Notices

Old 19th April 2019, 11:58   #61
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSun View Post
.......... I even had a visitor to a house up the street park on my drive. After finding who it was and making him move, his excuse was as the drive is double width, shared with next door who was parked on it, and he couldn't find anywhere close to park he would leave it on my drive. He said my neighbour could have moved his car to get my cars out and couldn't see what the problem was at all. The neighbour who was being visited was later full of apologies and we haven't seen the offender since.
That's amazing and just sums up the selfish attitude of some people.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2019, 10:31   #62
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
...............We tried to point this out to a mobile hairdresser lady who visited a neighbour without any success.............
Was the hairdresser driving a SLK?

Let the good times roll............

Dorset Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2019, 11:03   #63
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorset Bob View Post

How dare you, sir. SLK driving hairdressers have class as well as beauty.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2019, 17:52   #64
steve-45
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon CDTi

Thanked 1,089 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
Most new build properties now have to comply with local planning regulations requiring provided parking.
I looked at plans for a new build development near me when they were promoting the development in the local shopping centre.

I asked about parking and was told it was 0.3 vehicles per household, as younger people are steering away from car ownership.
steve-45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2019, 19:01   #65
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Going slightly off topic do you think there will ever come a time when they start to restrict car registrations in the UK as they do in some parts of Asia?

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2019, 20:47   #66
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorset Bob View Post
Not sure - but the Receptionist at my hairdresser drives one.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2019, 08:10   #67
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSun View Post
................. I even had a visitor to a house up the street park on my drive. After finding who it was and making him move, his excuse was as the drive is double width, shared with next door who was parked on it, and he couldn't find anywhere close to park he would leave it on my drive. He said my neighbour could have moved his car to get my cars out and couldn't see what the problem was at all. The neighbour who was being visited was later full of apologies and we haven't seen the offender since.

Quote:
Originally Posted by planenut View Post
That's amazing and just sums up the selfish attitude of some people.
Unfortunately, there is an increasing population with such attitudes.

We have a longish drive up to the house and at the end away from the house, next doors, is a farmshop with a tea shop. Our drive is clearly marked with a sign as a "Private Drive".

Last summer my wife came home at mid-day on a Saturday and found a car with a disabled sticker parked in the middle of our drive at the entrance in the shade of a tree. After looking around, she went to the tea shop and asked if the car belonged to anyone. One of two grossly overweight ladies at a table said it was hers. When asked if she could move the car, she just replied "I'm having a tea". She grudgingly got up to move the car after being told repeatedly that she was parked in a private drive and our house can only be accessed via the drive.

After the woman moved her car, my wife drove in and the woman stuck it back in our drive in the same place muttering words like "it's not doing any harm here".

We would always help anyone with a disability of any sort, but what do you do with such an ignorant, selfish person, especially if they also happen to display a "disabled" sticker?

P.S I think the disability in this case was just the fact that she was grossly overweight and needed to use sticks to walk.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2019, 08:24   #68
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Last summer my wife came home at mid-day on a Saturday and found a car with a disabled sticker parked in the middle of our drive at the entrance in the shade of a tree.

I think I would have felt inclined to park my car in my drive, blocking the other one in and make them wait your time, before releasing them.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st April 2019, 09:47   #69
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

Maybe to get a driving licence (if they have one), they should also have to pass an an examination to see if they are socially suitable??
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd April 2019, 20:29   #70
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
I think I would have felt inclined to park my car in my drive, blocking the other one in and make them wait your time, before releasing them.
Without a doubt - that is what I would have done. Then again my trailer has a clamp on it - so I may have been tempted to clamp the offending car as well
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote