Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets > Regional Events Forum: The South West
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th November 2013, 19:49   #21
Rover Raver
Avid contributor

MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol View Post
I am quite disappointed by the lack of meets for the South West, and I don't really feel like driving for hours and hours (I drive for a living) to get somewhere half a galaxy away.

If you live in the Exeter area or indeed Devon then please post here and I'm sure we can arrange something local. I am free this weekend and next weekend but ideally this weekend would be the best time and Saturday the best day.

I am based just outside of Exeter.

Hopefully this will have some people that are able to attend as I'd love to get to know you lot in person and put names to faces.

I remember trying to get members to attend the annual Classic Vehicle Gathering on the Imperial Recreation Ground in Exmouth, which was staged by the Morris Minor Owners Club Devon Branch on 18th August. But no-one seemed to reply to the invite.

Next year it takes place on Sunday 17th August from 10am until 4PM and anyone with a Rover 75 or MG ZT/ZT-T would be welcome to attend and display their car.
Old 10th November 2013, 20:48   #22
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

There seems to no active RS for Devon and Cornwall. It might be an idea to organise some of meets of your own.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 21:41   #23
Rover Raver
Avid contributor

MG

From my own experiece (and tears and teeth marks from those who were not happy), it is never easy organising events and expecting everyone concerned to attend.

So, for 2014, here are a few provisional events I know of for people to turn up to and put on a display of Rover 75s and MG ZTs. Neither require booking beforehand (although it is a good idea for someone to coordinate numbers and relay this back to the events' organisers before the day to get a big enough display area) or an entry fee.

Sunday 17th August - Classic Vehicle Gathering, Imperial Recreation Ground, Exmouth.

Sunday 7th September - Thornfalcon Classic Cart Meet, Henlade, Nr Taunton.
Old 10th November 2013, 22:03   #24
tareim
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT+ 160 v6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover Raver View Post
Sunday 7th September - Thornfalcon Classic Cart Meet, Henlade, Nr Taunton.
that's just down the road from me, surprised I haven't heard about it, what's the charge for attending?
tareim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 07:38   #25
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Post the events in your area on the events page. I attended a few down the West Country this year and no doubt I'll be down again next year.

233,320. New rear tyres on order for BBB.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 11:51   #26
Rover Raver
Avid contributor

MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by tareim View Post
that's just down the road from me, surprised I haven't heard about it, what's the charge for attending?

There is no formal entry fee for attending either of the two events mentioned. Both do have collecting buckets for specific location charities, should you wish to make a voluntary donation.

I attended Thornfalcon this year (with the MG ZR) and there was only one other MG Z model in attendence - a ZT saloon finished in Mirage and sporting 18-inch Vortex alloy wheels from the 75 V8.

Of interest, the Saab Owners Club South West attended Thornfalcon and as they had spoken with the organisers beforehand (Thornfalcon Classic Car Sales), they were allocated an area on the level with all the other car clubs, so that their members could park up together and put on a very nice display. The same also occured for other car clubs attending the Classic Vehicle Gathering in Exmouth.

If you need any contact details for these two events, Google 'Thornfalcon Classic Car Sales' for the Thornfalcon meet, and phone Lorna Moggridge on (01823) 672693 (working hours) for the show in Exmouth.
Old 11th November 2013, 15:44   #27
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

If you put up the date, place, (include post code) and time of a proposed meeting, thats about all you can do, you don't have any control re people turning up, so don't worry about that side of it, just go and have a nice time yourself...

"Large trees from lil acorns grow" and all that sort of codswallap innit..
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 16:08   #28
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
Devon is a big County, there must be loads of members living in or nearby.

Keep this thread running and try to sort out some nice possible venues for next spring..

The hill climb at Porlock would be fun, dine in Porlock weir or Watchet, then up the hill and across to Lynmouth for a trip up the water powered cliff lift to finish the trip off nicely.. innit..
Not wishing to rain on your parade james but both porlock and watchet are in zummerset !!! not by far if you in nort debn now a nice little walk for those who like a challenge would be clovelly only drawback is you have to pay to enter the village these days !! cobbaton military museum is a possible site for a meet, westward ho has been a venue for previous meet sun sea and well lots of wind usually lol

but as you say its a big county so must be lots of other sites to entice members to

Mike
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2013, 16:37   #29
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Can't help the silly shapes of county boundaries innit.. Actually I had a holiday in that area a while back, simply because I wanted to drive up the longest (steepest?) "A" road hill in England.. I've already done Wynetts pass in Derbyshire a few times...

Bit like the Devon Dorset boundary innit.. Go West a mile from Lyme Regis and you are in Devon, and if you go North 10 miles to Axminster, you end up in Devon again!

The drive mentioned is still a nice idea though innit.. Peeps could even have a ride on a steam train From Watchet innit..
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 12:38   #30
allegroman
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDT Club SE: BRG, Deep Sea Green and plenty of options

Would be nice to have a Devon meet. Somewhere on Dertmoor may be fairly central for everyone?

Always thought the forecourt at Castle Drogo would be a good spot for a line-up of 75's