Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th September 2016, 20:40   #1
Busboy
Loves to post

75 tourer (facelift) 2.0 CDTi

Exclamation Agreed value insurance

Many years ago (in the 1980`s) I had classic policies on my many Rootes cars that I owned at the time. I thought that I would delve back in to the subject by obtaining a quote for my 2005 CDTi tourer and I am pleased to report that with minimum of haggling I have now got a good agreed value policy that suits my needs.

My main reason for searching for an agreed value policy was because as my car is in very good condition and I have invested quite a bit to keep her well maintained and looking good, I could not bear the thought of a derisory book price sum should the worst happen and it was written off etc.

After filling in the relevant forms and submitting photos and supporting documentation I was offered an agreed value for a mileage of 10,000 a year of a rather stingy £2,500! for what I have been told is a very well preserved car by other club members.

I made the choice as recommended by the insurer that If I was not happy I could seek an independent valuation of having my car valued by an experienced motor engineer, this I arranged with gentleman with a string of letter after his name to match the alphabet! who is a member of several industry recognised bodies , I paid the appropriate fee and received a very fair report, which increased my insurers valuation by over a Grand!!.

now I feel more secure in the knowledge that should the worst happen I would be able to replace my car with one in similar condition, if not safeguard the investment that I have made in its preservation.

I hope that the members who have a good presentable car may find the above information of use in consideration to ensure that your pride and joy is adequately covered.

Last edited by Busboy; 5th September 2016 at 20:41.. Reason: spelling mistake
Busboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2016, 20:53   #2
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Out of interest, what company did you go with?

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2016, 21:08   #3
Busboy
Loves to post

75 tourer (facelift) 2.0 CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teflon View Post
Out of interest, what company did you go with?

Cliff
Adrian Flux, I know there are others but this firm came up first in a publication I read.
Busboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2016, 21:08   #4
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Yes it would be good to know who you used, I was told no company will give an agreed value for any car unless it is over 15 years old or is rare.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2016, 21:14   #5
ricardo65
This is my second home

mgzt cdti 160.mgzt 1.8t mg6 1.8t

Thanked 1,652 Times in 969 Posts

I'm with peter best and have agreed value on my zt no quibble and easily sorted for peace of mind just incase you never know what round the corner and I would hate to be offered a book price settlement

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...d.php?t=213906
ricardo65 is offline   Reply With Quote