Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th April 2019, 10:01   #21
Blackrose
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Sorry MSS, I assumed that Trikey's car was still heading toward the 500,000 mile mark without additives, I had not realised that it had suffered and died at 250,000.
I to your infinite wisdom.

I comfortably retired at 52, so although not being a very wise person, I like to think I made a few right decisions over the years.

The snakeoil was a joke, I am so sorry I didn't have anything constructive to say. I best not post anymore.

Cheers Blackrose

Last edited by Blackrose; 19th April 2019 at 10:20..
Blackrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2019, 15:44   #22
Blackrose
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Oh and another thing, my Kawasaki is bigger than yours. VN2000.
Old 19th April 2019, 17:28   #23
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrose View Post
Oh and another thing, my Kawasaki is bigger than yours. VN2000.

Hi Blackrose,

My post was made in jest - I hope it came across as such but not too readily.

Ok - your taste in bikes helps you regain some credibility!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2019, 19:00   #24
Blackrose
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

I know. btw that is not my taste in bikes, it just happened to be in the right place (Spain) at the right time. I am a british man of which I have a few from a Ralaigh Runabout to a 2004 Triumph Rocket 3, and lots in between. Not very wise I know, but there you go.

P.S. They all run without additives.

Blackrose
Old 20th April 2019, 02:20   #25
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackrose View Post
2004 Triumph Rocket 3

Blackrose
Your bike has a bigger engine than your car. (well, unless you have the 2.5 ).

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2019, 14:08   #26
Blackrose
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

A 2l and a 2.5l so bigger than one, not quite as big as the other but a lot quicker
Old 22nd April 2019, 23:59   #27
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
As does water!

There was a thread on here some years ago where non-believers posted a link to a statement by AA CEO Edmund King to the effect that there is no difference between premium and other fuels. I pointed out that the results EK posted actually showed Shell V-Power gave a 7% better MPG than supermarket brands.

Do a search and you will see the results of their controlled testing.

I seem to remember Shell being a few million out of pocket back in the 70s. When their wonder 4 star fuel was being treated by the tanker drivers with their wonder juice. Makes your car go further, be much cleaner and more powerful, not to mention many other claims they made. Now this was their standard 4 star fuel.
Then several police forces up and down the country many rep cars were having to replace engines in their petrol fleets at between 70 and 90k burnt out valves and see through pistons, bores at +40 without a rebore.
Don’t quite remember the court outcome but I remember our local council the local police force and many lease and hire companies getting new engines fitted FOC by Shell. Also many high mileage dealer bought and maintained privately owned cars got new engines out of the scandal. It has to be said their PR boys did a wonderful job of playing it down.
Then remember super unleaded. 103 octane fuel Five star plus fuel, massive advertising campaign, then they discovered its combustion fumes caused liver cancer. It vanished overnight.

I remember carrying out a demonstration of a ceramic magnetic that you fitted to your fuel line as close to the engine as possible.
The claim was reduced nasty output. And better burning fuel.
The car we tried it on was a Reliant V6 scimitar. We had great fun the cars exhaust out put on both sides was a MOT fail. Fit the magnet and within 2 mins it was a pass on the side it was fitted to. Fit another to the other side and the car became an easy clean pass in under three mins. So yes it worked. What it did was make all the particles of fuel all line up in the same polarity.
I was so impressed that one of the buildings in my charge that had two 1200kwh boilers. I fitted an electrically powered version of the idea to one of the boilers and secondary gas consumption meters to each boiler. The electro magnet unit cost a little over Five hundred pounds for the boiler. With the boilers running through the winter the one with the magnet was consuming about 7% less gas than the one without over the same duty time.
As you can imagine the second boiler got the same treatment the following year.
In my tests the polarising of fuel molecules worked. Not by the up to 20% claimed by the products marketing team. Though it was enough to pay for the unit and still make a saving in the first year on the commercial boilers.
The ceramic magnets got several classic cars through the dreaded MOT emissions test simply by strapping a magnet on to the fuel line before the Carburettor. The night we did the test on the Ford V6 engine proved that the engine ran smoother with the magnets on and the emissions were cleaner. Take the magnets off and the idle was lumpy again and the exhaust got dirty. Strap them back on smooth. On idle again and you could watch the gas analyser show the engine cleaning up its act.
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2019, 08:16   #28
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanaslan View Post
I seem to remember Shell being a few million out of pocket back in the 70s. When their wonder 4 star fuel was being treated by the tanker drivers with their wonder juice. Makes your car go further, be much cleaner and more powerful, not to mention many other claims they made. Now this was their standard 4 star fuel.
Then several police forces up and down the country many rep cars were having to replace engines in their petrol fleets at between 70 and 90k burnt out valves and see through pistons, bores at +40 without a rebore.
Don’t quite remember the court outcome but I remember our local council the local police force and many lease and hire companies getting new engines fitted FOC by Shell. Also many high mileage dealer bought and maintained privately owned cars got new engines out of the scandal. It has to be said their PR boys did a wonderful job of playing it down.
Then remember super unleaded. 103 octane fuel Five star plus fuel, massive advertising campaign, then they discovered its combustion fumes caused liver cancer. It vanished overnight.

I remember carrying out a demonstration of a ceramic magnetic that you fitted to your fuel line as close to the engine as possible.
The claim was reduced nasty output. And better burning fuel.
The car we tried it on was a Reliant V6 scimitar. We had great fun the cars exhaust out put on both sides was a MOT fail. Fit the magnet and within 2 mins it was a pass on the side it was fitted to. Fit another to the other side and the car became an easy clean pass in under three mins. So yes it worked. What it did was make all the particles of fuel all line up in the same polarity.
I was so impressed that one of the buildings in my charge that had two 1200kwh boilers. I fitted an electrically powered version of the idea to one of the boilers and secondary gas consumption meters to each boiler. The electro magnet unit cost a little over Five hundred pounds for the boiler. With the boilers running through the winter the one with the magnet was consuming about 7% less gas than the one without over the same duty time.
As you can imagine the second boiler got the same treatment the following year.
In my tests the polarising of fuel molecules worked. Not by the up to 20% claimed by the products marketing team. Though it was enough to pay for the unit and still make a saving in the first year on the commercial boilers.
The ceramic magnets got several classic cars through the dreaded MOT emissions test simply by strapping a magnet on to the fuel line before the Carburettor. The night we did the test on the Ford V6 engine proved that the engine ran smoother with the magnets on and the emissions were cleaner. Take the magnets off and the idle was lumpy again and the exhaust got dirty. Strap them back on smooth. On idle again and you could watch the gas analyser show the engine cleaning up its act.
Alan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Don’t believe a word of it.
There have been many many tests done of these devices and all have indicated it’s complete nonsense
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2019, 22:22   #29
crazy frog
Avid contributor

MG ZTT Cdti 135 + Auto

Default Slick 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by victorgte View Post
I’ve used additives for years. Some work and some don’t seem to work.
Slick 50. Saved my TR7 when the engine lost its oil filter at 40mph. Engine did not seize up. Ran fine until i sold it 18 months later. With fresh oil and filter of course!
Redex. I’ve got no positive proof of its abilities. Use it when it’s on offer.
Engine oil stop a leak. This does work. My weeping crank oil seal weeps no more on my L series diesel Streetwise.
K seal. Just avoid it at all costs.
There are no doubt more I’ve tried but can’t report on anything positive as I can’t remember. I’m sure I will think about more and post again.
Hi Sir, where do you get Slick 50.these days. I used it regularly Donkeys years ago. Paul
Old 23rd April 2019, 22:37   #30
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy frog View Post
Hi Sir, where do you get Slick 50.these days. I used it regularly Donkeys years ago. Paul
They sell it in Halfords
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote