although one of my friends bought it.

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2020, 16:35   #20
Discofan
Loves to post

(Land)Rover Freelander 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discofan View Post
Watching this thread, Ill be in the market for a set when my new garage / workshop / mancave is completed.
It should have been erected by now, was scheduled to be built 3rd - 4th April but the company closed the week before due to the coronavirus. Apparently Im first on their list whenever they are able to reopen. My concrete base will be well cured anyway, its been about 6 months since it was poured. Was wishing for a 2 post lift yesterday when I had the haldex out of my Freelander to service it, a drive up pair of ramps was adequate but how much easier would it have been standing up doing it?

The Twin Busch lift looks like a good piece of kit, I'll keep it in mind for when Im buying,

Last edited by Discofan; 19th April 2020 at 16:44..
Discofan is offline   Reply With Quote