Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 11th July 2019, 21:42   #41
Tenesmus
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzublu View Post
I've got a brand new stainless steel one in the shed

I'm impressed! Who made it?
2005 Connoisseur 2.5 auto SE Tourer in BRG with Sandstone Beige and Black piping interior (the 2nd of only 7 Rover 75s produced 5th November 2004, and it’s the 244th of 303 facelift British Racing Green 75 tourers built worldwide). All I've done is add Rover walnut gear knob and handbrake...

2016 Vauxhall Viva SL (Father Jack) "assisted manual" (auto) in purple. Going rusty underneath already...

Tenesmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2019, 22:02   #42
Dawn
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 180+ auto

Thanked 1,128 Times in 504 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenesmus View Post
Yes, well it said that for weeks, even giving a date of June 28, which passed by with none appearing, and now says Out of stock, expected soon. Not much good if you need one now.
If I needed one I'd get one made. Pretty sure the chap who did my old cars sills could knock one up in no time. He's fab. ☺
Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2019, 23:08   #43
JSS
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Connoisseur 1999 LHD Dealer launch car 100532

Here in Finland, the numbers for Rover 75 are like around 100 on the road now.
JSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2019, 07:12   #44
forizzle

MG ZT-T

Default ZT-T's left on the road

Down to 13 now for the 180+ Sports Auto
forizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2019, 07:39   #45
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

It wont be the mechanical parts that kill these cars, it will be the electronics. For example you must have an indication that the fog lights are on the for the MOT. Where is that warning light? How many of our cars have dodgy displays that will still be operating in another 10 or 15 years? Yes a bulb could be wired up but think of all the other electronics that keep the car on the road like the ECU, ABS and body control module.

Some of this can be swapped from other cars but in the end it wont be viable or there will be nobody left with the correct software to do it.

I think the death of these cars will be a 2p diode or capacitor making a warning light come on or not if it should.

The joy of old cars like the E type is that anything electric is fixable or replaceable.

If I was planning to keep my ZT for ever I would be buying up all the electronics, getting them coded to your car and wrapping them up in tissue paper, bubble wrap and silica gel until the day I need them.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2019, 08:07   #46
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Funnily enough I don't think our cars' demise will be down to electronics for two reasons; apart from flooding ECM's from plenum drain blockages and other ECU's due to water leaking in where it shouldn't the electonics have proved extremely reliable.

And if any problems do arrive we are lucky enough to have some members on here who can rectify faults - I have yet to see Brian defeated on anything electronic!
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2019, 08:14   #47
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by COLVERT View Post
Now there's a change of subject--------

Talking about our bodies now.---

We and our car are connected!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2019, 09:56   #48
timon
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon

In the Netherlands 5 500 Rover 75 were sold.

Today 1 933 of those are still on the road.
I checked half a year ago: there were 100 more.

In 2019 6 Rover 75 were imported, mine included.
timon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2019, 10:08   #49
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
I'm impressed! Who made it?
Can't remember off hand, it was a few years ago. I do remember the Hermes delivery driver asking what it was as the depot were taking bets on its identity
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
It wont be the mechanical parts that kill these cars, it will be the electronics. For example you must have an indication that the fog lights are on the for the MOT. Where is that warning light? How many of our cars have dodgy displays that will still be operating in another 10 or 15 years? Yes a bulb could be wired up but think of all the other electronics that keep the car on the road like the ECU, ABS and body control module.

Some of this can be swapped from other cars but in the end it wont be viable or there will be nobody left with the correct software to do it.

I think the death of these cars will be a 2p diode or capacitor making a warning light come on or not if it should.

The joy of old cars like the E type is that anything electric is fixable or replaceable.

If I was planning to keep my ZT for ever I would be buying up all the electronics, getting them coded to your car and wrapping them up in tissue paper, bubble wrap and silica gel until the day I need them.
The fog light on illumination is on the dash, one facing left, one right, indicating front and rear
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2019, 14:23   #50
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Quote:
Today I took delivery of a tank strap, rear o/s wishbone (both MOT advisories) and a door latch. The tank strap - well I found one new one on eBay and had it. I can't see any more available. MG Rover partfinder has one at Summit in Dudley (no they don't) and one in Holland.

So I popped next door to the metal fabricator and showed it to him, he said he could make one no problem. Thing is he's semi retired, so I could get him to do one or two maybe, but that's it.
I got two brand new tank straps last years around £38 if i remember genuine MG Rover ones too, there were not many left the either in 2018.
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote