Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th April 2019, 19:14   #11
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Thomas, you will face a lot worse in life that your teacher,rise above it, get your head down and work hard, nothing will prove your teacher wrong better than you passing your exams.
Old 17th April 2019, 19:43   #12
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snetty View Post
Thomas,
Walking is not going to solve anything, life is sometimes like this and along the way you will come across a$$holes like this. Head down work hard and prove him wrong, you know you can.
Good advice from Snetty - I would add that getting evidence of such appalling behaviour via some sort of hidden recording facility on your phone would be a good idea.

Last edited by Darcydog; 17th April 2019 at 19:47..
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2019, 21:07   #13
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Good advice from Snetty - I would add that getting evidence of such appalling behaviour via some sort of hidden recording facility on your phone would be a good idea.
NO! It would be a very bad idea! It is illegal to record in a private place without being made aware of it.

This is where keeping a diary and eye witnesses come into play.

My concern though is posting whilst in class makes it sound like there is a reason behind the struggle. A lack of attention (I know it is hard, harder still for modern youth), causes us all to miss things, and potentially fall behind. It is this that has started the cycle.

I am sorry Thomas, but put your phone/tablet down and pay attention in class. This 'picking on you' has likely come from noticing your lack of attention in class whilst you doodle, on your phone looking out the window, writing down what you will do next to your car (I have done just this, only for me it was what carry out I was going to get for the next party lol). You then ask a question that has likely been explained whilst you were 'busy' doing something else. It is these sorts of things that frustrate a teacher, especially when they are no longer allowed to even slam a rule against your desk and confiscate your phone.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2019, 21:09   #14
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

first, you should not be on this forum during class time. It brings no credit your post about getting on with your work.

If you feel you are being ill treated by your teacher, then speak to the head master/mistress.

As a child, it is important that a teacher treats a pupil with respect but it is also important that the pupil treats the teacher with respect.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2019, 21:15   #15
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
NO! It would be a very bad idea! It is illegal to record in a private place without being made aware of it.

This is where keeping a diary and eye witnesses come into play.

My concern though is posting whilst in class makes it sound like there is a reason behind the struggle. A lack of attention (I know it is hard, harder still for modern youth), causes us all to miss things, and potentially fall behind. It is this that has started the cycle.

I am sorry Thomas, but put your phone/tablet down and pay attention in class. This 'picking on you' has likely come from noticing your lack of attention in class whilst you doodle, on your phone looking out the window, writing down what you will do next to your car (I have done just this, only for me it was what carry out I was going to get for the next party lol). You then ask a question that has likely been explained whilst you were 'busy' doing something else. It is these sorts of things that frustrate a teacher, especially when they are no longer allowed to even slam a rule against your desk and confiscate your phone.
I appreciate your point of view - but a recording of what is actually going on would neither be illegal or inadmissible - in a complaint - if it proves what the OP is actually saying.
Old 17th April 2019, 21:39   #16
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
I appreciate your point of view - but a recording of what is actually going on would neither be illegal or inadmissible - in a complaint - if it proves what the OP is actually saying.
that is if anyone is prepared to listen to it in a disciplinary procedure. Certainly it wont be in a work environment. Even our union refused to listen to it when it was presented to help explain the situation, one of my colleagues accused our boss of bullying. (although in my view, the recording would not have demonstrated why she claimed to be 'targeted' it was one sided and not visual - she wasnt doing the work she was tasked with in the first place, so alternative lighter work was given to her, which she suggested she was treated differently! )

It is sharing the recording without consent is the legal issue.

Old 17th April 2019, 21:55   #17
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

clf - actually, taking a recording in the workplace is not illegal (I believe), but may or may not be of value depending on the circumstances. It may also be against an individual's terms of contract in which case it could be counterproductive.

Swithcihg on such devices in a classroom will most likely contravene the peoples' terms of attendance and bahaviour at the school. A misguided path to go down and even more misguided to suggest to a young person.

As you say, there is likely to be more to it at the root of any issues than is apparent here.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th April 2019, 21:56   #18
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
that is if anyone is prepared to listen to it in a disciplinary procedure. Certainly it wont be in a work environment. Even our union refused to listen to it when it was presented to help explain the situation, one of my colleagues accused our boss of bullying. (although in my view, the recording would not have demonstrated why she claimed to be 'targeted' it was one sided and not visual - she wasnt doing the work she was tasked with in the first place, so alternative lighter work was given to her, which she suggested she was treated differently! )

It is sharing the recording without consent is the legal issue.
I would agree with you in a work environment - but the way I read it - this comes under “Safeguarding” rules. Employment law here is irrelevant I think.
Old 17th April 2019, 22:02   #19
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
I would agree with you in a work environment - but the way I read it - this comes under “Safeguarding” rules. Employment law here is irrelevant I think.
but not for the teacher, I would think employment law would be very relevant, especially to bring the teacher's side of the story.

Old 17th April 2019, 22:26   #20
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
but not for the teacher, I would think employment law would be very relevant, especially to bring the teacher's side of the story.
Safeguarding requires Teachers to be fair to all pupils - I too question why someone is txting/posting in class.

But if it is a cry for help - then Safeguarding rules would allow the School to review such “evidence” even if it would be inadmissible in a court of law or in a disciplinary.